NHL'94 Forums

Edmonton (10) vs Winnipeg (7)

Edmonton - 5 @ Winnipeg - 3

Edmonton - 4 @ Winnipeg - 3

Winnipeg - 3 @ Edmonton 2 OT

Winnipeg - 5 @ Edmonton - 6 OT

Edmonton - 6 @ Winnipeg - 5

Edmonton closes out the Jets in 5. Very tough series Hokkee. You hung in there every game. Best game of series was game 3 with hokkee down 2-0 in series refs were very kind to him, had 9:30 of PP time throughout game including the entire OT which lasted 6+ minutes. Oushot me 23-10 and had AZ time advantage of 9:50 to 5minutes.

Choke this :D

Off to Chicago for round 2.

so this begs the question, does the league fix the no bracket fixing thing for speed at this point since the 2nd round is set and no games have been played? fixed bracket is 1v10, 2v9.. other is 1v9 2v10. With no games being played, I think it just makes sense to fix those numbers to reward a top seed, since no time is saved otherwise.

so this begs the question, does the league fix the no bracket fixing thing for speed at this point since the 2nd round is set and no games have been played? fixed bracket is 1v10, 2v9.. other is 1v9 2v10. With no games being played, I think it just makes sense to fix those numbers to reward a top seed, since no time is saved otherwise.

I think what you're essentially trying to say is you'd rather play flasox then freydey? Otherwise why would a multiple title holding vet care who they face and when? If flasox was 1 and Frey 2 would you be complaining as much? Just curious

yeah as 9 seed I should get 2 seed, 10 seed should get 1 seed.. hence why me and frey have a gripe with this system bc we are the 2 guys getting screwed by getting harder opponents than we should

yeah as 9 seed I should get 2 seed, 10 seed should get 1 seed.. hence why me and frey have a gripe with this system bc we are the 2 guys getting screwed by getting harder opponents than we should

How r u getting screwed exactly? If you play the hardest one now and win then the rest should be easy right?

I think what you're essentially trying to say is you'd rather play flasox then freydey? Otherwise why would a multiple title holding vet care who they face and when? If flasox was 1 and Frey 2 would you be complaining as much? Just curious

Your not getting neither me or carse in the 2nd round, is that the reason why your not complaining? Just curious...

:)

I can't imagine the damage this will have on hokkee joystick:) and personal life!!

hehe actually i was sooo mellow and all the games couldve went either way ,but I was just too relaxed and had 500 good chances but maybe smoked 1 too many and let ice put me away .You give ice chance after chance ,eventually he gets that close slapper in a few times too many ,but were ggs.I am sure this isnt the last time we will meet in playoffs,think its 3 times now and first series in gdl he beat me late in gm 7 to put me out when i had super bure.series 2 i recently put him out with super fatties upset late in gm 7 and then this 1 .They were all very fun adn this time i didnt smash my controller hehe

Edited by hokkeefan

I beg to differ - in the other leagues it has save a lot of time. Gens B almost has their finals matchup determined and the finals for SNES B have been determined and guys have been able to continue their 2nd round series in both tournaments while first round matchups were still being played(for example pear and raph were able to start their semi-finals while eggink and i still had yet to play our first round). I guess its just those A LG slackers who cant make it work :P ...

getting screwed = playing top seed when my seeding dictates I should be playing the 2 seed. Of course icestorm isn't mad, he is the guy catching a break (plays 2 seed when his seed dictates he should be playing the 1 seed)

getting screwed = playing top seed when my seeding dictates I should be playing the 2 seed. Of course icestorm isn't mad, he is the guy catching a break (plays 2 seed when his seed dictates he should be playing the 1 seed)

Playing flasox and Chicago over Frey and la is catching a break? I'd say that's that's a toss up right there. I didn't whine when habs took over donnys team at the end of gdl 6 or 7 forget with yzerman when I was a 1seed and habs inherited an 8th seed.

If Halifax and chaos want to change the playoff format in mid stream becuz the 2 guys who have to play each other are wetting their pants then I'm cool with it.

But I do think this was a good idea and agree with vinny.

Btw Frey, I told carse last night I'd rather play you and LA so u can stop thumping ur chest. :P

hehe actually i was sooo mellow and all the games couldve went either way ,but I was just too relaxed and had 500 good chances but maybe smoked 1 too many and let ice put me away .You give ice chance after chance ,eventually he gets that close slapper in a few times too many ,but were ggs.I am sure this isnt the last time we will meet in playoffs,think its 3 times now and first series in gdl he beat me late in gm 7 to put me out when i had super bure.series 2 i recently put him out with super fatties upset late in gm 7 and then this 1 .They were all very fun adn this time i didnt smash my controller hehe

Ya we always. Have super tight fun series. I was kinda in the same mode for our gel series a few months back, but that ended up smarting pretty bad

I'm pretty sure the only midstream change already happened when the format was randomly different come season end..

But since you said that you would prefer to take the match up you deserve, then I don't see what the holdup is. Admins, make this whole fiasco right and give people the opponent their seeds dictates..

Btw Frey, I told carse last night I'd rather play you and LA so u can stop thumping ur chest. :P

Why? It really touches me that youd rather lose to me than to flasox :D

Why? It really touches me that youd rather lose to me than to flasox :D

I'm certainly not pissing myself over my next opponent unlike you guys. So u play now instead of potentially meeting next round based on carses seeding wtf is the big deal?

The arrogance is getting to be a bit underwhelming.

I'm pretty sure the only midstream change already happened when the format was randomly different come season end..

But since you said that you would prefer to take the match up you deserve, then I don't see what the holdup is. Admins, make this whole fiasco right and give people the opponent their seeds dictates..

So what your saying is this mid stream change was a result of Halifax and Chaos getting together at seasons end, working thru the potential scenarios and then determined there was a way to screw Frey and carse by having them meet in round2 instead of possibly round 3?

Ya, that sounds reasonable

Why so serious bro. lolol