NHL'94 Forums

How to score on a wraparound?

Kaberle15

Okay so I'm new to the nhl 94 community, I owned it on the snes and have only played it the odd time just for fun(it was actually my dad's cartridge so he played it more than me). I've got some of the basics down I hope (ie. the move and the crease cut haha), and I'm wondering if there's a legitimate way to score using a wraparound. Is there any even semi-consistent way of scoring on a wraparound? I don't care if you have to fake one way and turn around or whatever, I'm just wondering if anybody could show me or tell me how to have a decent chance of wrapping it in coming from behind the net?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Kaberle15

Okay so I'm new to the nhl 94 community, I owned it on the snes and have only played it the odd time just for fun(it was actually my dad's cartridge so he played it more than me). I've got some of the basics down I hope (ie. the move and the crease cut haha), and I'm wondering if there's a legitimate way to score using a wraparound. Is there any even semi-consistent way of scoring on a wraparound? I don't care if you have to fake one way and turn around or whatever, I'm just wondering if anybody could show me or tell me how to have a decent chance of wrapping it in coming from behind the net?

Thanks a lot

Not in NHL 94 on the Genesis.

You could do it on NHL 93, because when you skated from one corner to behind the net, the goalie would get stuck on the post, then you could stuff it in at the other post.

in SNES, at least, it's not that it's impossible, just that it's highly improbable, much like getting a fivehole goal. you'll have better luck with a slapshot. a wraparound can be executed in a play like Messier dumps it and Vernon anticipates it going around the boards and to him behind the net, but before getting to the puck, he sees Tikkanen burst through, grab the puck and spin around the net, into the crease. Vernon doesn't get back in time, either because Tikkanen was going very fast or, more likely, the net or another player got in the way. it's a low percentage play, but it's not something you are likely to ever pull off by just skating in from the other zone, through defenders and around the net, because everybody sees that play happening and adjusts. if you can do it before they knew what hit them, you can tuck a rare one around. you'll likely need to actually cross back over the line from behind the net, although it is possible to force the puck through the netting. no, I must have blinked and missed the lacrosse move.

So I'm just wondering if there are any other useful scoring strategies in this game, I only know the move, the crease cut, and of course the one-timer. Since the wrap around is apparently not very useful, are there any other useful moves I should know about?

Snes just incase it matters

and Thanks again

slap-shots and pass-shots are rare. crashing the net sometimes works. you can occasionally toss-pass the puck over the netminder and in. SNES, of course, and it always matters.