NHL'94 Forums

Best of 7 option for 2v2

Stefan

Is there a way to start a game that goes directly into a best of 7, doing home ice 2 / 2 / 1 / 1 / 1, with the option of who gets home ice advantage?

Some way to possible morph the best of 7 option already in place, and rather than "not playing" be placed on opposing team??!?!?!

this would be GREAAAAAAAAT!

And stanley cup at end?

• 3 months later...

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but no you can't play a single 7-game series and get the cup (unless there is some unknown cheat code!).

If you play against someone, I think the loser is simply eliminated.

Well you actually can't do multiple teams... So the game would have to be edited.

Have you guys ever been to: romhacking.net ??

There's so much room to work with for SNES games... Maybe I'll post on the forum to see if someone who's done some editing can help!

Well you actually can't do multiple teams... So the game would have to be edited.

Have you guys ever been to: romhacking.net ??

There's so much room to work with for SNES games... Maybe I'll post on the forum to see if someone who's done some editing can help!

I learned a bit on there about SNES hacking, for when I did the SNES NHLPA 93 - 64-team ROM. Lots of info there. Give it a try, maybe posting about the NHL games will spike some interest from some really experienced guys there!

Hopefully.

I've played edited games that are complete overhauls of their original counterparts.

Played a super metroid remake, or sequel where literally not a single thing was the same... Different graphics, different physics... Couldn't see why they couldn't for a simple game like NHL 94 :P

For whatever it's worth, I used to do playoffs against a friend on Genesis; we'd alternate playing as player 1 and player 2- so one of us could win the cup and the other one was just playing spoiler. One time he made it to the Stanley Cup finals and I beat him as the spoiler. From then on, whenever we played an exhibition the winner would hoist the Cup.