NHL'94 Forums

winning faceoffs with the goaltender

how often does the attempting team get burned by missing the center/puck/faceoff and then having no netminder? with multiple players, can you then select the goalie and take out a few more dudes on the way back to the crease? is there a benefit to timing it exactly rather than clearing the zone well before the faceoff? does it only work consistently when your bench is the closer one?

goaliefaceoff.png

canadiaeh.png

goaliefaceoffspear.png

goaliefaceofftrip.png

Edited by trudatman

I was using a working beta of next season's version of this: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12896-snes-2011-playoffs-rom/

you can run this risky play with any Ninety Flow. pull or replace the goalie at the right time (on faceoffs at that particular spot) and he often pushes your players around and/or shoves the opposing center away from the drop. it isn't always going to work out perfectly, but this image of St. Louis' goaltender grabbing a Sedin by the face was too cool to leave unposted.

Edited by trudatman

thank you for defining the difference between teasing and trolling. poking fun at folks and engaging in silly or serious conversation with any that respond is certainly less annoying to any supposed victim than what you have done here. requesting answers you do not actually care about is, for sure, trolling.

thank you for defining the difference between teasing and trolling. poking fun at folks and engaging in silly or serious conversation with any that respond is certainly less annoying to any supposed victim than what you have done here. requesting answers you do not actually care about is, for sure, trolling.

u are such a mofape its unbelievable... worse than wags :blink:

keep up those lame posts, attempting to psychoanalyze ppls attempts to humiliate u. They make u sound even more geh..

Edited by Sebe_The_Legend

well, I guess sounding GA or whatever the noisy crowd around here wants to squawk about is better than being humiliated by such transparent and weak attempts at dominance. you clowns have to know that lurkers, hackers, players and many in your core of leaguers think you tools are ridiculous and embarrassing. chasing away the only girl that contributes (in a meaningful way -- check your mirror) here sure didn't earn you tools the respect/popularity/celebrity/cool-kid status you monkey for. better y'all focus your tard energy at me than scare away another valued community member. we know who you are, but feel free to sign yourself to that moronic cause.

Edited by trudatman

well, I guess sounding GA or whatever the noisy crowd around here wants to squawk about is better than being humiliated by such transparent and weak attempts at dominance. you clowns have to know that lurkers, hackers, players and many in your core of leaguers think you tools are ridiculous and embarrassing. chasing away the only girl that contributes (in a meaningful way -- check your mirror) here sure didn't earn your clowns the respect/popularity/celebrity/cool-kid status you monkey for. better y'all focus your tard energy at me than scare away another valued community member. we know who you are, but feel free to sign yourself to that moronic cause.

you_mad.jpg

ISNT UR LOGIC GLITCH = FAIL

SNES = FAIL THEN

iLOL

more like an image posting fail. yours. also, your grasp of communicating in English is lacking. aside from that, the only value to be found in your post is in helping me see a typo in my post and/or knowing that you freely associate yourself with said buffoonery (at best). who is next in signing the doofus list?

more like an image posting fail. yours. also, your grasp of communicating in English is lacking. aside from that, the only value to be found in your post is in helping me see a typo in my post and/or knowing that you freely associate yourself with said buffoonery (at best). who is next in signing the doofus list?

Everyone hates you, just go away. SNES will always be 2nd place :lol: :lol:

plenty of room left, with which the rest may attest.

I see, but any trying is unnecessary with y'all in the adversarial roles. serious Ninety Flowing?

children! children! enough!

:rolleyes:

Quite frankly, this Snes vs. Gens crap is getting old too from both sides. Not only when remarks are made about why a certain version sucks but also when crap is started up for no reason because you don't like the guy based on a previous number of stupid posts he made, or don't like his views on your version of the game. He's merely sharing something from a hack he's worked on. In this topic, he didn't call out any of you as he may have before or begin by saying how much gens94 sucks. So your trolling is simply uncalled for. Way to ruin what could have been a contstructive topic.

You don't like what he posts or shares? Ignore it! As a generalization, you all should realize that even though he may or may not be a troll with saying why he thinks Gens sucks, you're just as big a troll for posting "SNES=Fail", "Mofape", "Snes will always be 2nd", "omgzors", "GA", etc....

Can't we co-exist and just get along?

