NHL'94 Forums

a few new to site questions

-franchise-

I found this site via knobbe (Tecmo Super Bowl) & I had a few questions

Are there any 95 or newer roms for SNES/Genesis that have 95 or older rosters? (improved via hack or in original condition) I used to love playing w/ the Nords & Whalers on my Genesis & I would like to do it again.

What kind of hacks are done to the games here? Are they mostly for looks or is there a lot that can be done for game play upgrades?

Edited by -franchise-

For info '95 roms, check the '95 forum and see what is in there. I believe there's a few hacks in there.

as for '94 roms...there's lot to choose from (most of it found in the editing roms and downloads sections).

I've only been at this for about a month, and I'm strictly a Genesis player right now. The coolest ROMs I've seen are:

• 2011 Playoff Edition (with modern rosters, modern graphics / jerseys, and altered gameplay)
  • 1991 Edition (with 1991 rosters, graphics / jerseys, and altered gameplay)
  • 2 on 2 Edition (Two players on each team plus a goalie. Great for 4 player all human action. Also cool because you play with all-time great players and retro graphics / jerseys.)

Most ROMs on this website are based on NHL '94, which is considered by most of us to be the most fun hockey video game ever made.

As Halifax said, you should poke around the forum for more info.

What kind of hacks are done to the games here? Are they mostly for looks or is there a lot that can be done for game play upgrades?

If you mean by gameplay upgrades being able to change the players skills attributes you can through a program called NOSE which is in the downloads section I think, there were a couple leagues run with all attributes turned up like SNES juice lg and cap lg, game play is a lot faster which is a ton of fun IMO