NHL'94 Forums

winning faceoffs with the goaltender

EDIT:

I want to go on record and say a few things:

1. The reason I reacted the way I did in my first post here was because I don't like internet trolling, arguing etc.. It simply drives me crazy as a whole. But because this is the NHL 94 forum, a place dedicated to arguably the greatest sports game of all time, it drove me even more crazy to see what I still feel was more pointless arguing.

2. I'm sorry if my comments tonight have offended anyone.

3. I do not intend to disrespect anyone or call out anyone. Though I've talked to a few guys on aim since my first post in the topic and said I was sorry, I want to take the time to apologize to everyone as a whole right now if I offended anyone or inadvertently called out/attacked any individual.

Lastly - I've edited my previous posts to remove any inadvertent remarks, call-outs, etc. I once again apologize for my previous conduct. I just want this to be a respectable community for such a great game that we all love. I guess I went too far in trying to convey that.

Edited by Oilers442

actually, I'm not set on never, but it would be on-lag, as it is possible now, due to my Mac running unsteady wireless Internet from my neighbors. that said, I'd like to take this opportunity to represent on the second page:

canadiaeh.png

Edited by trudatman

wow, Oilers, dude, way to abandon your valid points and concede to the masses. your posts were level-headed and fair, but now they are devoid of any content. did they ridicule you into submission? well, I'm off to commit more Gary Larson.

Edited by trudatman

children! children! enough!

:rolleyes:

Quite frankly, this Snes vs. Gens crap is getting old too from both sides. Not only when remarks are made about why a certain version sucks but also when crap is started up for no reason because you don't like the guy based on a previous number of stupid posts he made, or don't like his views on your version of the game. He's merely sharing something from a hack he's worked on. In this topic, he didn't call out any of you as he may have before or begin by saying how much gens94 sucks. So your trolling is simply uncalled for. Way to ruin what could have been a contstructive topic.

You don't like what he posts or shares? Ignore it! As a generalization, you all should realize that even though he may or may not be a troll with saying why he thinks Gens sucks, you're just as big a troll for posting "SNES=Fail", "Mofape", "Snes will always be 2nd", "omgzors", "GA", etc....

Can't we co-exist and just get along?

oilers I think you failed to realize the sarcasm in our posts. We couldn't care less about snes vs gens, we are waaaay past that crap and only 1 person actually cares about it here. We are just calling out turdman on his own antics. Turdman needs to lighten the f**k up, we all here to have fun and just because we don't abide by some lame pompous spelling rules and real word rules doesnt mean it isnt in the ga. know wat im sayyyin. Not feeding the troll has worked amazingly well, when he isn't given any attention he has nothing to complain/b***h/cry about and all is well in 94 land. This thread was just too hard to pass up on lol.

are you guys eleven years-old or what? seriously, are any of you "WTGA, Mofape?" idiots adults? are you perpetually pubescent?

fourteen? gotcha.

of a fourteen-year-old Canadiens fan that uses chat lingo, clique slang and meme images to communicate? can't type that I am.

wow, Oilers, dude, way to abandon your valid points and concede to the masses. your posts were level-headed and fair, but now they are devoid of any content. did they ridicule you into submission? well, I'm off to commit more Gary Larson.

Nope, no concession to the masses. However, it was brought to my attention that a few things I said were maybe slightly offensive among other things to a few other members here. Because I don't want trouble here and because I could look at my previous statements with a cool head a few hours later, I removed any offensive remarks. My main points still remain however and I still stand by them but without insulting/offending anyone, or singling out any individuals...

Edited by Oilers442

well, feel free to single me out, again, whenever. you were fair in your assessment of my debates, regardless of if I fully agree with your analysis. I thought your portrayal of other members was fair, too, but maybe I was a bit blind to the offensive content due to my own bias that would have taken it further. anyway, thank you for being the type of community member that values rational civility.

no need to cry just because you were publicly owned. there's always a chance to better and redeem yourself. start now.

seems like in the end we all use stupid slang (ga/mofape/holla/represent/<images>) and are kinda obnoxious in different ways.

i think we are done here :P

winning faceoffs by pulling the goalie = cool rediscovery now with photographic evidence

goaliefaceoffspear.png

goaliefaceofftrip.png

how often does the attempting team get burned by missing the center/puck/faceoff and then having no netminder? with multiple players, can you then select the goalie and take out a few more dudes on the way back to the crease? is there a benefit to timing it exactly rather than clearing the zone well before the faceoff? does it only work consistently when your bench is the closer one? now that we've moved beyond the monkeying, does anybody have anything to add that is on-topic?

goaliefaceoffspear.png

Thomas no longer even waits for Henrik to get close to the crease before bodychecking him (or slicing him down with his stick it appears)

thanks for the help, distinguished community member. your assistance was invaluable. I now know that you cannot tell the difference between content and that thing you do, nor can you help yourself from strapping on the biggest clown shoes available to you. you just keep on being useless while the adults discuss the topic at hand. make sure to carry this attitude over to all threads, so we can accurately peg your overall value as the Greg Smyth of this website.

oh, I sure get it.

thanks for the help, distinguished community member. your assistance was invaluable. I now know that you cannot tell the difference between content and that thing you do, nor can you help yourself from strapping on the biggest clown shoes available to you. you just keep on being useless while the adults discuss the topic at hand. make sure to carry this attitude over to all threads, so we can accurately peg your overall value as the Greg Smyth of this website.

have-i-told-you-i-love-you.gif

Getting back to the topic as it should, it is actually possible to use the goalie to bump off the opposing center by pulling him and then get him back into place on either version. You don't always win the faceoffs with that tactic, so it's not used very much.

I've seen it in action, yesiree.