NHL'94 Forums

Cancel a slapshot

jeroen

Sometimes when playing NHL 94...I see a player ready to make a slapshot...than a weird sound fx like...fffttt :P

The slapshot just stops.

Is this a well known feature, a bug or something else?

I've seen canceled shots (I don't mean with one-timers), no strange sounds at those times though.. But I've had another strange sound a couple of times lately, it sounds almost like a richochet! How odd is that? :P

I think what you're describing is a fanned shot. There is a whiffing sound the player can't uncork the shot. I don't know that it's a glitch, probably just simulating human error, like a shot that goes wide.

I used to have a video of Bourque doing this... if I can dig it up I'll post it here. This always makes me laugh when it happens.

-Evan

Once in a while I'll wind up for a slap shot and the player will freeze like a statue, the shot *whifff* will cue. Then after about a second or two the player will fire the puck into the stands at like mach 3 :P

Off topic here: I was playing some multi tap online a week or so ago, and the puck was fired from the neutral zone and it landed behind the golie on the goal line, and it just sat there! After about a 3 seconds it poped itself in. :P

I would have made a save state of the replay to make a vid but you can't netplay.

Yeah...it is true that when you time your onetimer wrong...your player looks like a fool. But when the puck DOES reach the player...it gives out an INSANE hard shot.

s**t guys..this game just keeps cool and I never get bored playing it.

s**t guys..this game just keeps cool and I never get bored playing it.

Exactly. It never gets old.

• 2 months later...