NHL'94 Forums

GENS 2011 LEAGUE - SEASON 1 CLOSING CEREMONY

LA Robbie

Well Gentlemen,

That's it. Season 1 of the GENS 2011 LEAGUE is officially over. The finals series have been played and all that's left to do is close this thing up.

Before we hand out the imaginary trophies, I want to again just pay respect to the really important people that made this league happen - Firstly Clockwise for having the vision, imagination, motivation, desire and just plain passion to create this 2011 rom. It's a work of art, and the love & dedication to it can be seen and felt every time you play it. As a newcomer to the site, and not having had any knowledge that there were hacks and mods out there, I was just absolutely blown away when I first loaded it up, and from day 1 just wanted someone to organise a league so I could play in it........had no idea that person would have to be me! lol. Thank you for making this league possible Clockwise. You truly are a legend and we bow in your presence. lol

We also need to again acknowledge Smozoma's influence on this league. It was he that adjusted the checking ratings to give us a more balanced game, and also gave us the 5 minute OT clock we wanted specifically for this league. Again, we bow before you Smozoma. The games and the league would have been very different were it not for your expert understanding of the game and your editing knowledge to make the improvements to the rom.

I said it before, i'll say it again.............2012 ROM PLEASE CLOCKWISE!!!!! lol. Seriously. If you, or anyone else can take Smozoma's V2 rom and update it with 2012 rosters and accurate player ratings I think a lot of people are going to be very happy and excited about season 2! I for one have been having major withdrawal symptoms the past couple of weeks, and the thought of never taking my Ducks into a competitive league again is just too sad to contemplate!

Finally, big thanks to ProBob. Your help & support was huge. Your player stats may have been.......infrequent :P , but all this would have been too much for me alone. Thanks for everything, particularly your imput/advice during the "AJ situation". lol

I said finally, but I guess it wasn't finally really, because finally we should be thanking you guys, the players, because you're the ones that truly made the season work, and made it the incredible, exciting event that it was. The way you guys that completed with us got on board with the league, embraced it and gave it all your enthusiasm, commitment and energy gave the league validity, and confirmed it as an important title. If you hadn't all taken the attitude towards it that you did it wouldn't have been the same spectacle. THANK YOU ALL OF YOU!

OK. I've rambled enough. On with the presentations. I guess ProBob will have the individual player awards once he's had a chance to work through the playoff stats, but here are the team trophies:

EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Congratulations VOCALLY CAGED and his WASHINGTON CAPITOLS. Totally dominated the regular season, losing only 2 games, and finished with a perfect 10-0 record in his division, deservedly finishing as 1st seed in the "A" playoffs before falling at the semi-final stage.

CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Congratulations to KINGRAPH and the NEW YORK RANGERS. Beat a lot of top guys & confirmed himself as true "A" player by dominating the CENTRAL DIVISION and finishing as 3rd seed in the "A" playoffs.

WESTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Congratulations to DCICON and the BOSTON BRUINS. Was my bet for the overall title after he totally dominated the WESTERN DIVISION. Finished the regular season as both the league's top scorer, and, by a long way, had the meanest defence. An incredible season before falling in the semi-finals as the No.2 seed in the "A" playoffs.

GENS 2011 LEAGUE "B" PLAYOFFS RUNNER-UP

Congratulations to PEARATE and his BUFFALO SABRES. Unfortunate to miss out on a place in the "A" playoffs. The No.1 seed arguably gave us more thrills and spills than any other team through the playoffs, winning 7 game series in both the quarter-finals and semi-finals before finally falling in the final, in a series that could fast be becoming a rivalry for the ages!

GENS 2011 LEAGUE "B" PLAYOFFS CHAMPION

Congratulations to COMEBACK KING and the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS. What a rookie year this guy's had. After winning the GENS B CLASSIC in his debut season he now adds the GENS 2011 LEAGUE "B" title to his resume. As No.2 seed he came through a tough 7 game quarter-final series before dominating the semis and then the final, beating PEARATE in 5 games. A top up-and-coming player, and undoubtedly a worthy champion. Congratulations again COMEBACK KING!

GENS 2011 LEAGUE "A" PLAYOFFS RUNNER-UP

Congratulations to BOKNOWSNHL94 and his LA KINGS. He took over LA with a few games gone and had a superb season, finishing in second place in the WESTERN DIVISION, and qualifying for the "A" playoffs as the No.4 seed. An extremely impressive, and perhaps a little unexpected victory over No.2 seed DCICON and the BOSTON BRUINS in the semi-finals set him up for a brother vs brother final. He fell a little short of the final hurdle, but still a great season to be proud of for BO. Congratulations again.

