NHL'94 Forums

B playoffs, 1st Round Results

PRoBob38

Just do the same thing we've done all season, post the score(s) of the game(s) and the goal scorers and assists. Doesn't matter how you do it, you can do one post for each game, or one for the entire series, or anything in between. Just make sure the other coach confirms. Also, if anyone would like to record their games and post the videos, you certainly may do that.

Good luck to all!

I'm ready to make some Duck soup.

Haha. I'm sure there's a politically incorrect statement I could make about wiping out the Indians somewhere!!

Tell you what though, I personally think my final position is deceiving, cos I lost 14 of the first 16, but then won 3 of the last 6, 2 games against some of the top players in the league. We always play close games so although you're clear favourite i'm hoping to give you a good game. Certainly think i've got a shot of an upset!

Game 3 New Jersey @ Minnesota

Jersey 4 Minn. 3

Koivu 1g 2a

Brunette 1g

Cullen 1a

Barker 1a

Bouchard 1g

Parise 2a

Elias 1g 1a

Greene 1a

Zubrus 1g

Rolston 1g

Zajac 1g

Game 4 Jersey @ Minnesota

Jersey 3 Minn 2

Zanon 1a

Cullen 1g

Koivu 1g

Brunette 1a

Miettinen 1a

Talliner 1a

Parise 1g

Josefson 1g

Clarkson 1a

Elias 1g

Edited by Sicarius

NJ wins in 5. Sicarius to post other games. Very competitive series. NJ survives on a team effort vs. the dominance of Koivu - who scored 9 goals in 5 games!

Game 1 - Minn 5 @ NJ 3

Minn G: Koivu 3, Brunette, Miettinen

Minn A: Bouchard 3, Brunette 2, Koivu, Miettinen, Zanon

NJ G: Kovalchuk, Zajac, Tedenby

NJ A: Clarkson 2, Brodeur

Game 2 - Minn 3 @ NJ 6

Minn G: Koivu 2, Havlat

Minn A: Zidlicky, Cullen, Miettinen, Clutterbuc, Havlat, Backstrom

NJ G: Zajac 2, Tallinder, Parise, Kovalchuk

NJ A: Zajac, Tallinder, Parise, Salvadore

Game 5 - Minn 3 @ NJ 7

Minn G: Koivu 2, Brunette

Minn A: Miettinen, Backstrom, Bouchard

NJ G: Clarkson 3, Zajac 2, Parise, Kovalchuk

NJ A: Parise 2, Kovalchuk 2, Brodeur 2, White, Josefson

Game 3 New Jersey @ Minnesota

Jersey 4 Minn. 3

Koivu 1g 2a

Brunette 1g

Cullen 1a

Barker 1a

Bouchard 1g

Parise 2a

Elias 1g 1a

Greene 1a

Zubrus 1g

Rolston 1g

Zajac 1g

Game 4 Jersey @ Minnesota

Jersey 3 Minn 2

Zanon 1a

Cullen 1g

Koivu 1g

Brunette 1a

Miettinen 1a

Talliner 1a

Parise 1g

Josefson 1g

Clarkson 1a

Elias 1g

Confirmed

NJ wins in 5. Sicarius to post other games. Very competitive series. NJ survives on a team effort vs. the dominance of Koivu - who scored 9 goals in 5 games!

Game 1 - Minn 5 @ NJ 3

Minn G: Koivu 3, Brunette, Miettinen

Minn A: Bouchard 3, Brunette 2, Koivu, Miettinen, Zanon

NJ G: Kovalchuk, Zajac, Tedenby

NJ A: Clarkson 2, Brodeur

Game 2 - Minn 3 @ NJ 6

Minn G: Koivu 2, Havlat

Minn A: Zidlicky, Cullen, Miettinen, Clutterbuc, Havlat, Backstrom

NJ G: Zajac 2, Tallinder, Parise, Kovalchuk

NJ A: Zajac, Tallinder, Parise, Salvadore

Game 5 - Minn 3 @ NJ 7

Minn G: Koivu 2, Brunette

Minn A: Miettinen, Backstrom, Bouchard

NJ G: Clarkson 3, Zajac 2, Parise, Kovalchuk

NJ A: Parise 2, Kovalchuk 2, Brodeur 2, White, Josefson

Confirmed

I know you guys have put a ton of effort into this lg but will you attempt to improve from this? cause you wont get alot of vets joining and staying when u have to manual the stats,sure you got a few cause carse wants to implement his crooss creas and slapshots all over again from 4 years ago and dc and kingraph arer newbs to line changes and offsides and thinks its cool and vc is desperate to win anything but you missing 80 percent of the hardcore guys.your doing great with this but upgrade

We won't have to do manual stats next season it appears. We didn't intend to have to do that, but it worked out that way.

