NHL'94 Forums

Halifax is in the....Goo.

halifax

Ola SNES A1 buds,

Before the season started, I was rarin to go, only to find out my wife had packed my contoller in storage and didn't know which box it was in. So instead of spending time looking for it, I ordered one off the net. It was to arrive in 8 to 14 business days. Of course it took all 14 business days. Right around the time i was getting my controller the PC went kaput. I don't know how to fix it. I can't even run a boot disc...somethings is f'd. So then i figured I'd buy the VMware fusion thing that ipfreely was talking about and install the pc software of my computer MAC laptop. Then i found out that the software requires 10.6 OS and I have 10.5.8. Garbage balls. Also I didnt know that the windows 7 cd I got with the sony laptop is only good for the sony laptop so ti wouldn't have even worked anyways.

So buds. I'm tired of all this horsesh*t thats been going on. Brain can't handle it any more. I'll replace myself tonight with the great bud, RC69fabulous, as I've left you guys hangin long enough.

What's the symptom of the kaput computer?

msg me on AIM i guess, and I'll see what I can come up with!

PS: i still seem to be winning in # of posts!

mmmm...it was intermittently crashing....not sure when made it occur...i ran virus checker found nothing....then it started crashing even quicker....and i was running the system check or whatever its called when it first boots up...and that seemed to correct a few things...or so it indicated...but now i cant even boot it...even from a cd

so im thinking perhaps its hardware issue.

no idea bud

i see you are winning in posts...i will post 400 times tonight about why you should be banned from this site.

mmmm...it was intermittently crashing....not sure when made it occur...i ran virus checker found nothing....then it started crashing even quicker....and i was running the system check or whatever its called when it first boots up...and that seemed to correct a few things...or so it indicated...but now i cant even boot it...even from a cd

so im thinking perhaps its hardware issue.

no idea bud

i see you are winning in posts...i will post 400 times tonight about why you should be banned from this site.

Yeah, hardware issue I guess... hard drive or RAM would be my guess.

Your problem is that you were using Windows.

Anyway, you can use Fusion in 10.5.8 no problem, probably just not a new version. Try grabbing Fusion 3.x: http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/fus_313/ZGpkYnR3aiViZGhAaA==

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I download that version, dont i still need a disc to install windows on my computer? all i have is a disk for windows 7 for the sony vaio which i was told...is only good for the sony vaio.

maybe if you lived in a location other than Nastysnatchentucky, Canadia, you would have the luxury of doing something about it. your nuclear science degree is going to waste. your Ninety Flow reputation rating is changing!

If Fusion costs money, try VirualBox for free..

If they SAY the disc only works on Viao.. well.. give it a go anyway :)

Worth a shot, but for it's worth Windows restore discs that come with specific laptops ARE for only that laptop/computer. It's great when you have to restore for the specific computer (no need to find your product key, etc), but not so great for sharing. :(

If Fusion costs money, try VirualBox for free..

If they SAY the disc only works on Viao.. well.. give it a go anyway :)

Fusion does cost money, but it's a lot better than virtualbox for this kind of thing.

Anyway, yes you still need a win7 disc, which is easy to get ;)