NHL'94 Forums

Subspace/Continuum Hockey League

Bopmem2

Have you played subspace hockey before?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played subspace hockey before?

Can you give us some pictures so that we can get a clearer view of the game? And why not try your skills here in any of the leagues?

Subspace / Continuum, as some of you may know, is a 2d spaceship shooter. Think asteroids on crack and steroids.

screenshot5-copy.jpg

It is all player run, and each zone has it's own style and gameplay.. our zone is Hockey Zone. Guesssss what we play there.

I made a promo video a bit back that I think is cool(?). Whatever it's quality, it is definitely more informational than screenshots of other zones.

Maybe you're interested? Check out the Getting Started article HERE.

that was... something.

Actually looks like a weird bit of fun, but I can't imagine it being more enjoyable than a game of '94!....................probably better than the Snes version tho ;)

hey-o! for those trying to get their digs on the SNES crew, spelling it like a proper noun (as the "preferred" field here does) and/but not like an acronym is a good start.

hey-o! for those trying to get their digs on the SNES crew, spelling it like a proper noun (as the "preferred" field here does) and/but not like an acronym is a good start.

.....................does it matter? <_<

it doesn't matter to Genesissies, that's for sure.

what is Hat Trick? what system is it for?

i dont see anything remotely close to hockey being played in that video. looks like a souped up version of asteroid for atari...

As I said, think asteroids on crack and steroids. And then add a little hockey. It is definitely worth a shot.

Stevenoids? I'd play that.

....I'm a crackhead, but he's a crack monster....

• 2 weeks later...

c-64 was the bomb, pitfall, hot wheels, friday the 13th... so many amazing games!

I had an addiction to playing Bruce Lee...awesome and frustrating.

• 9 years later...

The big Bopmem2 has already been there.

I made it my mission to recruit new players to revive our second division. I found this forum by searching on Google for a place where I could try to recruit players. This is typically the kind of game I love, I knew I would find a website for leagues like we have (http://www.nhl94online.com/). I'm sure some of you guys would love our game a lot, it's very demanding. I need to get a controller to test NHL'94, I have toured your site and I understand that you are looking for players, especially for your leagues. We also and I think both games have a lot to benefit from some sort of collaboration. One of our player who came from another game ended up signing players for both games that way.

The biggest difference between the two games is that in NHL'94 you control the entire team while in Hockey Zone you only control one player. There are other differences of course, and I don't count the ugly graphics in our game because it's all in the gameplay. There are probably already Hockey Zone players who have competed in the NHL'94 leagues.

Here is our website: https://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=siteview&st=1& . Ideally, a bunch of NHL'94 regulars would form a team and play together, the schedule can even be tailored to suit your leagues or whatever else. It only takes an hour a week, we have a lot of players who only play when their team have a competitive match. We have an in-game chat that makes matches more fun.

I doubt that I'll convinced anyone, yet I'm sure in most cases someone who likes NHL'94 would like Hockey Zone, and vice versa. I will end up playing NHL'94 online anyway, I also see it is a bit complicated to set up but following the instructions I will get there.

However, if one or more players are interested I would be delighted to offer them a team. The competition will not start for at least two weeks in any case.