NHL'94 Forums

Challenge

Ace McGee

I'm issuing a friendly challenge to all of my fellow 94 addicts. If anyone can defeat my friend Eric in a 7 game series on Genesis or SNES we will pay for your flight or gas money to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, but if you lose, you have to pay us the equivalent value. Hit me up on AOL or shoot me an email if you are interested.

AIM: AceMcGee24

email: mikesweeney24@hotmail.com

P.S. Anyone who thinks Bourque is better than Sweeney on the Genesis is insane

I'm issuing a friendly challenge to all of my fellow 94 addicts. If anyone can defeat my friend Eric in a 7 game series on Genesis or SNES we will pay for your flight or gas money to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, but if you lose, you have to pay us the equivalent value. Hit me up on AOL or shoot me an email if you are interested.

So hang on, you expect everyone to gamble triple the amount of money as you and your friend Eric effectively are?

For example:

Challenger to Pittsburgh cost $80 +

Challenger return home cost $80 +

Challenger cost if they lose the series $80 = $240 risk

If the challenger wins, so they win $80 (flight or gas money to Pittsburgh). It'll cost them that to get home again, meaning they are still out of pocket $80 all up for the experience.

Mind you if you thinks thats fair, I'll over you they same conditions if you want to come challenge me. I live in Australia! :D;)

Well you are wrong in saying that it is triple the cost as I was assuming your ticket to be round trip...but you would have to pay extra....so i will change the challenge....so we will pay the ticket fee and in addition give you the ticket fee in cash

Challenger Round Trip ticket 160

If he wins ticket zero + 160

if he loses he owes 160 + 160 ticket fee

net loss 320 for both

That seems to sound a little more fair to me....sorry bout the original deal

net loss 320 for both

Well considering time is effectively equal to money, and people are inconveniencing themselves to come challenge you both in your state, you should offer some additional incentive/penalty to yourself if you loose, e.g. 20% of net loss bonus payout to the challenger. Making the example a payout of a $384 in total if you guys loose.

Honestly guys what it comes down to is friendly 94. It really shouldn't be an inconveniance since i would assume people on this site are probably some of the best 94 players around....I figured you would be interested in playing another of the best players at the game. If it's such an inconvenience and so difficult to get out and have a good time.. don't, but i think that was a pretty fair deal.. if you win you get a free trip and bonus money which is equal to your ticket cost...if you lose you get a trip to play someone who is damn good at the game apparently and you lose what we would lose if you win.......but it's cool...im sorry that i offended your skills at the game though...if that's what you think.....but im disappointed no one wants to play

hey I live in Toronto and i might be coming for a penguins game soon and theres no way u could take me in a 7 game series of nhl94 ...i play 1 line no rules of course but iam flexble except 4 offisides ......and i figued it cost me about 80$ to get there plus lodging maybe that would nice for u to pay that ....sounds good to me .....and dont back out now cause iam canadian and u have no chance against me ......i play on genesis and sweeney is way better than bourque ....

hey I live in Toronto and i might be coming for a penguins game soon and theres no way u could take me in a 7 game series of nhl94 ...i play 1 line no rules of course but iam flexble except 4 offisides ......and i figued it cost me about 80$ to get there plus lodging maybe that would nice for u to pay that ....sounds good to me .....and dont back out now cause iam canadian and u have no chance against me ......i play on genesis and sweeney is way better than bourque ....

Where the hell have you been, anyway?

hey this challenge thing is picking up... We need to get some specs out on the table... I wonder what teams these guys use? Toronto... what are you goin to a penguins game for? because they are gonna be better than the leafs haha...

I know some1 that scored a lot of goals in a 20 minute game... 91 to be exact, hopefully this attachment thing works...

post-71-1125883086_thumb.jpg

I bet he could kick some ass...

Toronto... what are you goin to a penguins game for? because they are gonna be better than the leafs haha...

I would bet he's going to see Crosby play with the most improved NHL team.

Just a thought guys, why don't you try playing people online through the emulator? If SNES is your game, the Snes9x emulator works great, though I'm not a big fan of the SNES version.

I'm sure someday in the future we'll have an NHL94 fest somewhere in the world.

-Evan

im going to have to side with you evan on the going to see crosby...and as for having someone play against us isn't a gambling issue. The only reason that there is even money involved is because i think it would suck for someone to pay to go kick someone's ass at 94....but if we're going to pay for a ticket...and risk the ticket money....so should the challenger......and as for the name ace mcgee...i can most certainly gurantee you that the nickname ive had since high school.....is not because im a gambler or a hustler.....as for emulators..i really am not good at games on computers and don't know what's out there for genesis controllers for my comp...but i was looking to figure out some of these updated games and stuff...... Finally i'd like to say that for about 8 years eric has been saying that he'd love to play someone as good as him at nhl94 and play him......i figured through this challenge that would be possible.......take it easy guys...and again..im sorry if my challenge offended you guys...im guessin im least popular in the forum area.....later

Hey Ace,

I think everyone on the forum means well and no negative intentions are meant. I always encourage people to sign up on the site with challenges, etc. so don't take your challenge as a failure.