And thanks for telling us to attempt to improve. Otherwise we weren't going to....?

I know you guys have put a ton of effort into this lg but will you attempt to improve from this? cause you wont get alot of vets joining and staying when u have to manual the stats,sure you got a few cause carse wants to implement his crooss creas and slapshots all over again from 4 years ago and dc and kingraph arer newbs to line changes and offsides and thinks its cool and vc is desperate to win anything but you missing 80 percent of the hardcore guys.your doing great with this but upgrade

Judging by your "angry" posts that regularly greet everyone on a saturday morning I think you drink far too much Hokkee!

As ProBob said, the next season Halifax & the others have offered to integrate score and record keeping into the site, but this was a STARTUP LEAGUE!!!!! It's been a huge f**kin' success!!!! lol. Everyone who's completed with us has loved it. Don't understand why you need to be so negative to make your points. It's been an awesome first season. Why do 100% of the "hardcore" guys have to sign up to something for you to gain your approval? Why do things need your approval to be considered a success?!!!

You actually make some good points in some of your rants, but no one pays any attention to them because it's always done with that "I'm going to be negative about something others are so positive about" and "Noobs know nothing, Vets get the say on what's good and what's not" kind of attitude.

For what it's worth, you make some good points on things like the nhl94.com home page needing updating and a facelift. online.com needing to integrate the other leagues that are going on, Classic needing to be shorter to stop the dropouts a little. I'd also back the idea of a continuously rolling, year round "Exhibition League" to keep noobs entertained 'til a Classic place comes up, with a ladder table so you can see who No. 1 is, and where you rank etc...................but the community's not dead just 'cos you say it is!

Know what'll help 94 thrive? People having a positive attitude and putting the effort into promoting the community to others the way Halifax does so tirelessly. Supporting new leagues, sticking with it & saying to the Vets "Hey, these guys are doing a good job of this. Sign up & help them out there". Helping noobs out so they're competitive before a classic season starts instead of laughing on the forums about how you like to use San Jose to give them a chance.

I remember on the forum a post suggesting a "boot camp" to teach the secrets of the game to noobs, and one Vet said "I'm not showing anyone anything, I learnt those things myself through experience". Know what'll keep noobs around? Help them get better so they don't walk a week into the Classic 'cos they're getting destroyed every game! Play exhibitions against them, give them tips, pause games and say "Hey, you're not doing this and i'm taking advantage by doing this to you".

I may not have been here long but my attitude is this: Each and everyone of us has a responsibility to positively promote the game of NHL94, and to help the community to develop and thrive. On top of that, our responsibility to the game means we need to make sure that when we've all moved on in 20 years time or whatever there's a bunch of new young guys of like 18,19, 20 years old that have been picked up and are now taking the community, and the game forward. The game, and the community are not here to serve and entertain you, or anyone else. We're all here to serve the game and community.

That won't happen with annoying negative posts like this attempting to bring everyone down.

Congrats to Eggink, and congrats to Sicarius for an awesome rookie season here. You seriously don't know how good some of your results were, and you're only going to get better. Well done

