NHL'94 Forums

New Concept for Leagues

JacketsNash

So I was thinking, it seems the leagues here are either, just a regular default roster league with no trades, or full team draft leagues with trades. Now I have been in more than a few franchise leagues for baseball and football, and I feel that this concept for a league might be able to work. Basically it is a franchise league. Teams start off with their default rosters but are able to trade players as they choose. So for example, if you wanted to trade Gretzky for Yzerman, Yzerman would be on the Wings to start, and so on. Just an idea that I shared with someone in a conversation over AIM and I feel like it could possibly work if someone wanted to start one like this. If you have any more questions if I didn't explain it well enough let me know.

it is an ok idea but one thing is wrong i think. if there are trades 1 or 2 guys could end up with all the elite players on their tms

it is an ok idea but one thing is wrong i think. if there are trades 1 or 2 guys could end up with all the elite players on their tms

That's why the people running the league would moderate trades, making sure they are fair before they can be completed.

I disagree. If you were looking at your opponent´s team & he was packed out like the West All-stars you´d be stupid to hand over another elite player to him. Also, yeah, some moderation. If I agree to trade my Alexander Mogilny to the Islanders in return for Ray Ferraro clearly something fishy is going on.

Also, use weight bug fix too.

Would this be with line changes on or off?

The reason that I ask is because if line changes are off, teams with top shelf talent and depth (like Montreal and Detroit) could theoretically make 2 for 1 trades where they get an elite player in exchange for a couple very good players. Then they just plug in a guy from their stacked bench and they've improved their team a lot more than the other team even if the trade itself was pretty much even. I imagine those types of trades would make the league less fun for guys who get stuck with middling talent and no depth to begin with. In other words, it's easy to predict that the rich will get richer and the poor will stay the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a cool idea. Dynasty League sounds awesome.

Would this be with line changes on or off?

The reason that I ask is because if line changes are off, teams with top shelf talent and depth (like Montreal and Detroit) could theoretically make 2 for 1 trades where they get an elite player in exchange for a couple very good players. Then they just plug in a guy from their stacked bench and they've improved their team a lot more than the other team even if the trade itself was pretty much even. I imagine those types of trades would make the league less fun for guys who get stuck with middling talent and no depth to begin with. In other words, it's easy to predict that the rich will get richer and the poor will stay the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a cool idea. Dynasty League sounds awesome.

well from the baseball league I was in, there was progression and a entry draft at the end of the year, the draft class being, the people who were actually in the draft that year (aka rookies) with the standings showing who would go where, like in the real drafts. I don't know if people can be created and if someone would actually take the time to do progression and stuff like that, but the way to contemplate for having a bad team would be to eventually build the team into what you want.

I'd love to bring Dynasty back, did so much scouring of the 95-98 roms for the rookies, love playing GM, having players retire, rookies come in, etc. I have an idea for how i'd do a dynasty league but have no website/database expertise, also no good at the more advanced edits (logos, etc) but I can NOSE the s**t out of some rosters and unis