Hopefully you'll find a couple people that may be interested, and then you should work out the details through IM or email (though if you want to do that on this forum, that's fine). Sounds like Kgman would meet in person for some '94 action. Most of us are pretty busy people from what I gather.

If you wanted to play others in '94, the best way would be on an emulator. Yes, it's not exactly the same game, but my experiences have been just as much fun playing online (on the Gens emulator) vs. playing on a console. It takes a little getting used to, but so does everything. Hey, if you wanted to play a SNES '94 game online vs. me I'd do it, even though I've never played a SNES game online before.

Anyway I just wanted to throw in my opinions to assure you you're not the "least popular in the forum area".

-Evan

im going to have to side with you evan on the going to see crosby...and as for having someone play against us isn't a gambling issue.  The only reason that there is even money involved is because i think it would suck for someone to pay to go kick someone's ass at 94....but if we're going to pay for a ticket...and risk the ticket money....so should the challenger......and as for the name ace mcgee...i can most certainly gurantee you that the nickname ive had since high school.....is not because im a gambler or a hustler.....as for emulators..i really am not good at games on computers and don't know what's out there for genesis controllers for my comp...but i was looking to figure out some of these updated games and stuff...... Finally i'd like to say that for about 8 years eric has been saying that he'd love to play someone as good as him at nhl94 and play him......i figured through this challenge that would be possible.......take it easy guys...and again..im sorry if my challenge offended you guys...im guessin im least popular in the forum area.....later

Hey guys I love this forum... Evan you sound like a great dude. I am more into the sega version myself. I don tknow about the computer play, maybe something will break with the PS2 when that comes out with 06. Yeah Evan we do need to organize a huge 94 bash somewhere this spring during playoff hockey. And I was just making a crack at toronto cause I know canadians are crazy about hockey. Im sure its to come and see the best young talent play with the best player of all time (Mario Lemieux) It should make for a fun and exciting season for us here in pitt. I cant wait till october 5th. And to Ace... who Ive known for a while, theres no way you are least popular, you are awesome for trying to unite great 94 talent to compete. see you guys - Sifty

dude, your offer is quite fair/acceptable... I was just trying to see how much you'd be milked for if pushed. You haven't offended anyones skills in your posts, nor do I think you have offended anyone with your offer. As as for my last post, it was just a light hearted joke... you seriously think I'd though you where a NHL94 huster? :D I'd hoped the ;) at the end would make that complete clear to you, but obviously not. No drama.

Thanks for the history leason in attempt to defend yourself "Ace"! ;) ;)

No after reading some of kgman's posts, and the responses i figured you guys on this site gotta be pretty cool.....i mean come on....we all love nhl 94 so no one here can really be that bad...no need to clarify..but thanks anyway....and im glad you think the offer is fair- Ace

come on out buddy... cause we are amazing and I heard ace is taking challengers

That sifty27 guy is right.....I'm taking challengers you just tell me the date and get out here....you just send me an email...hit me up on AIM...or we can set it up on here...either is fine

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Age Mcgee Ive finally decided which game im gonna see Tampa vs Pit on OCT 15 sat............when i win this challange this will add to my great legacy as the best ever to play the game my greatest is time tested and world renound .........for u to play me is an honour and when u pay me consider it an appearance fee and not gambling ...if an american could ever beat my in orginal nhl94 best of 7 i would give them my new orleans shirt that i made oh yeah and never play nhl94 again .........thank you its been an pleasure for u to read my post

• 4 weeks later...
can we get an upadate on this "ultimate challenge match"? did it go down? what was the result? for his sake, i hope kgman won, because it would be very humiliating to lose after that much trash talk.

hahaha! no kidding. And listen up you crazy, cocky Canuk! If you were to ever play me in NHL'94, let's just say you wouldn't be playing ever again... just like you said.

• 1 month later...
...Hey Age Mcgee Ive finally decided which game im gonna see Tampa vs Pit on OCT 15 sat............when i win this challange this will add to my great legacy as the best ever to play the game my greatest is time tested and world renound...
Hey KG, it is blueapricot here (yes, I am aqualizard too).

Since we are both Torontonians, we should try and hook up over Christmas for some games. My buddy and me are off work now until early January.

Email me at blueapricot416 at hotmail.com!

Take it easy!