NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 on carts?! anyone interested?

NHL on Carts  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in carts being made? If so, which...

• Gens
    • SNES
    • Not Interested

Do you mean creating an actual cartridge for the game to be played on a console? I assume this would be with whatever edited rom we would provide?

quite. I'd pay up to $10 (inclusive of all costs and expenses, but without labels or boxes) each for a bunch of regular grey SNES carts with hacked ROMs reformatted back onto them or up to $20 for one.

yes.. these roms posted on this site onto an actual cart to play on your own system.

games with be cleaned (cart itself and actual connector)

laminated custom printed label

Edited by DynamiteSJ

games with be cleaned (cart itself and actual connector)...and serviceable eprom for future updates

I wouldn't want labels, necessarily. I don't understand the parts I quoted. your English makes me question your location... would there be shipping costs, too? why are updates any easier?

i dont have any made yet.. just checking the forums interest in it...

Also waiting for 2012 since they should be out soon

Its not worth ordering eproms in a small order. Depends on type of demand i could order a bulk order and make it worthwhile.

- D

I hope this comes through.

Maybe its just me, but theres nothing like playing NHL94 on the original system, with the original controller, on a TV.

Dont get me wrong playing through emulators on the comp is fun but its not the same.

Keep me updated.

Im very interested.

yeah, DSJ, you should give us your email address in case you forget about us.

I haven't forgotten... I just ordered a few and will get a demo up shortly. One problem is I don't own a SNES... Always been a Sega guy... Trying to get my hands on my buddy system for demo and testing.

- D

Unfortunately i got a cold that I am getting over but I was able to complete a SNES game and it worked like a charm. Here is a few pics of the cart

temporary-1.jpg

temporary.jpg

pics were taken from my cell phone.

Edited by DynamiteSJ

Thanks.. Nothing like playing it on the actual SNES/Gens hardware.

Also... NHL94 is in more demand and it should be.. but if anyone wants NHL97 2011 (with season mode).. or any other SNES/Gens rom.. let me know

Edited by DynamiteSJ

Unfortunately no. With these carts, the roms are stored on an eprom. For you to be able to change and update the rom you would need to have an eprom eraser and programmer. What i can do is, install a socket on the cart so you can swap out the chip execpt getting individual carts.

What i can do is, install a socket on the cart so you can swap out the chip execpt getting individual carts

I'm not sure I understand that part though... But thanks anyway.

It seems a bit too complicated for me considering the amount of time I have for this sort of stuff.

I already have a whole bunch of 'geeky' projects on my hands... My girlfriend would kill at some point if I go too far.

But still.. Nice work by the way.

Edited by polyartseyev