Edited by Oilers442

who are you, comeback litte bro?

btw you're accusing us of trolling by backing up trutdman?? quessé ca tabarnaque

Edited by Zalex

Yes, I realize I'm making enemies of some of you by saying all of this.

Not making enemies, but an invitation to be "trolled"? Perhaps

edit - sry oilers, didnt meant to offend. misinterpreted sarcasm.

Edited by kupuck19

either way, it's a message the in crowd doesn't hear from the quieter users of this forum and site, but is quite common. the original topic is certainly nothing revolutionary nor important, but surely a point is illustrated through the threadjacking.

also, I was just reading this related essay on another message board: http://m.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jul/24/internet-anonymity-trolling-tim-adams?cat=technology&type=article

Fact is, I'm not backing anyone and I'm not trying to make enemies. If you read closely, I called out trudat as well by mentioning "whether or not he is a troll". I've seen tru's posts. I've seen what he's said. I think his arguments against the Gens version are baseless and flat out ridiculous at times. I certainly do not want any part of what he says and I certainly am not backing him in his anti-gens crusade whatsoever.

Does anyone honestly think that multiple users hi-jacking this thread and contributing toward turning it into a flame war is not trolling? I didn't accuse anyone to back trudat, I made accusations because of trolling and pointless arguing, plain and simple.

So kupuck, if you believe that my statement is an invitation to be trolled, you apparently condone any future trolling I may receive from you or anyone else? Well, that just proves my original point exactly. The intelligence of the internet community takes a further dive if trolling becomes acceptable or so called necessary in any situation, period.

Troll me if you must to allow yourself to sleep better at night, but the fact is that anyone who thinks specific people need to be trolled (so called "punished" i should say) for trying to make this forum a somewhat nicer and less hostile place is not doing this forum/community any favors for our current and possible future users who want to come here and have peaceful discussions about the game, hacks, strategies, etc...

Lastly, @RussianRocket - If sarcasm was not intended, which I'm assuming it wasn't.... Thanks :)

Edited by Oilers442

One question tough.

If you're now in Tennessee and from Syracuse.

The Oilers?

Haha, maybe not for long since the Jets are coming back.

Basically, when it comes to sports teams in the last 10 years, I'm always going against the grain in terms of who I root for. Something about rooting for the local teams in the area I live in has just never appealed to me. And it always seems to be the first team I see when I pick up on watching a sport becomes the main team I root for

So when I started watching the NHL full time in 2009, the Oilers were the first team I saw. Hence, my favorite right now. However, when I was about 4 yrs old in 1994 and I was playing NHL 94, I LOVED using the Winnipeg Jets. I saw them once or twice on tv as well so I've always had something of a deep connection with the Jets and as I grew older, I always hoped that maybe they would come back someday so I could see them again. Now that my hopes are about to become reality, I'm pretty sure the Jets will be my favorite team come next season, and Edmonton will shift down to #2.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but I guess that's my reason (as lame as it might be :P) for the Oilers being my favorite at this time.

I realized one thing today.

When trudatman trolls, nothing happen because people are use to it and just ignore him.

When I do the same to Trudatman = Shitstorm.

Peace and Ga next time.

bttw i didnt insult u oilers

bttw i didnt insult u oilers

Ok man, I'll take your word for it. No disrespect intended man and I am sorry if I came off as an a$*hole towards you.

regardless of how you define my jabs at the Genesis bias when it comes to this game, I do it while contributing to the discussions at hand, most of the time, or at least in furtherance of a discussion, hopefully related. spammy threadjacking, bullying and sexual harassment don't quite compare favorably. the fact that each spas fails to grasp this isn't an string of individual surprises, but the collection is indicative of a thing.

So kupuck, if you believe that my statement is an invitation to be trolled, you apparently condone any future trolling I may receive from you or anyone else? Well, that just proves my original point exactly. The intelligence of the internet community takes a further dive if trolling becomes acceptable or so called necessary in any situation, period.

Not saying it's acceptable, but easily provoked: yes. Was not a threat to start "trolling" "thread jacking" or whatev - just making a point that drawing attention to this type of stuff is what fuels it.

Edited by kupuck19

don't you think your favorite thread was "accidentally" deleted due to y'alls treatment of HockeyGirl? I do, especially since that was the missing "content" when the thread returned. you kids are clown shoes, but you embrace it, so you've got that going for you, which is.

Edited by trudatman