NHL'94 Forums

NHL 12 -- what do you think?

Did you get NHL 12?

What do you think of it?

Likes?

Dislikes?

New features?

Old bugs/annoyances that are still around? (does the announcer still say "he didn't mean to, but give him a blocked shot on that one!" every time a shot hits a leg?)

I didn't get 11, but I think I'll get 12 (going on an every-other-year pattern since $70+tax every year is too much for me when I don't use the online features other than roster updates (which have not been quite up-to-date enough in the past, especially with no update in the first few weeks after the trade-deadline..)).

Hopefully with the wages I'll earn with my job, I'll be able to buy NHL 12, even if I have to order it brand new online just so I don't have to pay the extra $10 bucks to play online on a daily basis since this is one reason I want this game.

Yes, I'll be playing NHL 12 with an open mind here. No use bitching about it since we still play 94 a lot anyway. :lol:

I for one absolutely LOVE IT.

The goalies are better. CPU defense is better. Passing is way better. Checking is more realistic (By a ton)

They fixed the goal glitches. There's none apparent as of now.

It's especially enjoyable when you play with buddies.

Checking is more realistic (By a ton)

The physics-based checking was the only thing I felt bad about missing out on with NHL11. I really liked it in the '11 demo. Definitely looking forward to it with '12.

The physics-based checking was the only thing I felt bad about missing out on with NHL11. I really liked it in the '11 demo. Definitely looking forward to it with '12.

It was garbage/lies.

It worked in the beginning but they released sliders who made it irrelevant. This year size matters more.

It was garbage/lies.

It worked in the beginning but they released sliders who made it irrelevant. This year size matters more.

Just like the weight bug fix, huh? :D

I for one absolutely LOVE IT.

The goalies are better. CPU defense is better. Passing is way better. Checking is more realistic (By a ton)

They fixed the goal glitches. There's none apparent as of now.

It's especially enjoyable when you play with buddies.

what he said.

i love it

lol its always the same, u guys love it untill you get rape by some addict and then you go cry on how bad it is and GAGGAGA. Personnaly, ive played it today and theres nothing like totally new, its almost the same as 11.

lol its always the same, u guys love it untill you get rape by some addict and then you go cry on how bad it is and GAGGAGA. Personnaly, ive played it today and theres nothing like totally new, its almost the same as 11.

No it's not.

I don't get ''raped''. I lose like a game out of 10. It just becomes boring when the only way to compete is a glitchfest.

Poking is way different. Changes the whole game.

I think frey is saying that give it a few weeks and some loser out there will find the glitches and start using them online and it will turn into another glitch fest vid game

Well i'l give it a chance. If it does happen i'l resell it.

NBA 2K11 had no glitches a good player couldn't prevent.

BTW, anyone unlocked the EA Legends on the game yet? They were featured in a video not too long ago.

I think frey is saying that give it a few weeks and some loser out there will find the glitches and start using them online and it will turn into another glitch fest vid game

the top 100 is all about the best glitchers and fpb will be in a week lol

• 2 weeks later...

Wtf is a glitch? I will not buy this game and anybody who has should be ashamed

Ashamed? You should give it a chance. It is the best of the newer generation nhl games, better than 09, 10 and 11 in my opinion. The ai is much improved and the physics engine has moved in a good direction (plus the goalies are much improved) Overall, it just has a more true hockey feel to it than previous games.

The price of $60 is not the greatest I will admit...but when it also takes me $60 to fill my car every 10 days, the $60 for a fun game that I wear out doesn't seem so bad.