NHL'94 Forums

Your thoughts on a Classic Draft League

hokkeefan

This would be a draft league ran by volunteers every season so that it wouldnt be held up or delayed by 1 person.It would be just like the Classic 94 league with just confirming scores and seeing the standings(no player stats).This league would be through an external site similar to classic 94 site but preferrably it would be nice to set up as a selection on the Classic 94 site and ran after spring and classic leagues.

The draft would be be done in the forums like GDL and could use Google spreadsheet to keep track of players picked and team rosters.The draft would be much quicker with 1 hour picks and if you miss a pick time you would be given the highest rated player at the end of the hour and we would move on.(no delays cause 1 guy isn't around)also....after rd 6 it would be 15 minute time limits per pick.

It would be a limit of 7 games a week and 40 games in 40 days.1st week a warning ,2nd week replaced.

There would also be 3 unlimited trades per team.This would include swapping picks.

16-20 coaches would be the goal.Veterans would be given preference to start this league and some of the classic leagues best up and comers to get this league rolling.

We would need at least 2-4 volunteers to run the draft and keep track of rosters with google spreadsheet.I could setup the external site for regular season(mind you it would be a very basic free online league site) UNLESS Halifax and Chaos would evolve classic 94 site and add this to the site to run in between Classic seasons.

Other things to be done would be editing the rom which is really quite fun for the 94 addict

The idea behind this league is that it is community driven and ongoing with no depending on 1 person for these awsome and fun draft leagues.There would be no stats but Classic is ran the same way and seems to be fine with most of the community.

Let me know what you think but we really dont need 500 new ideas for this to go ahead,just very interested coaches and volunteers.

This is just the start of this idea but we could get this going VERY quickly once we know there is interest and competant volunteers.

Great idea. probably tough to start this side of 2012 with Blitz running & 2012 just about to start. Between 2012 league & spring classic would seem perfect timing

There would also be 3 unlimited trades per team.This would include swapping picks.

3 unlimited trades?

does this mean 3 separate trades of any number of players/picks?

Anyway, sounds like a fun/simple league.

3 unlimited trades?

does this mean 3 separate trades of any number of players/picks?

Anyway, sounds like a fun/simple league.

Actually I think unlimited player n picks could cause havoc,probably more like a 4 player and picks maximum per trade

Edited by hokkeefan

Great idea. probably tough to start this side of 2012 with Blitz running & 2012 just about to start. Between 2012 league & spring classic would seem perfect timing

Anytime is good to start a draft league because the draft takes a bit and creating rom etc etc,but I wouldnt want it to start the same time as another lg

Hokkee I told u not too cross the picket line and you go and start your own league!! This will never work unless you make it like fantasy football 2 minutes per pick!

(not tryin to hijack but...) i would like to see a league with a rom that had max stats and min weight for every player, so every team is even

If every team was the same ur tactical gameplan wud always be the same. I like that you have to consider your opponent's team when considering your own. For example, playing BUF vs TOR in this seasons playoffs I found Mogilny getting killed by Gilmour due to the weight bug. I'd played Mogilny throughout the league season but had not choice to swap him out to the wing with LaFontaine coming into C in order to A. be more physically competitive thru the middle and B. to make Mogilny more effective by giving him the space to come in from out wide.

I love that side of the game. Wud be lost the moment you make every team the same

If every team was the same ur tactical gameplan wud always be the same. I like that you have to consider your opponent's team when considering your own. For example, playing BUF vs TOR in this seasons playoffs I found Mogilny getting killed by Gilmour due to the weight bug. I'd played Mogilny throughout the league season but had not choice to swap him out to the wing with LaFontaine coming into C in order to A. be more physically competitive thru the middle and B. to make Mogilny more effective by giving him the space to come in from out wide.

I love that side of the game. Wud be lost the moment you make every team the same

excellent stuff mr.robbie

ye. who has the best tactics?!? thats what im sayin. make every player Gilmour or Mogilny and lets see who haz da skillz to pay da billz

And here I thought that wasn't going to work out just because we still have GDL.

But it does look like this proposal has a shot.

And here I thought that wasn't going to work out just because we still have GDL.

But it does look like this proposal has a shot.

Well thats the problem,GDL is run by individuals who have a life and are un available to run these lgs the way we love to have them on demand.Sooo this would work out perfect ,unless swos wants to give us entry to his site to run this lg as a voluntery committee and have it 2-3 times a year forever

no wtga

make a CLASSIC BLITZ LEAGUE - NO DRAFT

that will be something new

this is same old boring shyaat

hmmmmmmmmmm never even thought of that 1 ,good s**t obi -wan,yeah if halifax and chaos could add that too the site and using weight fixed kicks ass on another draft lg!!!

Edited by hokkeefan

no wtga

seconded

I'm a lot more interested in a draft league for two reasons:

1. It would be fun to draft a team.

2. The original classic teams are uneven in terms of talent. A draft would make things more interesting.

For guys who are already in a Blitz league, I guess this is the same old boring stuff. For me and the rest of the guys on the Blitz waiting list, this would be a lot of fun.

What rom does this plan on using? wgt fix or normal? If it uses normal, then this is just gdl2.0 if it uses fixed, its blitz2.0... the only league idea that has popped up lately and "hasn't been done" is a classic league with weight bug fixed. That could be interesting bc teams that normally suck (Pit for example) will suddenly be useful

(not tryin to hijack but...) i would like to see a league with a rom that had max stats and min weight for every player, so every team is even

This was done with Capitalism League and SNES Juiced League. Didn't really take off.

What rom does this plan on using? wgt fix or normal? If it uses normal, then this is just gdl2.0 if it uses fixed, its blitz2.0... the only league idea that has popped up lately and "hasn't been done" is a classic league with weight bug fixed. That could be interesting bc teams that normally suck (Pit for example) will suddenly be useful

Carse brings up an excellent point - this would just be GDL with no stats. And if the weight bug rom is used, blitz 2 with no stats. Weight bug fixed Classic League sounds good.

Regardless, I can set this up to use the 94online site, but no player stats would be tracked (something I'd like to do in the future, when I have loads of time).

This was done with Capitalism League and SNES Juiced League. Didn't really take off.

Carse brings up an excellent point - this would just be GDL with no stats. And if the weight bug rom is used, blitz 2 with no stats. Weight bug fixed Classic League sounds good.

Regardless, I can set this up to use the 94online site, but no player stats would be tracked (something I'd like to do in the future, when I have loads of time).

sounds good,a weight bug fixed classic lg on the site ..cant wait

no wtga

I kinda thought of that a long while ago, but Smoz said it wouldn't catch on because it's basically Classic without the weight bug. But this should be done; I want to see that for myself.

WEIGHT BUG FIXED CLASSIC LEAGUE!!!!!!

with stats?

They're talking about detailed stats for players, full games, like the current GDL and Blitz have. Those sites use a savestate file from GENS that you upload and the stats are automatically extracted:

GDL site: http://nhl94.arkku.net/index2.php

Blitz: http://www.blitz94.com/

So, how do we do this? Via team draft in here or what does Hokkee have in mind?