NHL'94 Forums

best way to score

onetimerbadge

personally i believe in the one man effort, but my friends do not agree, any arguments at all?

If you play with your own team player's with skills at 25 and opponent at 100+ (like I do, in order to get some challenge)... there are just a few "safe" ways of scoring. Shots at 25 are really weak, unless slapshot, which is normally too hard/slow to do. So you need a one-timer. Of course a slapshot+rebound works too (but then its not a one-man show anyway).

D-to-D on the blue-line and a one-timer with a re-bound is a "safe" way of scoring. Another thing is to stress the computer goalie and capture the puck when he plays it out to his teammates.

Of course if you play on normal skill levels, you can easily use just one player to score all goals, you just need to shot/aim from the right spot. But that is like no challenge.. :-) You can win with 20-0 in a 5:00 game this way.

Edited by golub

One man effort has more ways to score (talking genesis)

- cutting across the crease

- triple deke

- pass shot (down B )

- Wrap around the net

- Slap shot

- rebound

- ram the goalie

One timers you are basically just passing to the center. You sometimes can do it with a wing or defender, but they are much more rare just the way the computer teammates line up.

Once Manual Goalie is used well, the one timer really goes away so I would have to say one man is the way to go. Best way to score against manual goalie experts is the "dead man" move.

Edited by segathon

One man effort has more ways to score (talking genesis)

- cutting across the crease

- triple deke

- pass shot (down B )

- Wrap around the net

- Slap shot

- rebound

- ram the goalie

One timers you are basically just passing to the center. You sometimes can do it with a wing or defender, but they are much more rare just the way the computer teammates line up.

Once Manual Goalie is used well, the one timer really goes away so I would have to say one man is the way to go. Best way to score against manual goalie experts is the "dead man" move.

Pass shot not necessarily "down B".