GAME #1

ANA at CHI

2-10 CHI

Sharp 2g

Hossa 1g 1a

Towes 2g 2a

Kane 1g 1a

Seabs 1g 2a

Bolland 1g 1a

Frolik 1g

Bickell 1g

Hiller 2a

Lydman 1a

Selanne 1g

Koivu 1g

Game #2

ANA at CHI

2-7 CHI

sharp 2g 1a

bickell 2g 1a

pisani 1g

toews 1g 1a

frolik 1g 1a

campbell 2a

crawford 1a

hossa 1a

kopectky 1a

kane 1a

hiller 1a

perry 1g

getzlaf 1g

selanne 1a

ryan 1a

GAME #1

ANA at CHI

2-10 CHI

Sharp 2g

Hossa 1g 1a

Towes 2g 2a

Kane 1g 1a

Seabs 1g 2a

Bolland 1g 1a

Frolik 1g

Bickell 1g

Hiller 2a

Lydman 1a

Selanne 1g

Koivu 1g

Game #2

ANA at CHI

2-7 CHI

sharp 2g 1a

bickell 2g 1a

pisani 1g

toews 1g 1a

frolik 1g 1a

campbell 2a

crawford 1a

hossa 1a

kopectky 1a

kane 1a

hiller 1a

perry 1g

getzlaf 1g

selanne 1a

ryan 1a

Confirmed.

GAME 3: CHI @ ANA

5-3 ANAHEIM

ANA SCORERS:

Perry 3g

Koivi 2g

Ruutu 1a

Fowler 1a

Selanne 1a

Viznovsky 1a

CHI SCORERS:

Sharp 1g

Campbell 1g

Toews 1g

Keith 1a

Hossa 1a

Confirmed.

GAME 3: CHI @ ANA

5-3 ANAHEIM

ANA SCORERS:

Perry 3g

Koivi 2g

Ruutu 1a

Fowler 1a

Selanne 1a

Viznovsky 1a

CHI SCORERS:

Sharp 1g

Campbell 1g

Toews 1g

Keith 1a

Hossa 1a

confirmed

Perate Wins our first round series 4 games to 3. Good luck going forward Perate and congratulations to everyone on a great season. (games i hosted below)

Buffalo 8 - SJ 7 GAME 3

SAN JOSE GOALS CLOWE 2

MARLEAU 1

SETOGUCHI 1

MITCHELL 1

THORONTON 1

COUTURE 1

SAN JOSE ASSISTS HEATLEY 1

SETOGUCHI 1

THORONTON 1

WELLWOOD 1

BUFFALO GOALS GAUSTAD 2

GERBE 2

CONNOLLY 3

MANCARI 1

BUFFALO ASSISTS LEOPOLD 3

MONTADOR 2

VANEK 2

POMINVILLE 2

MANCARI 1

GAUSTAD 1

BUffalo 4 - San Jose 2 Game 4

San Jose Goals Couture 2

San Jose Assists Vlassic 1

Clowe 1

Buffalo goals Connolly 1 Stafford 1 Vanek 1 Hecht 1

Buffalo Assists Gragnani 1 Gaustad 1 Ennis 1

San Jose 3 - Buffalo 2 GAME 6

San Jose Goals: Clowe 2

Marleau 1

San Jose Assists Pavelski 1

Niemi 1

Vlassic 1

Buffalo Goals Vanek 1

Gaustad 1

Buffalo Assists Leopold 1

Gerbe 1

Morrison 1

Miller 1

CHICAGO @ ANAHEIM. GAMES 4 & 6

GAME 4: ANA 3 CHI 2

ANA SCORERS:

Viznovsky (Perry)

Sbisa

Ryan (Blake)

CHI SCORERS:

Cullimore (Crawford)

Sharp (Seabrook)

GAME 6: ANA 4 CHI 2

ANA SCORERS:

Perry (Not on the screen I took, but i'm sure he got my first)

Selanne (Viznovsky)

Getzlaf (Beauchemin, Visnovzky)

Ryan (Blake, Koivu)

CHI SCORERS:

Hossa

Bickell (Frolik)

The Key-Board Coach Classic 2011

Game 1 Vancouver 5 Pittsburgh 6 OT

Vancouver

G Burrows, D. Sedin, Samuelsson, Hodgoson, Lapierre

A: Hamuis, Salo, Torres, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, H. Sedin, D. Sedin

