NHL'94 Forums

What has impressed you most about fall 2011 classic so far?

halifax

21 members have voted

1. 1. What has impressed you most about fall 2011 classic so far?

• Rammer (19-1) in GENS C
    • RC69Fabulous (18-2) in SNES A2
    • GENS B completing a third of their season in 6 days
    • Awesome guys like Patstew (1-13), temcobrowns (0-8), nvschultz (1-19), hackles (2-10), larking (2-9), duffjr (1-11) continuing to pound out games despite their records

"Awesome guys like Patstew (1-13), temcobrowns (0-8), nvschultz (1-19), hackles (2-10), larking (2-9), duffjr (1-11) continuing to pound out games despite their records"

bunch of classy buds around here

ProBob's start in GENS B with EDM. Both his performances with a so-called "lesser team", and the sportsmanship he conducts himself with.

Sorry to embarrass him! lol

ProBob's start in GENS B with EDM. Both his performances with a so-called "lesser team", and the sportsmanship he conducts himself with.

Sorry to embarrass him! lol

Yes, everyone should bow down to me and my wopping 8-7 record... and you may have just motivated me to start acting like a tool. Congrats.

Just a message to the new guys with the bad records - Take it from someone that went 4-18 in the 2011 league in the summer - Playing against more advanced players, watching what they're doing, watching what you're not doing..................by the end of the season you'll be amazed at how much you improve and how much more you understand about the game, and what a good player you've become.

I feel sorry for the guys that can't hack losing and give up on it after a few defeats. Stick with it & the difference after just a few months will be bigger than you can possibly imagine. Good luck to you all

Just a message to the new guys with the bad records - Take it from someone that went 4-18 in the 2011 league in the summer - Playing against more advanced players, watching what they're doing, watching what you're not doing..................by the end of the season you'll be amazed at how much you improve and how much more you understand about the game, and what a good player you've become.

I feel sorry for the guys that can't hack losing and give up on it after a few defeats. Stick with it & the difference after just a few months will be bigger than you can possibly imagine. Good luck to you all

I second this, as someone who has just matched their win total from all of last seaon with 23 games remaining.

Just some thoughts on the poll:

Rammer is on pace to rewrite the classic record book, which is awesome. RC69 too, but he's a SNES player so he's automatically disqualified :)

Obviously, the guys who are losing and sticking it out are the best, especially patstew, who got stuck with a crappy team because somebody else couldn't handle them. But Gens B playing a 3rd of a season is the most impressive. because we're the reliable league that is going to have a legitimate playoff tournament because everyone will play their games and the standings will actually be the true standings and everyone will be on the same playing field. and everyone will have played at least 38 games of their 40 on their own, not with somebody else.

Also, I'm in Gens B, that helps too.

Edited by PRoBob38

doesnt look like you gonna get another shot houly due to the douchebaggery you did this season, face it you are banned from classic now go wait for blitz or go play WoW

Wow matthurray excuse about the controller is good! where is FPB ,Dcicon and SOH? wtf...quiters must be banned...or put me in A right fn now ! I want a 2nd chance ...like hokkee!

btw the guy who took over your tm is in this poll being praised for sticking it out with the team that you couldn't handle. perhaps you should take some notes...

doesnt look like you gonna get another shot houly due to the douchebaggery you did this season, face it you are banned from classic now go wait for blitz or go play WoW

are you banned for life in every lgs? if yes, why dont u quit this website for ever? u will nvr be allowed to play in a lg ...waste of time to be here if i was u

Edited by Houli

I've chosen the 4th option because personally, I'd be pretty damn disheartened with such records. But doing a whole season is like a contract: Unless you do some kind of douchbaggery kind of thing or something else, you stick to it until the job's done. Of course, exceptions can occur.

So yeah, it's very impressive that those guys chose to stay instead of just going off. Unlike some people.

Provided there were two goaltenders for the whole game, Dan's 20 goal game seems pretty unfathomable. I don't care who it's against or how the goals were scored. That wouldn't even be easy to do if one of them desyncked.

I'm impressed by Gretzkys ability to miss open net. He is more interested in hitting people in the stands.

Gretzky out Carson in.

yay for 2/2 shots (ie ~45/45 power/accuracy). kind of surprised he can get it over the glass, though.