NHL'94 Forums

Stream League Games

xcuttherugx

Hey guys, I think we should make one or two twitch.tv accounts that we all share and use to specifically play NHL94 league games on. especially the playoffs; i think that'd be awesome. Let me know how we can all work this out or if you guys are even interested.

Edit:

Here is a link to our stream: NHL94 Stream

How To Stream Tutorial: Click Here

Here are the user names and passwords for twitch.tv and gmail. Both are the same, and i think you can just use all lowercase.

User Name:NHL94TwitchTV

Password: nhl94league

It's really not that hard. As soon as I get a PC you better believe I'll be streaming.

Edited by xcuttherugx

Hey guys, I think we should make one or two twitch.tv accounts that we all share and use to specifically play NHL94 league games on. especially the playoffs; i think that'd be awesome. Let me know how we can all work this out or if you guys are even interested.

help us understand your suggestion : )

what's the advantage of that site vs just playing as we always do?

I think he basically wants us to go a little global and wants us to spread the awesomeness of the game by having the games recorded. I'd imagine that many people will want to come here and compete with us on the various leagues and so the word is spread around like wildfire.

At the very least that's how it looks on paper. I dunno if we can go through with this or not.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Live streaming sounds like a killer idea. Youtube vids are always cool, but being able to see games unfold live would be amazing!! I think it would make our online community even more special than it already is! :)

It sounds like everyone is pretty pumped on this idea. I really don't think we'll see any lag issues as long as the person streaming has a 5meg connection, which is only tier 2 for most providers. In fact it might be tier one these days. It's super easy to do there is tons of free screen capture software. I'll do some research and post links to tutorials.

Who moderates the league? It would be awesome if they create the twitch.tv account. I can obviously do it, but I don't want to step on any toes.

LETS DO THIS!!!

The only way this could be accomplished would be through a webcam since desktop recording software causes too much frame skipping on most computers. An ideal situation would be to setup a webcam on a laptop pointed at the monitor or just use a laptop with a built-in monitor, which would produce minimal frame loss in the video if the computer was fast enough.

The only way this could be accomplished would be through a webcam since desktop recording software causes too much frame skipping on most computers. An ideal situation would be to setup a webcam on a laptop pointed at the monitor or just use a laptop with a built-in monitor, which would produce minimal frame loss in the video if the computer was fast enough.

I don't think anything built within the last 5 years will have frame skip issues. the stream might skip but only the people watching would have a problem, not the actual players. we're talking SNES/GEN here; people stream 1080p starcraft 2 all day without lag. i understand what you're saying though, one frame can be the difference between a win and loss.

Who moderates the league? It would be awesome if they create the twitch.tv account. I can obviously do it, but I don't want to step on any toes.

LETS DO THIS!!!

Hey bud, I don't have time to look after this, but if you'd like to, by all means go ahead.....and why are you not playing in the league? get a controller, if you don't have one, and sign up bud...would be great to have ya!

http://nhl94online.com/html/registration.php?lg=10

Hey bud, I don't have time to look after this, but if you'd like to, by all means go ahead.....and why are you not playing in the league? get a controller, if you don't have one, and sign up bud...would be great to have ya!

http://nhl94online.com/html/registration.php?lg=10

totally down to play. no pc, and currently relocating AKA homeless.

I like the idea! I found the site because of a youtube video - so first hand I know the videos are good promo tools. Instead of trying to get all the games live, perhaps games get loaded to the channel shortly after they are played to avoid connection problems. I have no clue how twitch.tv works but it sounds cool.

Streaming live would be pretty darn cool. Unfortunately, it's hard to imagine that not screwing with people's connections because they are uploading a lot of information. We all know that de-sync situations suck.

Personally, I've seen about 3 or 4 cool youtube videos of NHL 94. The problem is that there's a lot of lame ones. I think people should just record their games and upload them along with a basic description like "NHL 94 Classic League, Fall 2011. Genesis C Divison - Montreal 4, Dallas 2. Dennis Savard scores another hat trick and Patrick Roy shuts the door. nhl94online.com" It would be especially cool for the playoffs.

By recording and uploading to youtube, it will probably be better for gameplay. Plus, recorded games makes it easier for people to rewind-fast forward which is sweet, and they can watch games on their own time. And as far as spreading the word, anybody who searches for Dennis Savard highlights might be pleasantly surprised to know that NHL 94 is alive and well.

I have yet to record a game. Anybody got tips for doing so?

Personally, I've seen about 3 or 4 cool youtube videos of NHL 94. The problem is that there's a lot of lame ones. I think people should just record their games and upload them along with a basic description like "NHL 94 Classic League, Fall 2011. Genesis C Divison - Montreal 4, Dallas 2. Dennis Savard scores another hat trick and Patrick Roy shuts the door. nhl94online.com" It would be especially cool for the playoffs.

I put playoff videos online for the Blitz94 playoffs. I don't put the score, though.. who wants to watch a game when they know the score.. ;)

I put player names in the keywords for the video.

I have yet to record a game. Anybody got tips for doing so?

http://forum.nhl94.c...ame-movies-avi/

Stream looks great! Next we'll have to see how it works with online play and lag. It'd be good to note what kind of internet service speed people are using (download/upload -- you can check via speedtest.net if you're not sure) and perhaps determine if there's a threshold where streaming causes lag.

the stream went really well. no lag on my end at all. i was only playing cpu, but you can watch the matches here: NHL94. twitchTV is great because it records your broadcasts! you don't have to record and reupload somewhere else. I'd play someone but like i said no PC yet. see ya later!

edit:

I have a 10meg connection, and although the stream looks a little choppy it wasn't on my computer. I was uploading at 20 frames per second to keep the lag down, but i bet i could have done 30 without any problems. Also, skip ahead to like 7 minutes if you watch the video, that's when i start playing.

Edited by xcuttherugx

• 2 weeks later...

We just streamed our SMK match on livestream using their free Procorder tool. I had to set the FPS to 15 because 30 was lagging our match too much, but it was great with the audio commentary. I think the screen resolution was about 500x200, but I could probably go higher.

We just streamed our SMK match on livestream using their free Procorder tool. I had to set the FPS to 15 because 30 was lagging our match too much, but it was great with the audio commentary. I think the screen resolution was about 500x200, but I could probably go higher.

Awesome!!! channel link?