NHL'94 Forums

Best player on 94?

Hey you guys ... There is a lot of disagreement over the top player. I'm going to catalogue the responses to get a consensus. Before I do lets add one more category.... Who is the player that you can do the most spectacular plays with? This will will be a tough choice for me. Either Stephan Le Beau or Wendel Clark, hmmmm lets see Wendel can check a defenseman and shoot and score all in one motion..... but Lebeau makes impossible shots; double shoots when your stick is being held, and he can intercept clearing passes from the goalie and score in one motion, jeez I don't know Spectacular offense is what I love the most about '94. OK,OK Its Lebeau we once got 36 shots with him in one game. That's it MOST SPECTACULAR PLAYER is Le Beau!!

Lebeau is a good choice, but I wpould have to say ALEXANDRE MOGILNY!! he scores uncanny goals from anywhere (long shots, wrist shot outside the faceoff circle). I even think Jeremy Roenick and Pavel Bure deserve consideration. They socre unbelievable goals! Mogilny though can score on anyone at any time because of his speed and agility.

Hey you guys ... There is a lot of disagreement over the top player.  I'm going to catalogue the responses to get a consensus.  Before I do lets add one more category.... Who is the player that you can do the most spectacular plays with?  This will will be a tough choice for me.  Either Stephan Le Beau or Wendel Clark, hmmmm lets see Wendel can check a defenseman and shoot and score all in one motion..... but Lebeau makes impossible shots; double shoots when your stick is being held, and he can intercept clearing passes from the goalie and score in one motion, jeez I don't know Spectacular offense is what I love the most about '94.  OK,OK Its Lebeau we once got 36 shots with him in one game.  That's it MOST SPECTACULAR PLAYER is Le Beau!!

Lebeau is a good choice, but I wpould have to say ALEXANDRE MOGILNY!!  he scores uncanny goals from anywhere (long shots, wrist shot outside the faceoff circle).  I even think Jeremy Roenick and Pavel Bure deserve consideration. They socre unbelievable goals!  Mogilny though can score on anyone at any time because of his speed and agility.

soccer1 you have made a really good choice for most spectacular player with Mogilny. I don't like him because he doesn't show up everday to play yes in a preprogrammed cyberworld he can still be a slacker, and i think it is easy to check him despite his blazing speed... but he sure has his moments Good Pick!

• 2 months later...
wow I tried using Eklund, and I was impressed!  not too fast, but quick with great stickhandling.  A hidden gem, as was gord hynes.  although I must admit its hard putting lindros on the bench when he's an 83 overall.

Best C: Roenick - He's Electric

Best W: Fleury (possibly the most agile and best checker. By far the best one on one with the goalie.

Best D: Depends on what you want. Sweeny is a monster checker; Svaboda is intercepts any pass anywhere NEAR him; Housley is basically another FW; Eric Desjardins and Mathieu Schneider always stay at home play awesome together; and Curt Giles on ST. Louis is as scrappy as they come; and Bourque's shot is awesome.

Best G: Roy, obviously

Most overrated: Probably Lindros or Messier. Completely worthless to me. Cam Neely is also tough to do anything with 'cause he can't take a hit.

Hey you guys ... There is a lot of disagreement over the top player.  I'm going to catalogue the responses to get a consensus.  Before I do lets add one more category.... Who is the player that you can do the most spectacular plays with?  This will will be a tough choice for me.  Either Stephan Le Beau or Wendel Clark, hmmmm lets see Wendel can check a defenseman and shoot and score all in one motion..... but Lebeau makes impossible shots; double shoots when your stick is being held, and he can intercept clearing passes from the goalie and score in one motion, jeez I don't know Spectacular offense is what I love the most about '94.  OK,OK Its Lebeau we once got 36 shots with him in one game.  That's it MOST SPECTACULAR PLAYER is Le Beau!!

If I had ONE pick, for someone who could do EVERYTHINGl, it'd be Roenick.

Curious to know who people think is the best overall player in the game, and by best overall I mean who you would take to build your team around.  Me, I would take Roenick, he is sick in this game.  Probably Yzerman after Roenick, and then Mogilny... but Mogilny is a bit of a softie!

I dont know because I do my most score whit differents poeples like

Robert reichel, Ted Donato, Christian RuutuAnd of corse Mario Lemieux.

Clearly Roenick is the favorite to be the MVP in our favorite game! its hard to argue with the consensus so lets crown Jeremy best player in NHL'94.... Runner-up is alex Mogilny an enigma but fabulous scorer. Third is the quiet defenseman- Don Sweeney- Then Roy, followed by a cast of hundreds like Bourque, Lafontaine, MacSorley, LeMieux, and finally Gilmour. So who has the outrageous stats to prove their point What is the most points ever scored by Roenick or the others in one game? Please post it so we can all see it! I've never gone off the charts with Roenick statistically...Whatttaya got?

• 1 month later...

