NHL'94 Forums

Gens '12 Team selections

PRoBob38

iceguy i got an eye abraesion (scratch to the eyeball) should be healed up quickly tho.

as for logging stats - I advocate for save states or nothing... cant deny it was kinda a pain last season, all that really got recorded were goals and assists and come playoff time not too many guys did it. itll be hard to get every stat and have them be accurate w/o savestates, plus it makes a little extra to log afterwards... didnt mind doing it since thats how things were being done but i honestly think it could be just as fun of a league with uploading the scores leaving out the stats. just my two cents.

PS LET THE HOULIANOV PLAYS - he learned his lesson.

Edited by kupuck19

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think stats should be optional. If you want it great, if not no big deal. Just inform your opponent prior to the game that you will be recording stats for your own team.

Personally since this isn't a league with consistent players or a website like GDL or Blitz I think there really isn't a need for stats. Just my take..

And even though Houli is one of the biggest dicks on the forum I think he should be able to play since he actually will play all his games in a timely manner. Just block him on AIM like I do and that solves a lot of problems, lol

Google Docs has gotten a lot better since I last visited! I created a sample of what I was talking about. This is a simple 3 team (NYR, VAN, BOS) schedule, where each team plays two home and two away vs each other. You'll see a tab for each team, with the games listed on top. Simply type in the goals and assists for your team for the game. The results and standings will update automatically. I think you should be able to edit the document if you enter with the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEmEQH4fNGPdDJnOUFxU1RvM3VZdEo1d3lDR0FIWnc

This was pretty easy to create, and could probably be improved with some more thought. I find this easy to update, but I also understand that I'm more familiar with spreadsheets than the norm.

We can still post final scores as a check, because there will be input errors, formula errors, potential vandalism, etc. as this will be open to everyone.

Thoughts, suggestions, criticisms all appreciated!

Google Docs has gotten a lot better since I last visited! I created a sample of what I was talking about. This is a simple 3 team (NYR, VAN, BOS) schedule, where each team plays two home and two away vs each other. You'll see a tab for each team, with the games listed on top. Simply type in the goals and assists for your team for the game. The results and standings will update automatically. I think you should be able to edit the document if you enter with the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEmEQH4fNGPdDJnOUFxU1RvM3VZdEo1d3lDR0FIWnc

This was pretty easy to create, and could probably be improved with some more thought. I find this easy to update, but I also understand that I'm more familiar with spreadsheets than the norm.

We can still post final scores as a check, because there will be input errors, formula errors, potential vandalism, etc. as this will be open to everyone.

Pretty cool. Can you get GF/GA in the standings?

Excel has a function COUNTIFS (with an S at the end) that could be useful for that. Not sure if Google Docs supports it..

Pretty cool. Can you get GF/GA in the standings?

Excel has a function COUNTIFS (with an S at the end) that could be useful for that. Not sure if Google Docs supports it..

I think if everyone agreed to this, I'm pretty sure I can get those stats in. Either through the countifs function, or some other way if Google docs doesn't support it. Same with getting a league leaders in Pts/G, G/G, A/G, etc. sheet for both teams and players.

I'm sold!

If Boston becomes available, they would be my first choice. Colorado is my top choice among the teams currently listed as open.

can i be phoenix? colorado if dawookie gets bos. would also like to be the 14th guy in line for bos in case something crazy happens to everyone else :P

can i be phoenix? colorado if dawookie gets bos. would also like to be the 14th guy in line for bos in case something crazy happens to everyone else :P

Haha yes, if I can keep everything straight. Phoenix, then Colorado, then Boston...

• 1 month later...

Chicago can be had in the A league, since re-installing Windows the 2012 rom has been giving me trouble. All others (blitz,2on2,classic) have been fine.

Good Luck

pearate was able to help fix the problem. all is good. i'll keep my hands on the Hawks!

• 1 month later...

Im down to join and ill be any team plz msg me at alonzi41 thanx save me a spottt!

a little too late now but maybe next season

I WANT IN FOR NEXT SEASON..... plz notify me when regestration is up thank you :)

Hey dude...have you gotten some games in yet? I haven't seen you on AIM at all.

Also, you should note that this is a GENS league...not sure if you play that system too.