NHL'94 Forums

Next Season?

Fiddy

unlikely

it was an awesome lg

but clockwise be busy

Well clockwise's website: www.pixelpuck.com states there's a 2012 update coming...............Fiddy doesn't say, but I presume as you mentioned clockwise we're talking about the 2011 rom?

*sighs*

Barring a miracle, I don't know if I'll be able to play this league if it comes back because it's awesome. :(

Well clockwise's website: www.pixelpuck.com states there's a 2012 update coming...............Fiddy doesn't say, but I presume as you mentioned clockwise we're talking about the 2011 rom?

no, i meant will there be another season with this 1991 rom edition of nhl 94..

could we get something going?

• 5 years later...

34 minutes ago, clockwise said:

The site is still there. If someone want's to run another season (the updated rom is on pixelpuck, though). Been thinking of taking 91 and pixelpuck.com offline, but haven't had the heart to do it, yet.

I'll be sad to see them go!

Do you have the savestates for nhl91.com? If it disappears, would be good to have them for reuploading to nhl94online.com. And we'll need to save the ROMs on here.

4 hours ago, smozoma said:

I'll be sad to see them go!

Do you have the savestates for nhl91.com? If it disappears, would be good to have them for reuploading to nhl94online.com. And we'll need to save the ROMs on here.

Yeah I think the saves from the two seasons are still up there. The db still shows the stats from the last playoffs when AJ beat Freydey. I was just going to throw everything from the sites on dropbox, or something, in case anyone wanted to use some of the assets. 

19 minutes ago, clockwise said:

Yeah I think the saves from the two seasons are still up there. The db still shows the stats from the last playoffs when AJ beat Freydey. I was just going to throw everything from the sites on dropbox, or something, in case anyone wanted to use some of the assets. 

Cool, that'd work. The site's amazing, can't lose it

7 hours ago, clockwise said:

The site is still there. If someone want's to run another season (the updated rom is on pixelpuck, though). Been thinking of taking 91 and pixelpuck.com offline, but haven't had the heart to do it, yet.

nhl91.com is a superb site bud. I love going back and re-visiting it from time to time.

Thanks Hali & Smoz.

A part of me feels guilty that I spent so much time on that site when I could have contributed more towards advancing the game, seeing as I only got two seasons out of all that went into it. But the player bios and the game 6 video are the two best things on the site, imo. Couldn't have done it without Smoz and his db, though.

My plan was to have the same type of league setup for pixelpuck, only with better visuals. I wanted to have current roster updates playable, and the saves states uploaded on the website in the same browser window from the homepage and have a chat lobby, but I don't have the time. I'm sure this can be done - not necessarily easily, but done -  with HTML5, now.

Don't know if Evan would be interested in making a nhl91 subdomain, like nhlpa93 has (I lost the ftp password to those pages so I can't update them). But maybe that could be an option?

12 hours ago, clockwise said:

Thanks Hali & Smoz.

A part of me feels guilty that I spent so much time on that site when I could have contributed more towards advancing the game, seeing as I only got two seasons out of all that went into it. But the player bios and the game 6 video are the two best things on the site, imo. Couldn't have done it without Smoz and his db, though.

My plan was to have the same type of league setup for pixelpuck, only with better visuals. I wanted to have current roster updates playable, and the saves states uploaded on the website in the same browser window from the homepage and have a chat lobby, but I don't have the time. I'm sure this can be done - not necessarily easily, but done -  with HTML5, now.

Don't know if Evan would be interested in making a nhl91 subdomain, like nhlpa93 has (I lost the ftp password to those pages so I can't update them). But maybe that could be an option?

The one issue with doing a subdomain... the nhl91 site is ASP, not sure it's supported by the nhl94 site host (without extra costs)