Sifty27@thevictoryyear.com

Hey every1 Im new to the sight and my buddy was sending in some of my pics... Im tough at 94 and I think my favorite player is JR on sega... I was curious who you guys like as a single player... who you think is the best please post back.. thanks

Also my aol is sifty27 and I have myspace which is www.myspace.com/sifty27

talk to me guys... see ya.

I merged these 2 topics since they were the same, thanks Red for pointing this out.

Stephane Lebeau, Pelle Eklund, and Robert Kron are a few names that come to mind for the Genesis version.

:D

Lebeau is ridiculously tough on that game...id have to agree on that note...but i don't know if id say he's better than bure...roenick...mogilny...sweeney...savard...and cujo

lebeau is a solid man on the game, a key to winning for montreal. CuJo is the best goalie on that game. He has insane stats on a man made season that is being played head to head with great competition. Roenick, Bure, Mogilny, and Sweeney are among others... I think... I will give robert Kron a try though since hartford is 1 of my teams in the season. Sanderson is so tough for them.

Woh woh woh.....guys...I cant believe nobody has mentioned my man Petr Klima!! His speed and agility are off the hook, and his slapshot is powerful AND accurate. Also, when you're using Edmonton make sure you sub off either Weight or Corson for Simpson because his shot is sweet too.

Killer forum!

hey soccer1... Roenick and Belfour own Gilmour and Potvin... Ill take that anyday and win. Hitting and speed is huge and Roenick does both. He is simply the best player on that game being that I am doing the full 94-95 schedule against 1 of the best players in the world head to head, yeah we play every game with every team and Roenick has 130 goals and a few games left, no1 else is event hat close besides Mogilny with 100 and Lemieux and Sundin are up there. If Chicagos supporting cast is on their game, they cant lose. - Sifty

hey Klima 85... you are right my buddy has edmonton in the season and klima plays center for him the guy is tough to handle, hes quick and shoots well... 1 of the faster players on the game, Ill mention simpson to him, or shouldnt I if he will woop up on me haha... - Sifty

Pelle Eklund is the one of the best kept secrets on the game.  I use him at center and lowly Gord Hynes on D.  Hynes can check like a mother.

a little late but I could not agree more. I score more with my second line (Eklund/Dineen)! And he was also mentioned before but I have to also concur with anyone who puts "Uncle" Phil Housley up there at the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I dont know because I do my most score whit differents poeples like

Robert reichel ...

Thank you for mentioning Reichel! He could be the best kept secret on the game. I put him in at center and he somehow always leads my team in goals and assists. He just makes plays. And he seems to be one of the hardest players to check. There's something about him that's just perfect at center. I think he has the right combination of stickhandling, agility, and great passing -- without being too fast so that he's hard to control. Also, his shot isn't super hard but it gets the job done.

Another sleeper is Valeri Kamensky on Quebec. I think that he might have the best slap shot in the game. He's a righty and I start him at left wing so I can come across and take huge slap shots. He might have the best combination of shot power and shot accuracy with enough speed to get the job done. Quebec is definately a tough team if you use them right because they can all just flat out shoot.

as my name suggests, i am a huge advocate of pat verbeek. the cornerstone of a plucky, over-achieving hartford squad, his shot accuracy is invaluable at centre and he always seems to step up in crunch time. his speed and agility are adequate, he is very durable and i find he is one of one of the best finishers of one timers. he may not be in the absolute upper echelon of players, but i feel he is easily one of the most under rated and slept on.

does anyone else love this man as much as i do?

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the deadliest player in NHL 94 would have to be Mike Gartner. He is faster than a mother and his shots are fast and accurate. Agility is also unmatched.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best SNES playes:

1) Mario (hands down....I cant believe more dont think so....so tough, so skilled, great reach

2) Muller

3)Ysterman

4) Ronick

5) Oates

6)Bourque

Underated D men

Jeff Brown

Gord Murphy

Washigton's D core

Al Macinnis

Overrated

Pierre Turgeon

J. Jagr

Steve Larmer

Wayne Gretzky (whats up with him!!!! so weak)

• 1 month later...

I disagree, although I love Mogilny, I play Buffalo and of course Chicago avidly. Roenick is the Tank Commander, compared to Mogilny. I've seen what good players can do with Robitaille, which far and away exceeds courtnall (who in my opinion has only speed over Luc).

Ok people, best player by far is mogilny, by far. He is unstoppable anywhere in the offensive zone.

best

RW: Mogilny

C: Roenick

LW: robitille for rating, but i prefer courtnal from van

D: Borque

D: Housley

G: defenatly ROY!

This is for the sega genesis version

If lemieux weren't so easy to knock down hed be #1 but he is slow and easy to hit

Sweeney is the best hitter I ahve found, even though Borque is rated higher in checking. also a Jem is Smelick on Buff, 67chk.

left wing is a big weakness in this game. Anderchuck/ sacik are too easily knocked down,

Sanderson and gagner and damphousse are good, joe murphy is ok, there really isnt a stand out left winger in the game, keving stevens and fedorov are ok