NHL'94 Forums

Dany Heatley traded to Minnesota for Havlat

halifax

Burns and Havlat for Heatley, Setoguchi, Charlie Coyle and a 1st.

Dany will always conjure negative thoughts.

"I don't always play NHL '94, but, when I do, I prefer the Super Nintendo version."

Edited by trudatman

My thoughts on this deal is that it better be worth it for San Jose. Unless I heard that Heatley caused problems in the locker room, he was pretty damn productive with the Sharks. What will Havlat bring to the table that made this risk possible?

Unless I heard that Heatley caused problems in the locker room, he was pretty damn productive with the Sharks.

He has drawn criticism for his lack of production in the playoffs, scoring just five goals in 32 games over the past two post-seasons.

For a guy making 7 million a season, that's not productive.

"I don't always play NHL '94, but, when I do, I prefer the Super Nintendo version."

"Use 'Defense Control', my friends."

Dany will always conjure negative thoughts.

hahaha must admit i loled

I'm very shocked about this trade. Martin Havlat has become one of my favorite players. I wish him luck. I wish the Hawks somehow kept him. But if they did, he'd probably be playing in Atlanta/Winnipeg or Florida right now instead of San Jose.

Don't forget salary cap hits of 7.5 vs 5.

And Heatley scored only 26-38-64 last season, compared to Havlat's 22-40-62 (in 2 fewer games).

Speed could be an issue, too...

Edit: Heatley played with a broken hand for over a month and some other injuries, hurting his stats.