NHL'94 Forums

FALL '11 team selection

halifax

Ola awesome buds! Welcome to another awesome season. This will be by far the toughest ever as we have an abundance of players. GENS A and SNES A are stacked with talent (present company excluded) and it's anyone's crown this season!

1.Divisions are subject to change, leagues will not.

2.All new players are in the bottom league automatically regardless of which league they registered in.

3.We have 89 teams assigned, a new league record! Beating the old record of 84 in fall 2007.

4.For the first time in league history, there are more SNES players than GENS (45-44). Just had to get that one in there, no harm intended, I do love all buds regardless of console.

5.A special thanks to kingraph who kindly agreed to play GENS B in order to keep the league even. (He will also have first choice to take over an GENS A team if needed.)

6.Gretzkyonacold will help chaos and I throughout the season by looking after replacements from time to time, and he did a great job confirming new players. Thanks!

7.If you finish top 4 in your league, you are guaranteed a playoff spot, if you play all 40 games, you are guaranteed a playoff spot...after that we'll figure it out.

8.If you don't like your team, you may drop the team for another one that is available....just post in this thread. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST! If you want to make a second change, just post again with the new change.

Use this example ---> GENS B - Dropping St.louis, picking up washington.

I'll leave the team change option open until monday night.

Chaos will have the site setup as soon as he can...please understand this takes time and it may take a week or so.

GENS A

Eastern Conference

Patrick Division

Detroit - jrodimus

Toronto - Angryjay

Buffalo - Vocally Caged

Winnipeg - Hokkeefan

Adams Division

Los Angeles - freydey

Vancouver - canadiensfan66

Hartford - FPB

Philadelphia - Dcicon5148

Western Conference

Norris Division

NY Rangers - Swos

Dallas - Sebe

Quebec - Zalex

Boston - dexpsu83

Smythe Division

Calgary - carse

Pittsburgh edmonton - icestorm

Chicago - Flasox

Montreal - Boknowsnhl94

GENS B

Eastern Conference

Patrick Division

Tampa Bay - Kingraph

Vancouver NY Islanders - Houly

Detroit - kupuck

Adams Division

Buffalo - gretzkyonacold

Boston - egorde

Edmonton - robro

Western Conference

Smythe Division

Toronto - Smozoma

Quebec -Logan

Chicago - Pearate

Norris Division

Calgary - eggink444

Winnipeg - dan_lizhot

Dallas - cory

GENS C

Eastern Conference

Patrick Division

Philadelphia - hackles

Detroit - jesusandpals

Pittsburgh - tecmobrowns

Chicago - orangeblack92

Adams Division

Winnipeg - Sicarius fulgar

Toronto - brouss20

Los Angeles - Mr.Sandman

NY Rangers - dinoverse1

Western Conference

Norris Division

Buffalo - sabrefan

Montreal - bcretreiver23

Boston - Minipind

Dallas - fiddy

Smythe Division

Calgary - ncshultz1325

Quebec - ircstone

Vancouver - rammer87

Hartford - remzlab

SNES A1

EAST

Vancouver - Halifax

Hartford - Schwartz

Los Angelas - Fenty

Winnipeg - Shaftman

Montreal - tony twist

Boston-pondhcky1

WEST

Detroit - tommy1978

Pittsburgh - pokrchamp

Calgary - stheads2000

NY Rangers - szafer1980

Chicago - cjgarnet

SNES A2

Eastern Conference

Patrick Division

Boston - the90jacket

Quebec - Logan

Buffalo NY Islanders - Houli

Adams Division

Vancouver - Volly

Los Angeles - xot82

Toronto - maniple leaves

Western Conference

Smythe Division

Pittsburgh - rc69fabs

Chicago - Hokkeefan

NY Rangers - FPB

Norris Division

Washington Calgary - Redwingdevil

New Jersey - BlackDEvil19

Detroit - bobkudelski26

SNES B1

EAST

Boston - Dpinchhhh

Chicago - DocNABX85

Pittsburgh - Kupuck19

Los Angeles - Dcicon5148

Quebec - Sharksaddict

Toronto - ipvfreely

WEST

Calgary - tylerdeanhill

Detroit - the logician

Montreal - joebaker

Winnipeg - Jonatan

Hartford - Laerking

SNES B2

EAST

Pittsburgh - Fank009

Boston - fright

Montreal - brous20

Calgary - johnzors

NY Rangers - Dan_lizhot

Chicago - lumpylam

WEST

Detroit - zacendress

Winnipeg - oilers442

Los Angeles - Duffjr

Quebec - gmather

Buffalo - boknowsnhl94

Good luck everyone, should be fun.

After a quick chat with frey...we may look at removing the 40 game rule to make the playoffs for the A leagues and base it on points for the top finishers. I'll talk to chaos, see what he thinks. But we will leave the 40 game rule in for B and C leagues.

Detroit - jrodimus

Toronto - Angryjay

Buffalo - Vocally Caged

Winnipeg - Hokkeefan

Adams Division

Los Angeles - freydey

Vancouver - canadiensfan66

Hartford - FPB

Philadelphia - Dcicon5148

Yeah I tought my division was tough, then looked at the others.

Still. It would be nice swapping one.

