NHL'94 Forums

GENENIS EMULATOR

cjgarnet

So i was interested last season in joining gens leauge...however when playing it was neusence....laging...and desynching so many times...and eventually left and stuck to zsnes...snes never dropped or lagged...like 1 in 1000 games lol...(mmm wonder if i played that many games haha)...so i stuck with snes...so i found myself interested again this season and wanted to try out my luck...so i tried a couple gens exhibitions...of course it desynced in first period of first game and was laggy....so im like how could this not work and snes so great...maybe it only works good with direct cable not wireless...no idea....so i looked up and downloaded a different gens emulator....fushion 364...it worked f n amazing...easy to connect...not one lag...or desynch in the two games ive played..(still same rom from the site)....this def did not happen ever on the other gens emulator on this site...it was atleast laggin if it wasnt desynching...so this brings the question...is there a reason why we shouldnt us the fusion 364 emulator? (cause correct me if im wrong, people have had some issues like i have that are in the leaugses, like not just me its happening to)....

maybe test it out and see what u think

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/genesis/fusion.html

to config controller go to options...set config...controllers...then on the port 1 3 btn one...select usb gamepad hit define...then at bottom it will ask u to press up for up down for down etc....just hit the buttons appropriate for gens then hit the other buttons as a default...

then bother players load the nhl 94 game from genesis/32x part...then go back to options to netplay one person goes to start netplay and hit creat and enter nick name then the other guy join enters ur nickname and ip from hamaachi...then bam...hopefully a non laggy or desynched game...

feels to good to be true but worked fine for us...perfectly actually...let me know some thoughts...worth a shot ;-)

so not sure how operating systems work for it but the guy i played was windows 7 and i was vista....

he helped me see the light. it does seem to run smoother. default resolution is blurry but you can fix that just go to video and uncheck filter.

fellow buds i urge you to give it a try. if not he will try and make you see the light anyways haha

It worked great, that's true... But, unfprtunately I have to be the wet blanket. It screwed something up on Windows 7. Windows 7 is also not listed as one of the applicable programs, so it appears there was actually a reason for that.

it could also be an idea to have both emulators then...say for example it didnt work great for windows 7....(well the game went smooth..but apparent issue after for you not sure...) then i would play you( or other windows 7 useers) on regular emulator and risk the lag and desynch..... then if i played someone who has xp or vista i would use this emulator that hasnt desynched yet and very minumal lag nothing significant...

it could also be an idea to have both emulators then...say for example it didnt work great for windows 7....(well the game went smooth..but apparent issue after for you not sure...) then i would play you( or other windows 7 useers) on regular emulator and risk the lag and desynch..... then if i played someone who has xp or vista i would use this emulator that hasnt desynched yet and very minumal lag nothing significant...

Only problem with this is it appears your GENS connection is not really league play standard, so, first of all, everyone else has to download the fusion emulator, whether they want it or not just to play you, but, more importantly, guys with Windows 7 have to play a crappy game against you on GENS that is probably going to have horrible lag & regular desynchs.

I would suggest for this season you need to look at getting your own cabled internet connection rather than shared wireless in order to play GENS. If tests can be done with some of the more tech savvy guys with Fusion on Windows 7 maybe that emulator can be considered as the default emulator for next season, if it really is that superior.

Only problem with this is it appears your GENS connection is not really league play standard, so, first of all, everyone else has to download the fusion emulator, whether they want it or not just to play you, but, more importantly, guys with Windows 7 have to play a crappy game against you on GENS that is probably going to have horrible lag & regular desynchs.

I would suggest for this season you need to look at getting your own cabled internet connection rather than shared wireless in order to play GENS. If tests can be done with some of the more tech savvy guys with Fusion on Windows 7 maybe that emulator can be considered as the default emulator for next season, if it really is that superior.

well i have made it through a few games before(some lag still)on the sites emulator...where a guy confirmed me...but i get the point there...however im not sure what happened with the windows 7 guy after, but we played 2 perfect games...so i would like to investigate that like i was saying...i just dont understand why i would need cable internet to get it to work properly..i have a signal expander...and it full strength and speed...not slow...and never lags with zsnes...dont make sense to me....and other people lagging and desynching on gens...why is this?...we should do a pole on how manyy desynched games there was this year in gens lol...prob less then i would think since the league continuosly runs every season...but ive talked to a few people and they all had lagged or desynched games(never heard a guy yet say ive never had one problem with it)...none would be better lol...so lets get some geeks brains here to tell us if it is indeed superior...do some test runs and stuff ;-) where are all the geeks?? ;-)

kega definitely has better netplay

doesn't have window resizing/stretching, though.. kind of annoying.. you can either do full screen (dont' want to) or 2x or 3x, maybe 4x.. you can't just arbitrarily stretch it the way you like it..

also, for stats leagues (Blitz, GDL), you can't hit F5 to save the game, you need to go into the file menu.. which is ok.. except you can't take random saves during a game when something funny happens or an awesome goal is scored (for the purpose of making a video at some point)