NHL'94 Forums

Amazing comebacks

I tend to play some exhibition games(5 min periods) almost everyday. Pondhcky and I play quite often. We have had some epic games. Some close and some blow outs. We have had a lot of comeback wins. The one that haunts me to this day happened 6-12 months ago. I consider myself to be good player. Not great, but above average. So losing a large lead generally shouldn't happen. Well it did!! On that particular day I was leading the game 9-1 just past the midway point of the 2nd period then all hell broke lose. "Hell" is a reference to a guy named Ray Bourque. The man went crazy. By the end of regulation the score was tied 9-9 due to his tank-like outer shell and pin point accuracy. I couldn't knock him down and he couldn't miss. His hot streak carried into overtime where he sealed the deal with a game winner early into the extra period. Yes, I blew an 8 goal lead. Unbelievable!!!!

So the point of this topic was to see if anyone else has blown huge leads in 5 min period games. Or has anyone given up 3-4 goals in the last minute to lose?

Edited by rc69fab

In my classic rookie season some years back I came back from 2-6 or something and won 7-6 in the last 1:50. And it was against one of the best, MasterOf94. Don't know how that happened. I think i still have the .zmv. will see if I can fraps it.

In my classic rookie season some years back I came back from 2-6 or something and won 7-6 in the last 1:50. And it was against one of the best, MasterOf94. Don't know how that happened. I think i still have the .zmv. will see if I can fraps it.

Can't find the .zmv. Looks like I have replaced it with the games I had vs Schwartz that season, somehow. Stupid. I know I have watched it before.

Checked the site though and the score was 6-5. So I think I came back from 5-2 then.

On that particular day I was leading the game 9-1 just past the midway point of the 2nd period then all hell broke lose.

one of my all time favorite games! that being said i tend to be on the receiving end of comebacks lately. no lead is safe. usually if i'm behind by 3 goals or more in the 2nd it's OVER and i start looking to practice for the next game.