NHL'94 Forums

93 Banners

Well I have almost completed my Old time Hockey Rom thanks to this site and especially smoz and slapshot. I used NOSE to do everything it does and Hex Editor to edit the Ron Barr text.

I have the 16 teams from 1973, plus 55 Detroit, 56 Montreal, 61 Chicago, 63 Toronto, 80 USA, 80 USSR, Charlestown Chiefs, Syracuse Bulldogs, Old Time All-Stars, and 93 All-Stars.

What I can't figure out is the banners and Tile Layer Pro.

Can anyone help me with finding them and changing/editing them?

Thanks

Consider using Tile Molester, it's easier than TLP.

Here's the info: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12135-graphics-editing-with-tile-molester-help/

I don't know where the banners are in 93, but if you open up the ROM in Tile Molester, select the correct grahpics format (9bpp linear, i think?) and scroll through the file, you should eventually see the the banners.

Consider using Tile Molester, it's easier than TLP.

Here's the info: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12135-graphics-editing-with-tile-molester-help/

I don't know where the banners are in 93, but if you open up the ROM in Tile Molester, select the correct grahpics format (9bpp linear, i think?) and scroll through the file, you should eventually see the the banners.

I got TM up and running. I can't find 9bpp linear as an option. Did you mean 8 bpp linear. Anyway I can't make out anything. Thanks for your help so far. A month ago I could not have imagined doing this.

I will go back and watch the videos and read if you can help in any other way I would appreciate it.

I did some more work and I think you meant 4bpp. Anyway, I am now wondering if I can just use Hex Workshop to change the names on the banners. If all I want to do is make the Edmonton banner say Chicago can I do that with Hex Workshop? It looks like it based on the tutorials. I need the offsets though. Any Ideas? Will this work? Probably not for USA but what about haviing multiple Chicago's?

Thanks. I found the 9bpp.

I also found the offset for the banners in 93 0008fcfa, That is according to another post.

I also watched the tutorial again but I can't make them out.

I am using the original rom is that my problem?

Thanks again for all the help smoz.