NHL'94 Forums

GENS 2011 PLAYOFFS - VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

LA Robbie

Hi All,

Hope this doesn't piss people off too much, but AJ contacted me last night to say that he does intend to play in the "B" playoffs.

Therefore, Montreal will also be reinstated to the "B" playoffs to have 8 teams, and the "Toilet Bowl" series between San Jose (Cory Gibson) and Anaheim (LA Robbie) is also back on.

I am going to post the new "B" playoff matchups shortly.

Thanks for your understanding. As AJ got back to me (although a little late) I thought it better to have all the teams finish their seasons. Had to take a decision and didn't want to exclude anyone that wanted to play.

"Its not as much me as it is the competition, I'm that good" that can be AJ's new signature since he basically just asked for the B tournament championship title

AJ - I'm pretty surprised you would find it fun to play in a tournament with "B" caliber players, you have won classic/GDL/Blitz...its not like you tried your hardest to finish all your games and make the A tournament and you're upset because the admins stepped up and did what was right?

Edited by kupuck19

Let's attempt a compromise (from somebody who was against the change to begin with):

We go to the original format, no "Toilet Bowl," no MTL or DAL. We play out the A and B playoffs as normal. After that, AJ plays a best of 7 against the winner of the B league. Winner of that series plays a best of 7 against the A winner. Winner of that series is the True Champion of the GENS 2011 League.

Thoughts?

What does AJ have to say about all this? We had a deadline, then an extended deadline. We all know how many games we have left to play. Just curious what the story is. s**t happens I know. I think it's fair to everyone to hear his side of the story. Sounds like some guys are not too hot about this. Personally, I don't care either way. I don't know enough to comment on Probob's idea, but it does sound good to me.

Let's attempt a compromise (from somebody who was against the change to begin with):

We go to the original format, no "Toilet Bowl," no MTL or DAL. We play out the A and B playoffs as normal. After that, AJ plays a best of 7 against the winner of the B league. Winner of that series plays a best of 7 against the A winner. Winner of that series is the True Champion of the GENS 2011 League.

Thoughts?

I am happy to do this if everyone else is. We talked about this before even finishing the regular season. ProBob did anticipate that some people would be annoyed by changing things a day after the original schedule was made. I was a bit hasty and just thought "Great, everyone's in, the way it was originally planned", but I totally get the other point of view.

I sent AJ a message this morning proposing this idea. We'll see what he says.

Any other comments are welcome

That idea just seems the most fair to me. AJ is given a chance to win a championship without ruining (I meant that in a complimentary way, really) a tournament that was anybody's for the taking.

That idea just seems the most fair to me. AJ is given a chance to win a championship without ruining (I meant that in a complimentary way, really) a tournament that was anybody's for the taking.

The more I think about it the more I agree. Apologies to everyone for being so hasty! lol. Especially ProBob for not consulting him first. Like I said, I just thought "Ah great, we have everyone back in again!"

I think this makes more sense in terms of everyone being competitive and at their right level, but obviously we just need confirmation from AJ first.

so AJ has to win 1 series vs someone from the "B" bracket to get a crack at the league championship? I don't see how that makes sense when the guy played like 3 games in this league. I don't want to speak for AJ, but I don't think he would be devastated if he was left out of the playoffs, he barely played any games in this league and only joined like 2 weeks ago.

I really wish AJ would have been able to play his games and made the A bracket to avoid this whole mess, as it would have been nice to add someone w AJs talent to the mix. With the situation as it is, I think the original ruling is in the best interest of everybody involved.

so AJ has to win 1 series vs someone from the "B" bracket to get a crack at the league championship? I don't see how that makes sense when the guy played like 3 games in this league. I don't want to speak for AJ, but I don't think he would be devastated if he was left out of the playoffs, he barely played any games in this league and only joined like 2 weeks ago.

I really wish AJ would have been able to play his games and made the A bracket to avoid this whole mess, as it would have been nice to add someone w AJs talent to the mix. With the situation as it is, I think the original ruling is in the best interest of everybody involved.

Well, hopefully he'll be online sometime in the near future so we can talk to him and we'll go from there.

I have to agree with Carse on this, there is no reason to change from the original plan. There is no need to cater to AJ since he was a spectator for most of a season (this is not a knock on AJ either). I would prefer to get this done in a couple weeks.

Edited by dcicon5148