NHL'94 Forums

Time to start replacing guys?

c4outlaws

For me, anything goes when it comes to scoring as long as you try to mix it up and keep up with the variety. There are many kinds of ways in scoring a goal, and there's a lot of creativity when it comes to one timers because everything happens spontaneously and you try to do everything in your power in order to score.

Sometimes, the most simple ways are the most effective ones.

I should stop joining SNES leagues.

I'm dropping out.

Anyone can have my 6-3 Rangers I don't give a f**k.

Every nitwit in the game plays EXACTLY like the other except defensively.

It's all a contest of ''who can do the backhand towards the net'' most times.

There's no difference in playing the best or the rest, you'l still get scored the same way.

I'd rather get my ass kicked with the Whalers than suffer such insufferable lack of originality every time I play.

Thanks to JeffBC94 for actually trying to do something else. Only opponent worth my while with Schwartz.

Pretty ridiculous saying that everyone scores the same way...

Cjgarnet

Fenty

Iceguy

Pondhcky

C4outlaws

Xot82

I'm not breaking down their strategies, but I will say that on these guys alone (leaving out a number of guys that I didn't play too much and learn their style inside and out), I probably played a total of 500 games or more this past summer. You can't honestly believe that all of these guys score the same way. Each and every one of them passes differently, sets up in the zone differently, and relies on both the one timer and dekes in different amounts on a game by game basis...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Oilers442

Pretty ridiculous saying that everyone scores the same way...

Cjgarnet

Fenty

Iceguy

Pondhcky

C4outlaws

Xot82

I'm not breaking down their strategies, but I will say that on these guys alone (leaving out a number of guys that I didn't play too much and learn their style inside and out), I probably played a total of 500 games or more this past summer. You can't honestly believe that all of these guys score the same way. Each and every one of them passes differently, sets up in the zone differently, and relies on both the one timer and dekes in different amounts on a game by game basis...

:rolleyes:

I have seen absolutely NONE of that.

RC scored like 4 one timers in the 3 games and that was the most from anyone. (All the rest being drive the net with a fat guy)

Edited by The Russian Rocket

I have seen absolutely NONE of that.

RC scored like 4 one timers in the 3 games and that was the most from anyone. (All the rest being drive the net with a fat guy)

As long as you let me score the easy goals of course I will do it. I have many different strategies both offensively and defensively but I use the easiest way to win my games.

The toughest player to figure out is grayto. I have some ways to deal with him too but sometimes it doesn't help.

Understandable bud. Can the wait list use some recruits?

It can bud....but you need to build our trust again, cause I've lost faith in your passion for 94....kinda like when i lost faith in George Lucus to make another good star wars movie when he brought in jar jar binx.

You have to show us you care...get online...play some exhis with people...people like to be loved bud...and no one feels your love right now....especially pondhcky1.

Quitting? Seriously? If you sign up for a league, finish a league. If you don't like playing SNES or GENS, don't sign up next season, but don't make out it's other people's fault that you're walking!

Quitting has to be the biggest disrespect to the game, the league & the other players giving YOU their commitment.

Don't like the league? Grit your teeth & play through the season (Plough through your 40 games, get it over with & then forget about it 'til playoffs). Don't like your team? Accept you were silly enough to list them in your ten choices, play your season & write 100 times: "I WILL NOT PICK PHILADELPHIA, I WILL NOT PICK PHILADELPHIA, I WILL NOT PICK PHILADELPHIA.................."

Where are we at if guys can proclaim their commitment to a league, promising to play their games, and then just jack it off whenever they feel like it, for whatever reason they like? Grow up, play your games & stop dumping on the game, the league & your opponents.

Is it really any different to what Houli did? Your different reason for walking doesn't make it any more acceptible. It's the end result - A bunch of guys & a league that have been totally disrespected.

I've lost faith in your passion for 94....kinda like when i lost faith in George Lucus to make another good star wars movie when he brought in jar jar binx.

