NHL'94 Forums

Not sure if I agree with Shanahan's decision on the Lucic hit on a goalie

hokkeefan

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/11/14/lucic_not_punished/

He knew Miller was there and drove through him cause he was out of his crease ,he couldve TRIED to dart left but he didnt .So I think he deliberately ran over the goalie cause he was out of crease,so is it fair to take out the most critical part of a hockey team indefinately ?I don't think so,goalies are too hard to replace and Shanahan should've drove the point home that goalies aren't fair game like the rest of team.

Mark Howe rocks

"I like the game a little better in our era, mostly because the players policed the game. I think there's so much onus put on the officials right now ... I don't mind the fighting in the game, I know they're trying to take a lot of it out.

"The game in the old days got rid of the pretenders and the guys who do the whacking and the hacking, guys that are chirping back. That stuff got eliminated years ago. If somebody was taking a shot at your best player, somebody got rid of that right away.

"The reason I think there's a lot more injuries now? Guys are bigger, stronger, better fit overall. But you can just take runs at people left and right and they're coming at full speed. And in the old days, you eliminated that from the game."