and finally..........GENS 2011 LEAGUE SEASON 1 CHAMPION

Congratulations to CARSE and the TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING! What can you say? He's unquestionably the guy to beat right now. He truly earned this in every possible sense. Joining the league when Tampa Bay were bottom of the EASTERN DIVISION with a minus goal difference, 9 games to play and no guarantee of qualification for the "A" playoffs. After 5 games he'd moved them up to 2nd place in the standings and had a positive goal difference! He won his remaining 4 games to qualify for the "A" playoffs as 6th seed. He then swept KINGRAPH and the NY RANGERS in the quarter-finals, breaking KingRaphs own 11 game winning streak record in the process. The streak ended at 16 in the semi-finals, but Tampa still recorded an easy 4-1 win over No.1 seed VOCALLY CAGED and the WASHINGTON CAPITOLS in the semi-finals. A sweep of his brother BOKNOWSNHL94 and his LA KINGS in the final just confirms this guy's current domination of the GENS rom right now. A 21-1 record from 22 games is just unbelievable when you consider the quality we had in the league, and even the most bitter rival couldn't deny that Carse is the deserving inaugural champion of the GENS 2011 LEAGUE SEASON 1!!

Congratulations again Carse!

Thanks again to you all for your enthusiasm, commitment and passion for this league and this very special ROM. All the winners and losers played their part in making this a very special season, and I truly feel we achieved what my and ProBob's original aim was when we started this league - To give Clockwise's rom the platform it deserved, to see his masterpiece played competitively, and hopefully to see it enjoyed by a wider audience. Thank you for respecting the hours he clearly put into this by taking the league so seriously all of you who completed.

3 weeks in I was praying for this day to come, but now the end is here I truly am sad to see the league go. Our intention right now is to organise season 2 for this winter, after Classic finishes. Hopefully that'll be with an update of Smozoma's V2 rom, including 2012 rosters, and i'm sure I speak for ProBob when I say I hope you all have the desire to join us for it.

Once I have the "A" finals scores i'll post full playoff results together below, and also, feel free to post any comments/criticisms/advice for season 2 here in this thread.

Thanks again.

Edited by LA Robbie

Here are the complete results for each round of the "B" playoffs. If anyone would like the excell document with complete season results and final standings for each division please AIM me: gretzkyonacold

GENS 2011 "B" PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINAL SERIES

BUFFALO (PEARATE) (1)               VS       SAN JOSE (CORY GIBSON) (8)
GAME 1 @ BUFFALO       5-4 BUF
GAME 2 @ BUFFALO       5-4 SJ
GAME 3 @ SAN JOSE      8-7 BUF
GAME 4 @ SAN JOSE      4-2 BUF
GAME 5 @ BUFFALO       4-2 SJ
GAME 6 @ SAN JOSE      3-2 SJ
GAME 7 @ BUFFALO       9-4 BUF 
CHICAGO (COMEBACK KING) (2)         VS       LA ROBBIE(ANAHEIM) (7)
GAME 1 @ CHICAGO       10-2 CHI
GAME 2 @ CHICAGO       7-2 CHI
GAME 3 @ ANAHEIM       5-3 ANA
GAME 4 @ ANAHEIM       3-2 ANA
GAME 5 @ CHICAGO       4-3 CHI OTW
GAME 6 @ ANAHEIM       4-2 ANA
GAME 7 @ CHICAGO       6-5 CHI
NEW JERSEY (EGGINK) (3)             VS       MINNESOTA (SICARIUS) (6)
GAME 1 @ NEW JERSEY    5-3 MIN
GAME 2 @ NEW JERSEY    6-3 NJ
GAME 3 @ MINNESOTA     4-3 NJ
GAME 4 @ MINNESOTA     3-2 NJ
GAME 5 @ NEW JERSEY    7-3 NJ
VANCOUVER (KUPUCK) (4)              VS       PITTSBURGH (PROBOB) (5)
GAME 1 @ VANCOUVER     6-5 PIT OTW
GAME 2 @ VANCOUVER     3-1 VAN
GAME 3 @ PITTSBURGH    7-3 VAN
GAME 4 @ PITTSBURGH    5-4 PIT OTW
GAME 5 @ VANCOUVER     6-5 VAN OTW
GAME 6 @ PITTSBURGH    3-2 VAN

GENS 2011 "B" PLAYOFF SEMI-FINAL SERIES

BUFFALO (PEARATE) (1)             VS       VANCOUVER (KUPUCK) (4)
GAME 1 @ BUFFALO        7-5 BUF
GAME 2 @ BUFFALO        6-5 BUF
GAME 3 @ VANCOUVER      6-5 VAN OTW
GAME 4 @ VANCOUVER      4-3 VAN
GAME 5 @ BUFFALO        6-3 BUF
GAME 6 @ VANCOUVER      8-7 VAN
GAME 7 @ BUFFALO        10-5 BUF
CHICAGO (COMEBACK KING) (2)       VS       NEW JERSEY (EGGINK) (3)
GAME 1 @ CHICAGO        7-0 CHI
GAME 2 @ CHICAGO        6-2 CHI
GAME 3 @ NEW JERSEY     6-1 CHI
GAME 4 @ NEW JERSEY     5-3 CHI

GENS 2011 "B" PLAYOFFS FINAL SERIES

BUFFALO (PEARATE) (1)             VS       CHICAGO (COMEBACK KING) (2)
GAME 1 @ BUFFALO          6-5 CHI
GAME 2 @ BUFFALO          5-1 CHI
GAME 3 @ CHICAGO          4-1 CHI
GAME 4 @ CHICAGO          10-3 BUF
GAME 5 @ BUFFALO          8-6 CHI

Edited by LA Robbie

will final players stats ever be posted for us to see?