Adams is like: GDL Champ, 3rd round, 2nd round, 1st round exits.

Patrick is : 2nd round, 1st round, semi-retired, semi-retired.

Got my like 9th choice in Gens.

Yeah, I gotta say I think the lesser coaches should get first dibs on teams. I think PHI was maybe my 8th or 9th or 10th choice yet Carse gets my #2 Calgary and Habs gets my #1 Vancouver. You have to make some sort of parity here.

To avoid problems with strong/weak divisions and conferences, we should try to get teams to play a similar number of games with all other teams. don't do something like 4 games in division, 3 in conf, 2 out of conf.. your division can make or break your season.

16 teams: 3 games vs 10 teams, 2 games vs 5 teams = 40 games

12 teams: 4 games vs 7 teams, 3 games vs 4 teams = 40 games

11 teams: 4 games vs everyone = 40 games

Yeah, I gotta say I think the lesser coaches should get first dibs on teams. I think PHI was maybe my 8th or 9th or 10th choice yet Carse gets my #2 Calgary and Habs gets my #1 Vancouver. You have to make some sort of parity here.

maybe next season we can do something like.. your ranking in the previous season gives you some 'pluses' in the team selection the next year. if you finish 16th, you get to move up 8 spots in the team selection , 14th is 7 spots, etc.

or we could use the team you got.. if you got your 5th choice team, you are moved up 4 spots in the team draft (this way you aren't punished each year just for being good)..

somehow i've gotten my 1st choice the past 2 seasons (but the new team selection method is pretty good at giving people their first team -- would be interesting to see some stats from the team selection, how many people got their xth pick)

can i have the isles in both leagues

ty halifax

Were you drunk & high again when you posted this Houli?! :lol:

Credit where it's due. Anyone who took part in the 2011 league will know me & Houli haven't been "buds", but I think him taking NYI in "B" for fall classic is a superb move. I understand he wasn't interested in being average/below average in A this season, but with VAN he was set to dominate in B, and prove absolutely nothing. With the Islanders I believe he'll prove just what an excellent player he is.

In a season where I think one or two guys are in a division which wont challenge them, or have a team which will make them a dominant player it's pretty refreshing to see someone looking to show their skills rather than going 34-6 with Detroit or something in a division below where they should be & beating up on guys below their level.

Who's gonna be the best player at the end of the season - The guy who won 50 games with Detroit & has the title, or the guy who made the quarters or semis with a NYI, TB or HAR?

Good on you Houli. Good luck for the season, and thank you for giving me a little more hope of at least competing with you in our games, rather than getting totally blown out of the water with VAN! lol ;)

maybe next season we can do something like.. your ranking in the previous season gives you some 'pluses' in the team selection the next year. if you finish 16th, you get to move up 8 spots in the team selection , 14th is 7 spots, etc.

or we could use the team you got.. if you got your 5th choice team, you are moved up 4 spots in the team draft (this way you aren't punished each year just for being good)..

somehow i've gotten my 1st choice the past 2 seasons (but the new team selection method is pretty good at giving people their first team -- would be interesting to see some stats from the team selection, how many people got their xth pick)

I like the idea of using your last year team selection # as a potential factor for adjusting your chances of team selection next year. This way you don't award or penalize individual coaches for being good/bad, but you DO help smooth out the luck factor each season of team selection (though the law of averages says this will happen naturally anyway :D)

I still think the current method is pretty solid. Coaches are already separated by skill level by league, and the nature of Classic is that some teams are better than others, given out by choice/luck of draw.

I'm in agreement here. If anything's going to factor into the team selection process, it should be what your ranking from the previous season was. Not how good of a player you are. We're not the US Government, no reason to penalize people for winning (or making more money, same idea).

Yeah I tought my division was tough, then looked at the others.

Still. It would be nice swapping one.

Adams is like: GDL Champ, 3rd round, 2nd round, 1st round exits.

Patrick is : 2nd round, 1st round, semi-retired, semi-retired.

Yep, semi-retired and loving every minute of it! I care so little these days that I'm even using a controller now.

good stuff guys, cant wait to get started in the C League..

Yup.. looking forward to some 94 Classic League play,, good luck to the rest of C league players.

Sicarius

I like this idea, but think it would only really work in leagues like GENS-A where 98% the coaches are always the same guys. Maybe GENS-B, too. It's tough to implement this when the leagues don't always have the same coaches playing every season.

Once the teams and coaches are set, I can have the schedule set up in a few days and we can start the season.

I will be adding a new function this season where coaches could leave their availability on the site. Kind of like a chat function in a way. Each coach could leave the other coach a message in the chat area stating their availability, good times to reach them, etc.

I also will be adding a new stat page to show the stats and records between 2 coaches (a matchup history page) some point in the next few weeks.

It would be nice to notify each coach via email when there is an update to the message area, but that would require everyone to update their emails through the "Edit User Profile" page. I think I could set it up where the site would send the email to the coaches, kind of like how the PM function works on this forum. This way, email addresses will be protected and hidden. I would have to talk to Evan about this.

A little surprise for some.

I want to switch from Washington to Calgary.

A little surprise for some.

I want to switch from Washington to Calgary.

I was really surprised by this...therefore I cannot allow the change.

pas de changes? même pas pour un 5?