NHL'94 Forums

LEAGUE READY 2012.bin FILE!

LA Robbie

OK Peeps,

This is it - The official, league ready 2012 rom. This is the one to use for all league games.

I'm taking no credit for this. The hex editor was total gibberish to me. Smozoma talked me through it step by step & I just followed the master's instructions.

The fatigue & recovery rates have been adjusted to be identical to the 2011 league rom. In Clockwise's rom the players got shattered really fast, so after a couple of attacks ur guys were crawling around the ice. We've halved that, so they still get tired quicker than in the original 94 rom, but more realistically now. You'll still usually need to use all your lines during the course of a 7 minute period. Edit: Fatigue & recovery was reduced from 6 times faster than the original game to 5 times faster, not halved. Before though it felt like a couple of sprints & ur guys were useless. Now you get a few good attacks & then what feels like a period where you can see they're tiring, but still usable, before they hit total exhaustion. It feels much more realistic & makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

I haven't tested it online yet though, so let me know if i've done something that's ballsed everything up! Edit: Tested online with Dcicon & all looks good :)

Enjoy people. Thanks again to Smozoma, he really did the work, I was just his conduit (I think thats the correct term? lol)

nhl12v2.bin

I just noticed that the Rangers have 4 forwards on their first power play line. That's awesome! I checked a few other teams and noticed that some teams have this feature and others don't (Vancouver does, Boston doesn't).

Really great job, guys. Kudos all around.

It's in the GA!

I just noticed that the Rangers have 4 forwards on their first power play line. That's awesome! I checked a few other teams and noticed that some teams have this feature and others don't (Vancouver does, Boston doesn't).

Those were the power play lines teams were using at the start of the season. Some players who are on LTIR are in the starting lines since they should be back before the end of the regular season.

I use Left Wing Lock to set line combinations in the game.

• 11 years later...

I just found this ROM thru Kingraph's YouTube channel. The reversed goal siren and period horn is funny. Plus the updated post '94 text makes it great. Having Columbus at a high rating is a plus too. Thanks for that.

Edited by WileECoyote