If you remember ProBob told us that he has the file for anyone to request. ProBob - Do you think you could do a "top 10 scorers", "top 10 assists" and a "top 10 points" table for everyone?

He's on vacation right now, so hopefully when he gets back

Yeah I can do a top 10 list. Kupuck- All regular season stats are available by request. I'll be home Thursday night, so probably Friday I'll be able to send it to you. I'll also try to get playoff stats done ASAP, so we can officially close the door on this season. Thanks to everyone for playing and making this season a success and making our lives a little bit easier :-). A couple people to add to the thank you's list: vocally caged, who helped me out with player stats tremendously when I was overwhelmed trying to get them done. lol. And also, thanks to dcicon for also helping out with player stats. Lastly, thanks to all who took over teams midseason due to coaches who couldn't fulfill the requests we had. You greatly helped prevent this league's door from being kicked down. Ok I think I'm out of things to say. Thanks again all!

Now that's dedication.

Gives those boys a hand.

Yeah no kidding man,I have never seen anybody put this much effort into a lg with no site.Also give a hand to the coaches who stuck it out and manually put up the stats of every game.I know alot of us are too lazy to do this for a whole season.ALSO if someone does a new rom,limit the fatigue some more cause its just too fn slow.

GENS 2011 "A" PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINAL SERIES

WASHINGTON (VOCALLY CAGED) (1)      VS       EDMONTON (HOULY) (8)
GAME 1 @ WASHINGTON     4-2 EDM
GAME 2 @ WASHINGTON     3-2 WAS
GAME 3 @ EDMONTON       5-4 WAS OTW
GAME 4 @ EDMONTON       4-3 WAS
GAME 5 @ WASHINGTON     9-1 WAS
BOSTON (DCICON) (2)                 VS       DETROIT (MAV) (7)
GAME 1 @ BOSTON         5-3 DET
GAME 2 @ BOSTON         6-1 BOS
GAME 3 @ DETROIT        5-2 BOS
GAME 4 @ DETROIT        3-0 BOS FORFEIT
GAME 5 @ BOSTON         3-0 BOS FORFEIT
NEW YORK RANGERS (KINGRAPH) (3)     VS       TAMPA BAY (CARSE) (6)
GAME 1 @ NEW YORK       8-2 TB
GAME 2 @ NEW YORK       8-0 TB
GAME 3 @ TAMPA BAY      8-3 TB
GAME 4 @ TAMPA BAY      5-4 TB
LOS ANGELES (BOKNOWSNHL94) (4)      VS       PHILADELPHIA (ORANGEBLACK) (5)
GAME 1 @ L.A.           5-1 LA
GAME 2 @ L.A.           3-2 LA OTW
GAME 3 @ PHILADELPHIA   4-1 LA 
GAME 4 @ PHILADELPHIA   6-0 LA

GENS 2011 "A" PLAYOFF SEMI-FINAL SERIES

WASHINGTON (VOCALLY CAGED) (1)      VS       TAMPA BAY (CARSE) (6)
GAME 1 @ WASHINGTON       6-2 TB
GAME 2 @ WASHINGTON       5-4 TB
GAME 3 @ TAMPA BAY        4-2 TB
GAME 4 @ TAMPA BAY        6-5 WAS
GAME 5 @ WASHINGTON       5-3 TB
BOSTON (DCICON) (2)                 VS       LOS ANGELES (BOKNOWSNHL94) (4)
GAME 1 @ BOSTON           4-3 BOS
GAME 2 @ BOSTON           6-2 BOS
GAME 3 @ LOS ANGELES      6-4 LA  
GAME 4 @ LOS ANGELES      5-2 BOS
GAME 5 @ BOSTON           7-5 LA
GAME 6 @ LOS ANGELES      4-3 LA
GAME 7 @ BOSTON           8-5 LA

GENS 2011 "A" PLAYOFFS FINAL SERIES

LOS ANGELES (BOKNOWSNHL94) (4)      VS       TAMPA BAY (CARSE) (6)
GAME 1 @ LOS ANGELES       8-3  TB
GAME 2 @ LOS ANGELES       12-4 TB   
GAME 3 @ TAMPA BAY         10-6 TB   
GAME 4 @ TAMPA BAY         8-6  TB