NHL'94 Forums

Handed/Fighting NOSE, editing NHL 94

perkabrod

your posts are VERY hard to understand. you don't seem to get that you must help us grasp what you are trying to convey. are you asking what the "fighting" rating does? if so, I believe that's what the misnomer for the shooting/passing bias in NOSE is. I can't run NOSE, so I don't know for sure, but with the SNES editor, the "??????" rating makes a low-rated player pass a lot when controlled by the computer and a high-rated player shoot a lot when controlled by the computer. I'll stop there, as I think I've summed it up and I'm not even sure what you are asking.

Edited by trudatman

Sorry for not making myself clear.. In NOSE, there's one place where you can change if a skater is left or right handed. It is called "Handed/Fighting".

So, for a left handed skater, does it matter if I choose Lefty/0 or Lefty/100 when modding NHL 94?

Since there is no fighting in the NHL 94 game I got confused if it would matter...

Also, this is for Genesis, didn't write that because I thought NOSE only worked for Genesis?

handed-fighting.png

Asking a questions about NOSE terminology makes perfect sense when asked in the NOSE subforum....

The fighting rating doesn't matter, since there is no fighting in 94.

Since they reused code between years, they often have things set up either from the past, or in anticipation of the future. Probably a bit of both in this case, keeping the fighting rating from 93, and hoping fighting would return in 95.

In 93, this probably affected how good a guy was at fighting, and maybe how often he fought (unless that was aggression).

The thing trudatman is talking about is the roughness rating.. 'roughness' should is actually the shooting bias. higher value means more likely to shoot under AI. gretzky, lemieux, oates, janney... all have 0 'roughness' because they had so many assists. gartner has a 5 because he had more goals than assists.

Thanks. Good thing I don't have to go over the rosters and change anything then...

Just completed the Elitserien 2011 (2010-2011) rosters. Our home team lost in the finals and we had lots of local talented players which will be gone to NHL upcoming season.

That's what inspired me to make a mod.

I'm amazed at the level of knowledge on this board. It has been days since I started the hex editor, thanks to the tools provided here.

ah. the chart helped. I agree that it is useless to select one lefty over another (vestigial rating where two options would suffice) and I can now decipher with reasonable certainty that the bias statistic I referred to is called "roughness" in NOSE. sorry for adding any confusion.