NHL'94 Forums

GENS FALL CLASSIC PREDICTIONS

LA Robbie

17 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL BE GENS CLASSIC "A" CHAMPION?

• CARSE (CALGARY)
    • ANGRY JAY (TORONTO)
    • FREDEY (LOS ANGELES)
    • CANADIENSFAN (VANCOUVER)
    • Other? Please state below
  2. 2. WHO WILL BE GENS CLASSIC "B" CHAMPION?

• KUPUCK (DETROIT)
    • PEARATE (CHICAGO)
    • HOULI (ISLANDERS)
    • SMOZOMA (TORONTO)
  3. 3. WHO WILL BE GENS CLASSIC "C" CHAMPION?

• ORANGEBLACK92 (CHICAGO)
    • SICARIUS FULGAR (WINNIPEG)
    • BCRETRIEVER23 (MONTREAL)
    • RAMMER87 (VANCOUVER)

Hope this is not considered unfairly heaping pressure on people before things kick-off. Just meant to be a bit of fun.

Who will be the champs in this season's GENS classic?

In "A" I gotta go with Carse to continue his domination will Calgary, since he's won with them before & scored a bunch with them! In all fairness there are a lot of "A" players I don't really know too much about though.

In "B" i'm saying Pearate. Finished runner-up in last season's "B" finals using Buffalo. Now with the best team he's gotta be a big shout? Smozoma with Toronto has to be amongst the favourites, and I think Houli will have a big season, proving how good he is with the Islanders by beating a lot of "better" teams.

In "C" I can't look past OB with Chicago. He qualified for the "A" playoffs in the 2011 league, so in "C" with the best team he's gotta be the favourite for me. Sicarius will have an awesome season in "C" with Winnipeg &, although I don't know a lot of the new guys, Rammer87 is one to look out for, and has a great team for his first season.

What do others think? Good luck to everyone and have a great, enjoyable season all!

I'll go ahead and throw out my "Dark Horse" picks:

A: Freydey. He seems to be the only player that's ever able to beat carse. With a strong LA team, he'll have a good chance to do it again.

B: KingRaph. Guy's supposed to be in A, only playing in B because the leagues weren't even! Not overlooking him cuz he has TB, Bradley's a b***h to defend against.

C: Sicarius. He may be considered a "newb" but he sure doesn't play like one. He likes to score with the one-timer and has a great team in Winnipeg to do it with.

C: Sicarius. He may be considered a "newb" but he sure doesn't play like one. He likes to score with the one-timer and has a great team in Winnipeg to do it with.

Thanks for the vote but I'll probably be doing good to make the playoffs. By the way, I'm not sure what a one-timer is but I do list my favorite ways to score on my profile ;-P

Sicarius

p.s. I can't vote in the poll only because I don't know much of the competition. Except that Carse is a pushover.

In "A", I guess it'll be either Carse or AJ. I went with AJ because he's the Leafs and they have better goaltending. On the other hand.. offense wins in Gens "A" and CGY has better forwards and scoring D...

In "B", I think Logan, if he's in practice, can whip us all (but that's based on like.. early GDL years performance.. don't really know how good he is anymore!). I lost with Montreal last season, so I don't know if I can win it with Toronto. Who knows what coaches will come in as replacements and mix things up and boot me early from the playoffs!

In "C", I just don't know anyone's skill level, so picked "Other".. someone told me there was a new guy in "C" who's probably "A" material, so.. whoever that guy is.

Gens A : This league is looking like last Blitz A LG... stacked of great coaches. I predict the same thing in the playoff that happened in the last Blitz season in A. Tons of upset where lower seeds beat the favorites. And like that last blitz A lg Carse wont make it to the cup. For the first time in a while, HABS will have a great offensive team in classic so my money is on him. He has reached the classic finals before with PHI and MTL.

Last season, Freydey Swos Flasox and Jrod (with detroit) werent in the lg. Those are all capable coaches to beat Carse in a bof7. Add to that list the already skilled A coaches from last season, I dont think Carse can win this time again.