Pittsburgh

G: Neal (2), Michaelek(OT GWG), Kunitz, Kennedy, Crosby

A: Kennedy, Kovalev, Crosby, Michalek, Staal, Neal, Fluery, Orpik

Game 2 Vancouver 3 Pittsburgh 1

Stats

Vancouver

VAN G: Kesler, H. Sedin, Higgins

VAN A: Samuelsson, Luongo, D. Sedin

Pittsburgh

PIT G: Kunitz

Game 3: Pittsburgh 3 Vancouver 7

Van Goals

d. sedin (2), h. sedin (2), kesler, edler, Samuelsson

Van Assists

luongo (3), ehroff (2), h. sedin (2), bieksa, Higgins, d. sedin, Samuelsson

Pit Goals

Talbot, adams, kovalev

Pits Assists

michalek, lovejoy, dupuis, staal, cooke

Game 4: Pittsburgh 5 OT Vancouver 4

Pit Goals

Crosby (2), Kunitz, Neal, Letang

Pit Assists

Fleury (2), Orpik (2), Kennedy (2), Staal, Kunitz, Kovalev

Van Goals

Ehroff, D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Hodgson

Van Assists

Burrows, Kesler, Hansen

Game 5: Van 6 OT Pit 5

Van Goals

Samuelsson (2), Kesler, Salo, D. Sedin, Raymon

As

Luongo (3), Bieksa, Ehroff, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Samuelsson, Kesler

Pit Ginos

Kovalev (2), Orpik, Kunitz, Kennedy

As

Kovalev, Kunitz, Orpik

Game 6: Van 3 Pit 2

Van Goals

Kesler (2), Ehroff

As

d. Sedin (2), Samuelsson (2)

Gs

Kovalev, Crosby

As

Michalek, Neal, Kovalev

Great series - game one was an absolute intense game that was trading goals back and forth that was ended by a Michalek slapshot to give Pit the 1-0 series lead on the road. Vancouver came strong in game 2 taking a quick lead, heading into the 2nd tied 1-1 D. Sedin broke free and deked Fleury to give the Nucks the lead and the deal was sealed in the 3rd 3-1 to tie up the series. Vancouver continued their momentum in game 3, the first half of the game was high scoring and fast paced but the Sedin Sisters and Kesler were able to run away with the game 7-3 and a 2-1 series lead. Game 4 Syd the Kid was the home town hero, leading his team through another tight back and fourth battle scoring the OT winner for to take the series back to Vancouver 2-2. Vancouver was caught flat earlier in game 5 as Pittsburgh jumped to a 4-1 lead early in the 2nd, Vancouver rallied behind Kesler again to bring it back to 4-3 before the end of the period. Pittsburgh jumped up 5-3 in the 3rd, but Vancouver was able to tie things up late in the third to head to Overtime. In OT, on a truely bizarre play, Orpik and Samuelsson were racing for an icing call when Samuelsson checks Orpik into the boards early, taking the puck to the net for a quick shot to head home with a 3-2 series lead. Pittsburgh was flying in game 6 early, jumping out to a 1-0 lead forcing. Ehroff would tie things up and the Canucks would take the lead into the second. Heading into the third period with a 2-1 score Vancouver scored again to make it 3-1, Pittsburgh was able to get a late goal but dispite pulling Fleury their efforts resulted in a 4-2 series loss. Congrats to Coach Probob on a great season and a very hard fought series.

The Key-Board Coach Classic 2011

Game 1 Vancouver 5 Pittsburgh 6 OT

Vancouver

G Burrows, D. Sedin, Samuelsson, Hodgoson, Lapierre

A: Hamuis, Salo, Torres, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, H. Sedin, D. Sedin

Pittsburgh

G: Neal (2), Michaelek(OT GWG), Kunitz, Kennedy, Crosby

A: Kennedy, Kovalev, Crosby, Michalek, Staal, Neal, Fluery, Orpik

Game 2 Vancouver 3 Pittsburgh 1

Stats

Vancouver

VAN G: Kesler, H. Sedin, Higgins

VAN A: Samuelsson, Luongo, D. Sedin

Pittsburgh

PIT G: Kunitz

Game 3: Pittsburgh 3 Vancouver 7

Van Goals

d. sedin (2), h. sedin (2), kesler, edler, Samuelsson

Van Assists

luongo (3), ehroff (2), h. sedin (2), bieksa, Higgins, d. sedin, Samuelsson

Pit Goals

Talbot, adams, kovalev

Pits Assists

michalek, lovejoy, dupuis, staal, cooke

Game 4: Pittsburgh 5 OT Vancouver 4

Pit Goals

Crosby (2), Kunitz, Neal, Letang

Pit Assists

Fleury (2), Orpik (2), Kennedy (2), Staal, Kunitz, Kovalev

Van Goals

Ehroff, D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Hodgson

Van Assists

Burrows, Kesler, Hansen

Game 5: Van 6 OT Pit 5

Van Goals

Samuelsson (2), Kesler, Salo, D. Sedin, Raymon

As

Luongo (3), Bieksa, Ehroff, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Samuelsson, Kesler

