NHL'94 Forums

GENS REPLACEMENTS

LA Robbie

Hi all,

OK, we're a couple of days past the 18 game deadline now, so here is the list of available teams, or the guys who have failed to meet the deadline.

You all know how it works. If you're behind & you contact me on AIM (Gretzkyonacold) we can agree to when you're going to get on and play your games. If I don't hear from you, sorry, but your place is getting offered up i'm afraid.

I have a couple of guys waiting to get controllers so the can enter C. I'm sure there's going to be no shortage of volunteers for the places in A. If people want to state their desire to be a replacement please state your intention in this thread, but please don't specify your preference of team. Myself, Chaos & Halifax will decide who goes into which league.

I haven't included replacement guys who are catching up in the list, as obviously they're coming from behind.........so to speak :unsure:

AVAILABLE TEAMS (I will contact guys to offer the place first. They won't be given out on a first-come, first-served basis)

GENS A - HARTFORD (6-8) Edit - Kupuck takes them

TEAMS BEHIND THE 18 GAME DEADLINE

GENS A - BUFFALO (Vocally Caged) 10 games short. What's happening please? Edit - Tells me he's playing some 2morrow

GENS A - CHICAGO (Flasox) 5 games short. Edit - Has let me know he'll be catching up. Thanks!

GENS A - TORONTO (Angryjay) 2 games short

GENS B - QUEBEC (Logan) 1 game short. We have games scheduled tonight. I know you're catching up. No problem

GENS C - TORONTO (Brouss20) 6 games short. Edit - Played 4 last night

GENS C - QUEBEC (Ircstone) 5 games short. Edit - Spoke today. Will be getting caught up this week

GENS C - NY RANGERS (Dinoverse1) 2 games short. Edit - Played a bunch. Thanks!

GENS C - PITTSBURGH (Tecmobrowns) 2 games short. Congrats on ur 1st win. Can you get caught up this week please!

Morning Everyone,

OK, today is the 24 game checkpoint. Here are the guys most behind & the situation regards to replacing them. The GENS guys have been given a lot more chances to catch up than in SNES, so no one can complain if they end up replaced tomorrow (Tuesday 4th October).

GENS A (Really don't want to replace A guys, as the quality suffers, but if we have to, we have to)

BUFFALO - Vocally Caged - 8 games played. We know you've had serious computer problems, but you know today is the limit to get a load played please.

CHICAGO - Flasox24 - 16 games played. U didn't get as many played this week as you suggested. Please get a bunch in this week.

TORONTO - Angryjay - 18 games played. Spoke yesterday - Need to play a heap of games this week to get close to the 30 games checkpoint please.

GENS B

QUEBEC - Logan - 17 games played. Sorry mate, but a load of guys are just waiting on you. If you don't get a bunch played today you WILL be replaced in the morning. Don't want to do it 'cos you're having a great season, but you're looking at missing 2 checkpoints now.

GENS C

QUEBEC - Ircstone - 13 games played. I know you said you were going to try to play over the weekend, but nothings happened. Sorry but you will be replaced in the morning if you haven't played a load today.

PITTSBURGH - Tecmobrowns - 16 Games played. Haven't played for ages & haven't replied to my AIM. You will be replaced tomorrow if you haven't played.

TORONTO - Brouss20 - 16 games played. You played some this week. Please step it up this week to get near the 30 game checkpoint please.

Thanks guys. Hope you can do it. Really hate replacing guys, but rules are rules!

Whoops, I'm behind.

No time to play tonight, but I'll see who I can find Tuesday and the rest of the week and try to vault ahead of the next deadline way early..

Update - Logan has got on & played 3 games 2nite in GENS B. He's bought himself a little time. Everything depends on whether he gets some games in over the next few days.

Sorry to the long line of guys that expressed an interest in his team, including one who was actually set to be confirmed with them in the morning! lol

Like I said, we'll see how things go over the next couple of days. He was strapped in the chair having his last rights read when the reprieve came through..............but he's still on death row as it stands!

Hey Guys,

So today (Monday) is the 30 game checkpoint, and unfortunately it looks like a number of guys have begun to lag.

GENS B continues to fly the flag for GENS. Pretty much everyone above the checkpoint, and not 1 single replacement all season so far.

This is the situation guys: GENS B players will be used to replace guys in C, and in A if necessary. Halifax will of course have the last word on whether a B guy who plays in C can progress to the C playoffs. I would suggest that wouldn't be the case, but if we need B players to move down to get C played, so be it.

If you want to message me on AIM: Gretzkyonacold

GENS A

BUFFALO (VOCALLY CAGED) - 21 Games played. Thanks for getting lots played last week. Please do the same again this week!