Gens B : Kingraph is a great player but he decided to do like his idol and take TB in order to master the art of TRAPON. He will have a good season but he wont be able to win it all in the playoff. Bradley can only carry you so far. Smozoma is going to bounce back from a disappointing GDL season and win the cup with Gilmour as his MVP.

Gens C : No question, Sicarius is going to be the champ, even if its his first time in a league. Sicarius is, by far, way more skilled than any newcomer that I've ever played. Only reason he's in C is because of the rule for newcomers that they need to play in C for the first season. With Winnipeg, the cup is his.

---

Cant wait for this season to start, Gens A gonna be amazing with all those big names... Even Jrod is back in the ga

Edited by Zalex

In "A", I guess it'll be either Carse or AJ. I went with AJ because he's the Leafs and they have better goaltending. On the other hand.. offense wins in Gens "A" and CGY has better forwards and scoring D...

I wouldn't waste your money betting on me. I'm not motivated, screwing around with a controller instead of my reliable keyboard, and I'm wayyyyy out of practice. In fact, maybe i ought to sign into aim for the first time in a few months...

I wouldn't waste your money betting on me. I'm not motivated, screwing around with a controller instead of my reliable keyboard, and I'm wayyyyy out of practice. In fact, maybe i ought to sign into aim for the first time in a few months...

Now that's the kind of enthusiasm we need to build up the classic season!

A: frey, too good, perfect manual GC, current gdl champ, hes in great form.

B: smoz, smoz is a solid proven B player, playing with TOR, hes in his comfort zone.

C: SICARIUS FULGAR huge favorite to win, solid player, his success in exhis vs me says a lot.

A- Other - It's a competitive league and I think we'll be surprised. If I have to pick one team... how about Flasox with Chicago.

B- PEARATE with Chicago. He's pretty good and Chicago is... well Chicago.

C- O&B with Chicago, same reason as B league.

Yeah picking Chicago to with all 3 Gens leagues, why not!

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94

Gens A : This league is looking like last Blitz A LG... stacked of great coaches. I predict the same thing in the playoff that happened in the last Blitz season in A. Tons of upset where lower seeds beat the favorites. And like that last blitz A lg Carse wont make it to the cup. For the first time in a while, HABS will have a great offensive team in classic so my money is on him. He has reached the classic finals before with PHI and MTL.

Last season, Freydey Swos Flasox and Jrod (with detroit) werent in the lg. Those are all capable coaches to beat Carse in a bof7. Add to that list the already skilled A coaches from last season, I dont think Carse cant win this time again.

Thanks for the vote bud!

My vote in Gens A goes to Gee Rod with Detroit. Hes a very great coach who drafts like s**t so with a good team i'm pretty sure he's gonna able to win :P. But yeah like verybody said (except smoz) lots of coaches can win this.

In gens B i'l go with kupukc who also got Detroit. Again, a good coach with a good team. I gotta say i dont really know the other coaches tho..same for gens C, i voted other cause i just dont know these guys, SORRY :/

EDIT: BTW it's FreYYYYYdey

Edited by Freydey

A: flasox this guys gonna be dirty with chicago.

B: Pearate, hes good 2on2er I think he'll rip it.

C: SicariusFulgar played him few exhis very solid.

Gotta say this is one stacked A league, def lookin blitz like.

Thanks for the props guys, but I'll probably ruin your predicions with another unlucky season, with opponents' one timers going in from center ice and their s**t goalie playing like Roy. I will try my best nonetheless.

GENS A--toughest one of em all to predict...leaning Carse again with CAL, but pretty much all a tossup btwn CAL, VAN(canadiensfan), and DET(jrod). VAN has an incredible offense and just enough D to contain people. DET makes any competitive coach...even rusty ones lethal. And Carse should destroy ppl with CAL...thanks to Fleury and co. For some reason, Hokkee has also really been playing out of his mind the last few series, and with WPG he may pull more than a couple upsets

GENS B-this one is easy. SMOZ in a cakewalk. Smoz+uber goalie=cant score