NHL'94 Forums

Types of tournaments and leagues

My friends and I are looking into revamping our NHL '94 league system in order to create more intense gameplay and more clutch games.

Currently we use the rank system where the person in 1st place must be challenged by someone in 2nd and lose two straight games to them to be over taken. When there are more players, they simply have to challenge the position ahead of them and slowly work their way up to first place. The only problem I find with this is that the same players usually end up playing each other over and over which takes away from the intensity.

Of course there are other ways such as creating a full on season that involves playoffs or just having smaller tournaments. I'm wondering what most of the acclaimed NHL '94 leagues use and what is the most widely accepted system?

-Cheez aka fuhsta

Also, I sometimes take the final results from the leagues and create IIHF-style rankings:

Blitz

Classic

GDL

but I like that idea of needing to beat someone twice in a row.. (or it could be a best-of-5 or something). just need some kind of rule like you have to play 2 different people before playing the same guy again