NHL'94 Forums

Like Tecmo Tool

I have been editing Tecmo Super Bowl ROMS using Tecmo Tool. All it does is change names, numbers, player skin color and ratings. but all you have to do is type no computer codes to input or understand. You just load a ROM and go. Is there anything like that for NHLPA 93? Oh and Tecmo Tool will also alter the schedule so i guess it would be nice to change what Ron Barr says in 93 and the playoff match-ups.

NOSE let's you do this in a very slick GUI

make sure you install the support files. the .ocx file goes in C:\windows\system32 (or equivalent).

It works for the Sega NHL ROMS from I think 91-97, something like that.

You can change the playoff matchups, but not the Ron Barr text. To change the Ron Barr text, get a hex editor and experiment.

Thank you so much this is awesome! I have been editing every night. NOSE is awesome. I have made an NHLPA 1983 game and an NHLPA 1973 game. The 83 game works perfectly. I subbed in the USA 80 and USSR 80 and my Beer League team for the 3 missing teams and I made playoff match-ups where you can play each team in your division.

THE PROBLEM I am having is with the 73 game. I made Calgary into Atlanta and Hartford into California. I didn't mess with the other teams. I radically altered the Playoff match-ups but I did give every team a game even the ones I am not using.

On the Playoff match-up screens at certain match-ups the ROM freezes. On others it works fine and you can start.

WHY?

Thanks in advance for any help. And Puckhead I used the ROM you have posted on the 93 site as my starting point.