NHL'94 Forums

keyboard issue?

kpross

Hi,

I'm new to the league and I am having some troubles. After downloading the gen and attempting to play, I am unable to use the keyboard as controls. I am able to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. alt-enter:fullscreen) however, I am unable to do the basic controls; up, down, left, right ect. No buttons seem be configured for these operations (the text-help guide says these are all default control options). However, not for me. I have since updated my directx drive and reinstalled the gens... anyone have any suggestions?

Kevin

im: NYknucklehead

I know a few guys who play using keyboard, but I don't, so don't know what more information I can give him. If we could help this guy out, as he's very eager to start in the league. Lets get him started & add another to the community

All set boys, thanks for the help.

The problem was the download file from the site. I originally downloaded the gens and game from a link in "getting started". When you click on this link, it takes you to a blank page and automatically starts the download. For some reason the keyboard controls are flawed in this download which includes the gen and nhl 94 in a single file.

I only know this, because I went to the main content page for downloads on the site and downloaded the gens and nhl 94 seperately, bam! Keyboard controls worked as should.

But thanks for the team effort. Looking forward to playing some nhl 94!