NHL'94 Forums

Who has the worst fans in nhl?

hokkeefan

I have been checking out tsn,sportsnet and cbc forums and holy fack !!!I wanna go fight someone after reading that s**t lol.The posts can be about tor or mont or edm and it all comes back to gillis being an idiot or the canucks choking again or mon or edm winning cups 30 years ago.There is sooooo much hate between the provinces in Canada, let alone the usa /canadian thing going on.Can't everyone just be a little bit positive and not wanting to kill their neighbor? lol(I am going to start being positive RIGHT NOW!,enough of the hating)You buncha dirty rat bastards lol.goodnight or goodmorning B)

I would have to say San Jose. How long can you possibly boo a rental player (Brian Cambell) among other things. It's just silly.

Honorable mention : Vancouver ( the kings of... we can do it but you should go to jail if you do the same thing )

Boston. Responding to Habs chant with ''USA'' is beyond stupid.

Totally!

Boston fans can be complete dicks at times.

I wonder what the little kid in your avatar is doing now :PB)

Boston. Responding to Habs chant with ''USA'' is beyond stupid.

Only Canadian teams make a playoff series CAN vs USA. As example, Vancouver had about 1000 fans with flags and the person they bring out to sing the USA national anthem is pathetic and embarrassing.

And also, Zalex is right, and right. :D

Edited by dcicon5148

if you say mtl for the worst fans in the nhl, then you also gotta say mtl for the best fans in the nhl.

Frustrating, but true.

On the internet I find Habs fans are the worst, but a lot of that is due to the Pittsburgh vs. Montreal thread on this forum last year. Canucks fans got cocky this year, and are a close second place.

When not hiding behind a keyboard, I've seen the Leafs play in Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, and Philly. If I am going to take the people that I was around those days as a generalization for the entire fanbase, then:

-Montreal fans are the smartest, and actually, really, really, hate you, your mother, your team, and their own country.

-Ottawa fans apparently wear Maple Leaf jerseys, boo Alfredsson, and chant "go Leafs go."

-Pittsburgh fans keep to themselves unless they just had their first beer. So about 1/3 of the arena keep to themselves. They like to spend money on the newest throwback jersey and put Lemieux's name on it. They try to impress you by name-dropping players that are "really good" in the same way your girlfriend will try to impress you by pretending she cares about the hockey game you're watching. They have all banged Max Talbot at one time or another.

-What Philly fans lack in knowledge, they make up for in passion (read: alcohol consumption). Most of the chirping I got here was all in good fun, which is fine by me. It helped that any time someone got mad I could just yell "Doc Halladay!" and we'd instantly be best friends. The women were actually way more angry than the men, although if you looked like they did you'd be angry too.

I find that in the US since hockey's more of a niche sport with a blood-and-guts image, a tougher crowd goes out to the games. I wish these types would replace the suits in the ACC.

I'm going to Boston to see the Leafs in December, so I'm excited to take a piss then.

I'm going to Boston to see the Leafs in December, so I'm excited to take a piss then.

The thread should end with this quote.

types the guy who posted after that quote. I don't always use logic, but, when I do, I prefer horribly flawed logic.

types the guy who posted after that quote. I don't always use logic, but, when I do, I prefer horribly flawed logic.

Was it a quote until he quoted it? ;)

YOU JUST GOT OWNED

Pittsburgh has the worst fans. I used to have two in my room, as soon as I got the second one, the motor quit running, and the one I have left...it doesn't cool me off half as good as the old one.

• 1 month later...

what about their whole packages?

is their heir's hair there or are they where they were when they were where they're? I'm only halfway to everywhere.

also new york rangers. their fans arent dicks their just completely stupid.

Yeah well I only bin to one NHL game in my life. And it was Rangers vs Pittsburgh. I'm from sweden so i'm kinda neutral in this but I must say the rangers had some really stupid fans. There where like 20 guys who yelled at thier own player during the whole game. Thats just stupid and the guy they chanted and cursed at, he even scored but they didn't give a f**k. But then again I was sitting next to a really good looking Rangers-fan-girl and she was really nice and sweet so i'd say Rangers fans where kinda stupid, but there are good rangers fans to.

Never noticed the Pittsburgh fans thought, I think they had a low profile in the garden.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a entire paper for my english class on why we are not, so argue with me and I will give you information that you will not be able to compete with.

but you can't compete with "they booed santa claus." it just can't be done.

what makes a 'bad fan' in this thread, anyway?

I wrote a entire paper for my english class on why we are not, so argue with me and I will give you information that you will not be able to compete with.

lol what the heck

Facts and figures cannot determine one's passion for the game. Sure, you can argue that so-and-so has X amount of fans showing up per game throughout an NHL regular season; however, that does not mean a large percentage of that city's population cares for that team or for that sport. Furthermore, not all fans go to games. While you can prove that a team has a following, passion is something that cannot be quantified or measured. A fan either has a passion for the game, or he does not.

I think Flyers fans are much better fans than many people give them credit for; however, the best/worst fans debates are always pointless because you either have a passion for the game, or you do not. Regardless of what team any of us have a passion for, we all share a passion for the game of hockey. The game will alwyas be bigger than any one team.

That was 50 years ago dude. When you get something relatively recent, then get back to me.

having signs that says french frogs when half of your best players come from quebec?