DALLAS (SEBE82) - 24 Games played. 6 short. Please pick it up

CHICAGO (FLASOX24) - 25 Games played. Caught up a little last week. Please keep it up

NY RANGERS (SWOS) - 27 Games played

TORONTO (ANGRY JAY) - 27 Games played

GENS B

QUEBEC (LOGAN) - 23 Games played. You haven't played all week. Sorry mate, but you need to pull some games out. I'll give you until Wednesday but you need to get caught up. There's a long line of C guys dying to have your place!

TORONTO (SMOZOMA) - 23 Games. I know you've been busy getting the Blitz rom & league sorted. No worries. I'm sure you'll get caught up

CHICAGO (PEARATE) - 27 Games

DETROIT (KUPUCK) - 28 Games

GENS C - Problems here guys. People WILL BE REPLACED

DETROIT (NYKNUCKLEPUCK) - 16 Games played. I know you came in as a replacement, but you're way behind mate. Pick it up in the next couple of days or i'll have to replace you

TORONTO (BROUSS20) - 18 Games played. You've been behind since the start mate. As with Knucklepuck. Get some serious games posted in the next couple of days or you'll be replaced

CHICAGO (ORANGEBLACK) - 21 Games played. 9 behind mate. need to pick it up quick please

NY RANGERS (DINOVERSE1) - 22 Games played. You haven't played for a while now. If some games aren't posted in the next couple of days you'll be replaced

CALGARY (NVSHULTZ1325) - 22 Games played. Looks like you've quit mate? If I haven't seen some games played in the next couple of days i'll take 'em.

PITTSBURGH (CJGARNET) - 24 Games played. Thanks for getting caught up since coming in, and posting some great results.

QUEBEC (BILLYDICE) - 25 Games played. Thanks for doing a great job since coming in last week. Keep it up mate.

HARTFORD (REMZLAB) - 27 Games played. Just a touch behind. Please catch up this week.

Hi Guys,

We're at the 36 checkpoint. Including today (Tuesday) you've got 7 days to reach the 40. Here are the guys who need to step it up. There's no more chances to finish after this week!

There have been a number of changes in B & C this week. Recent changes are not included in this list of who needs to catch up.

GENS A I've said before I was reluctant to make changes in A so as not to adversely effect the quality, but we're at the point now where if changes need to be made to get it done, they will be.

BUFFALO (Vocally Caged) - 21 games played, 19 to play - You said you're getting on tonight? If you haven't blasted out a good 10-12 games today it looks like time mate. sorry

DALLAS (Sebe82) - 27 games played, 13 to play - You played a few yesterday. Need to start hammering the games out today & tomorrow please.

EDMONTON (Icestorm) - 28 games played, 12 games to play - Haven't played for a while. Get some in today & tomorrow please or we'll make the change.

NEW YORK RANGERS (Swos) - 31 games played, 9 games to play

CALGARY (Carse) - 32 games played, 8 to play

TORONTO (Angryjay) - 32 games played, 8 to play

GENS B

CALGARY (Eggink) - 32 games played, 8 to play. Also have to finish up in C

DETROIT (Kupuck) - 33 games played, 7 to play. Have to finish in A too.

GENS C

TORONTO (Brouss) - 26 games played, 14 to play. Please get some in today & tomorrow or i'll have to make a change.

DETROIT (NYKnucklepuck) - 28 games played, 12 to play. Good job since coming in. Just step it up this week please!

PHILADELPHIA (Hackles) - 30 games played, 10 to play. Step it up this week to get finished please mate!

PITTSBURGH (Cjgarnet) - 30 games played, 10 to play. Thanks for playing loads since coming in. Keep it going this week!

CHICAGO (Orangeblack) - 32 games played, 8 to play. Just step it up a little to get finished & secure that 4th seed spot.

Please get on it guys. Snes replacements have been pretty much zero tolerance. Gens guys have been given plenty of opportunities. Please get your seasons finished as i'd rather not replace guys in the final week. Thanks

I had a crazy lag last night -- should be available to finish up games weekday nights and during the weekend. Already spoke with Rammer - I have 5 games to finish with him in B so I should be able to get caught up no problem.

To all GENS guys,

Heading into the weekend, and the final 3.5 days of the league season, these are the guys most behind. Obviously this late in the day changes are not particularly wanted, but if a guy is miles behind, and hasn't contacted me to let me know what's happening he may still be replaced.

GENS A

BUFFALO (VOCALLY CAGED) - 29 games played - Hope you can get your CPU problems sorted out. Please get some more in soon!

