NHL'94 Forums

Test Game

billydice

Any tec savvy guys got any suggestions here?

Got him set up with hamachi etc, he's allowed hamachi & gens through his firewall. When he hosts a game I join, and when we both click "ready" it says "loading donut" or whatever, but then nothing & the game doesn't start.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps his router firewall?

Suggestions from anyone with more knowledge than me please!

Any tec savvy guys got any suggestions here?

Got him set up with hamachi etc, he's allowed hamachi & gens through his firewall. When he hosts a game I join, and when we both click "ready" it says "loading donut" or whatever, but then nothing & the game doesn't start.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps his router firewall?

Suggestions from anyone with more knowledge than me please!

As with what Robbie is saying -- went through everything again from scratch. He can join servers, but the game crashes when we start. In P2P, either person hosts, crash when start. My guess is it's something part of the security settings in Trend Micro (anyone else use this, have experience?), but don't know for sure. Win 7, and he can play the game vs. computer no problem. Just crashes the moment we try to start an online game.

so frustrating!

I think this means the emulator can't find the ROM? although, if he can connect to server games, maybe i'm wrong.

if the issue is that it can't find the rom, then here is the solution:

one-time thing: open the emulator. open the ROM you want to play. close the emulator. now the emulator knows where the ROM is.

now whenever you try to play p2p, it should work (don't need to open the rom ahead of time again).

I think this means the emulator can't find the ROM? although, if he can connect to server games, maybe i'm wrong.

one-time thing: open the emulator. open the ROM you want to play. close the emulator. now the emulator knows where the ROM is.

now whenever you try to play p2p, it should work (don't need to open the rom ahead of time again).

No, when I tried with him it said nhl94 in the game bar at the top, and got all the way to "muffin loaded. loading donut" or whatever the hell it says. Just after that it didn't load up all the numbers & calculated ping info etc that u get just before the game starts

I went through those steps and he's able to play the ROM vs. the computer. Although, we did start from scratch, so maybe we should try those steps again.