Hahahaha. Love that analogy!

great post. I have to agree that it's pretty classless to bail. he knew what it was. you don't get to chose how your opponent plays. I have to imagine that the rest of the league consists mostly of people who would not say "I respect his reasoning for taking his ball and going home." it's like the guy is a six-year-old that isn't having enough fun with the neighborhood kids. go run to mommy and tell her about how these folks wouldn't play the way you expected them to.

It can bud....but you need to build our trust again, cause I've lost faith in your passion for 94....kinda like when i lost faith in George Lucus to make another good star wars movie when he brought in jar jar binx.

You have to show us you care...get online...play some exhis with people...people like to be loved bud...and no one feels your love right now....especially pondhcky1.

LOL :blink:

addicted to the coke and candy bars ? :P

Edited by Houli

LARobbie: I've probably got more than a thousand more league games to the counter.

When I play 94' i play it cause I like it, and I like the different facets of the game.

If it's going to turn into a fuckfest like NHL 11, then no thank you, I'l go play that instead.

I've been beaten to the ground before and stayed.

I'M 6-4 FFS.

There's just some guy who will be happy to pick it up. That's it.

great post. I have to agree that it's pretty classless to bail. he knew what it was. you don't get to chose how your opponent plays. I have to imagine that the rest of the league consists mostly of people who would not say "I respect his reasoning for taking his ball and going home." it's like the guy is a six-year-old that isn't having enough fun with the neighborhood kids. go run to mommy and tell her about how these folks wouldn't play the way you expected them to.

Yeah when they start dealin' dope, you better do it too. Not going to bail away from that.

Not saying it's a good analogy. But your's pretty shitty.

they must be the same person. you can't tell me there are other humans that behave in this manner. Ninety Flow may need a breathalyzer like a convicted drunken driver's car.

Ban the guy even if he decides to continue. Acting like this is not ok and it's worth a ban by itself.

Keep quiting when it's 2 mins left of the game when he is down by 4 goals and rant here like a 10 year old. I've had enough of these guys.

Edited by xot82

Ban the guy even if he decides to continue. Acting like this is not ok and it's worth a ban by itself.

Keep quiting when it's 2 mins left of the game when he is down by 4 goals and rant here like a 10 year old. I've had enough of these guys.

Insult me when I quit, Insult me when I'l make my games.

Make up your f**king mind already.

yes, he must be banned but the guy will try to play now.

dont be a douche xot,cuz you're not good for that! ;)

You know what?

I'm so sick of your f**king crying i'l play.

SO f**king sick of being treated like a b***h, like i've killed homeless children.

There you go. I'l play. (%/%() )$"__"$/"$

If you want to quit, then quit, and if you want to play,then play because you enjoy the game and want to play in the snes league regardless of how others play. But don't come back and play because of the reason you just gave, that makes less sense than the reason why you quit in the first place.

Just don't let him get back for this season and do so with a warning for the next one. All this flip-flopping for the wrong reasons just isn't this community's gag. You're in it for the long haul or you're not unless something happens. That should always be set in stone.

So first checkpoint has passed and halfway to the next one. There are coaches that have 0 games played and many others under the checkpoint minimum. I know we go through this crap every year but still not sure why people sign up if they don't want to play. You guys can't do 6 games a week now but find ways to get 12 a week near the end of the season? It's crap! I'm not saying you have to play all 40 in the first week but at least do the minimum. No point on having checkpoints. Next season lets just drop the deadlines and hope people get 40 games in. I feel sorry for the guys on the waiting list who really want to play.

tl;dr

Translation: I was too busy staring at your avatar.

Just don't let him get back for this season and do so with a warning for the next one. All this flip-flopping for the wrong reasons just isn't this community's gag. You're in it for the long haul or you're not unless something happens. That should always be set in stone.

how is your connexion now? can u join the gens lg? if not, im sad for you mr.cervantes