DALLAS (SEBE82) - 29 games played - Spoke the other day. Hope you can get hold of the guys you have left in the next couple of days

EDMONTON (Icestormnhl94) - 30 games played - Played a couple the other day. Need to get a few more in now

CALGARY (CARSE) - 32 games played

GENS B - No worries in B. B league has clearly rocked GENS this season. Only 2 replacements all season! Great stuff.

DETROIT (KUPUCK) - 33 games played - That's right. The one "worry" in B has played 33 games!

GENS C - Thanks to the new guys & replacements in C who have done an awesome job catching up this week!

DETROIT (NYKNUCKLEPUCK) - 28 games played - ProBob is on standby to get Detroit's season finished. Get some played today (Friday) please!

TORONTO (BROUSS) - 28 games played - You've been playing regularly each week, but just not enough. Please step it up & get your season finished. I'll be on all night tonight, or tomorrow afternoon to play the games we have.

PHILADELPHIA (HACKLES/BUCKINGHAM) - 30 games played - Please step it up & get your season finished. As above, i'll be on & available for our game over the weekend

Thanks guys!

Hey all,

Today is the last day to get your 40 games completed.

just wanna say a number of those guys who have yet to finish are guys that either assured me they were continuing, or even went as far criticising the suggestion they could be replaced.

I took you on your words and didn't replace guys it now looks like I should have, so please fulfil your commitment to the league & the community today.

Respect the game, the league & the other players. You should be here for the game & the community, not the other way around.

If I may add my two cents...anybody who doesn't get their games in should be ashamed, unless a rocket hit their house or something, because just about everything else happened to me. Here's a rough timeline of events.

August 1: Moved into a new apartment, found out I couldn't get the same FiOs Internet I had, was slightly worried but knew DSL worked fine the last time I had it.

August 8: DSL modem arrives, I install it, it works fine.

August 15: I begin a full-time job that along with going to school full-time takes up all of my time that I'm not sleeping away.

August 30: After a week of not being able to connect to servers to play 2on2 and thinking nothing of it, I realize this is a bigger problem than just a few 2on2 servers not connecting, and I can't connect to any servers anymore due to outrageously high ping that came seemingly out of nowhere.

Late September: After leaving Bo's old laptop at his place because I have hardly any time to play at home anyway and have to use his connection, I realize I've broken it and now have no computer OR a good enough connection to play.

October, last week: I go to Bo's to play, stopping for a few hours to attend a funeral, then returning to his apartment. Then after repeated calls to Verizon to fix my connection after I finally found all the pieces to my 8 year old desktop that has frighteningly low RAM in it, and the guy who answers the phone noticing "major problems" with my connection, a tech comes out to look at it and can't find anything wrong.

Yesterday: While drinking and watching the Steelers game on TV, I manage to get in all the games I couldn't get in at Bo's house, today I'm buying RAM for the desktop, Wednesday I should get a new modem from Verizon, and hopefully this nightmare will be over.

If I may add my two cents...anybody who doesn't get their games in should be ashamed, unless a rocket hit their house or something, because just about everything else happened to me. Here's a rough timeline of events.

August 1: Moved into a new apartment, found out I couldn't get the same FiOs Internet I had, was slightly worried but knew DSL worked fine the last time I had it.

August 8: DSL modem arrives, I install it, it works fine.

August 15: I begin a full-time job that along with going to school full-time takes up all of my time that I'm not sleeping away.

August 30: After a week of not being able to connect to servers to play 2on2 and thinking nothing of it, I realize this is a bigger problem than just a few 2on2 servers not connecting, and I can't connect to any servers anymore due to outrageously high ping that came seemingly out of nowhere.

Late September: After leaving Bo's old laptop at his place because I have hardly any time to play at home anyway and have to use his connection, I realize I've broken it and now have no computer OR a good enough connection to play.

October, last week: I go to Bo's to play, stopping for a few hours to attend a funeral, then returning to his apartment. Then after repeated calls to Verizon to fix my connection after I finally found all the pieces to my 8 year old desktop that has frighteningly low RAM in it, and the guy who answers the phone noticing "major problems" with my connection, a tech comes out to look at it and can't find anything wrong.

Yesterday: While drinking and watching the Steelers game on TV, I manage to get in all the games I couldn't get in at Bo's house, today I'm buying RAM for the desktop, Wednesday I should get a new modem from Verizon, and hopefully this nightmare will be over.

You would be hard pressed to come up with an excuse that can top this. You had me at Aug 15.

Nice comeback, btw, to make the playoffs!

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online