NHL'94 Forums

New Jets Logo

halifax

boo.

should have used the avro arrow!

but, yeah, count me among the "boo"s. It's a very cold logo. Could have been good, but this needs work. Would make a nice shoulder patch, but not a main logo.

That's awful.

It looks like a military sign. WTF.

Seems like every other game on TV has some military ceremony at the start, I guess they're tapping into that.

*Sigh* I liked the older logo and the 90s one. I just hope the uniforms will be there as throwbacks.

Come to think of it, what does the new uniform look like?

Not awful but had potential to be better than being as mediocre as this... At least they kept the blue, red and white color scheme.. I bet the jerseys will remind me of a crappy NFL expansion team like the Buffalo Sabres jerseys did a few years ago.

The wings with the crossed sticks looks the best. That needs to be in the centre of the jersey really. I could see that working once you get used to it

I don't mind the logo, it does remind me of air canada a bit as zalex already point out.

those other ones aren't any better. seriously not cool. I understand if they can't use the old registered trademarks because this isn't technically the same team, but EVERY effort should have been made to purchase those logos they were using in the final days of the last team they had. pretty serious fail, here. not cute, at all.

Some other designs I saw around.

Quite a few with a jet over a maple leaf, but not as overtly Air Canada/Royal Canadian Air Force -ish

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas-110616_redesigning_thrashers_jerseys&sportCat=nhl

1. Looks like a tooth-paste brand logo

2. Flying phallus. NO.

3. Manitoba Falcons.. very very cool. Red/Blue/Gold colours with native style art logo.

4. Polar bears?

5. interesting idea changing "thrashers" to (wheat) "threshers" to go along with the Brandon

6. stole the red wings' wings.

Here's a whole whackload:

http://www.puckdrawn.com/photos/winnipeg_contest/

they chose this one as the winner, but it violates my "no swoops" rule, like the new sharks logo. Also, it teal. We already have a teal team, and 1 is more than enough.

http://www.puckdrawn.com/puckdrawn/2011/06/winner-of-the-winnipeg-logo-and-jersey-contest-is.html

Here's one where they used the Avro Arrow:

http://www.puckdrawn.com/photos/winnipeg_contest/winnipegjets_chootoi.html

This one is kinda neat, with a jet creating the shape of each part of the leaf:

6a01157061294d970b015432d2e501970c-500wi.png

Here's the Falcons concept uniform, #3 from my previous post. The Winnipeg Falcons were the team that represented Canada in the 1920 Olympics, winning the first ever Ice Hockey gold medal.

5829764966_f553892603_o.png

6a01157061294d970b015432d2e501970c-500wi.png

that one is much, much, much, much, much better. three attacking forwards come to mind. leaves out the three defenders, but you can't win with defense alone... not often, at least, as how many opponents are going to score on themselves for you? maybe the fumes represent... I'm trying too hard, but I really do like that one the best out of what I've seen.

Edited by trudatman