Pit Ginos

Kovalev (2), Orpik, Kunitz, Kennedy

As

Kovalev, Kunitz, Orpik

Game 6: Van 3 Pit 2

Van Goals

Kesler (2), Ehroff

As

d. Sedin (2), Samuelsson (2)

Gs

Kovalev, Crosby

As

Michalek, Neal, Kovalev

Great series - game one was an absolute intense game that was trading goals back and forth that was ended by a Michalek slapshot to give Pit the 1-0 series lead on the road. Vancouver came strong in game 2 taking a quick lead, heading into the 2nd tied 1-1 D. Sedin broke free and deked Fleury to give the Nucks the lead and the deal was sealed in the 3rd 3-1 to tie up the series. Vancouver continued their momentum in game 3, the first half of the game was high scoring and fast paced but the Sedin Sisters and Kesler were able to run away with the game 7-3 and a 2-1 series lead. Game 4 Syd the Kid was the home town hero, leading his team through another tight back and fourth battle scoring the OT winner for to take the series back to Vancouver 2-2. Vancouver was caught flat earlier in game 5 as Pittsburgh jumped to a 4-1 lead early in the 2nd, Vancouver rallied behind Kesler again to bring it back to 4-3 before the end of the period. Pittsburgh jumped up 5-3 in the 3rd, but Vancouver was able to tie things up late in the third to head to Overtime. In OT, on a truely bizarre play, Orpik and Samuelsson were racing for an icing call when Samuelsson checks Orpik into the boards early, taking the puck to the net for a quick shot to head home with a 3-2 series lead. Pittsburgh was flying in game 6 early, jumping out to a 1-0 lead forcing. Ehroff would tie things up and the Canucks would take the lead into the second. Heading into the third period with a 2-1 score Vancouver scored again to make it 3-1, Pittsburgh was able to get a late goal but dispite pulling Fleury their efforts resulted in a 4-2 series loss. Congrats to Coach Probob on a great season and a very hard fought series.

Confirmed. It was a great series, tough loss for me but the fact that I was even in position to set-up a tough loss is an improvement for me. Anyway, I had a lot of fun playing in this league. Hope everybody who's been knocked out has enjoyed it as well, and those who still have games to play, good luck. I've recorded the 6th and deciding game of this series. If/when I figure out how to get that posted, I will do so.

Congrats to coach Kupuck. Keyboard Classic all-time playoff record: 4-2 Kupuck leads.

CHICAGO @ ANAHEIM. GAME 4

GAME 4: ANA 3 CHI 2

ANA SCORERS:

Viznovsky (Perry)

Sbisa

Ryan (Blake)

CHI SCORERS:

Cullimore (Crawford)

Sharp (Seabrook)

confirmed

Edited by Comeback_King

CHICAGO @ ANAHEIM. GAME 6

GAME 6: ANA 4 CHI 2

ANA SCORERS:

Perry (Not on the screen I took, but i'm sure he got my first)

Selanne (Viznovsky)

Getzlaf (Beauchemin, Visnovzky)

Ryan (Blake, Koivu)

CHI SCORERS:

Hossa

Bickell (Frolik)

confirmed

GAME #7

ANA at CHI

5-6 CHI

cambpell 2g 1a

sharp 1g

toews 1g

bickell 1g 1a

hossa 1g

brower 1a

frolik 1a

selanne 2g 1a

perry 1g 1a

koivu 1g

getzlaf 1g

beauchemein 2a

hiller 1a

ryan 1a

Another great series that came down to the wire. Anaheim just ran out of time in the 3rd after coming back from a 4 goal deficit.

Edited by Comeback_King