NHL'94 Forums

Which NHL was I playing in the 90's ?

brianon

Hi Guys. I've played allot of NHL '94 over the years but never as much as I did as a kid. I used to love Ice Hockey in the early 90's. I would watch highlights on TV as that's all we'd get here in Ireland.

Anyway. I'm not entirely sure WHICH NHL I was playing. Pretty sure it was for the megadrive but the one thing I am sure of is that it had the countries in it.

I remember nearly always choosing Germany (as they weren't the best team).

So which version did I have ? The original EA Hockey ? Does any version have the countries as well as the NHL teams ?

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Guys. I've played allot of NHL '94 over the years but never as much as I did as a kid. I used to love Ice Hockey in the early 90's. I would watch highlights on TV as that's all we'd get here in Ireland.

Anyway. I'm not entirely sure WHICH NHL I was playing. Pretty sure it was for the megadrive but the one thing I am sure of is that it had the countries in it.

I remember nearly always choosing Germany (as they weren't the best team).

So which version did I have ? The original EA Hockey ? Does any version have the countries as well as the NHL teams ?

Cheers,

Brian

I think that's the first one, yeah. EA Hockey. I think after that was NHL Hockey, then NHLPA Hockey '93, then NHL '94. These later games are pretty similar, but just refinements/incremental improvements.

(although, perhaps EA Hockey was the international version and NHL hockey was the north American version, of the same game, just with different logos and player numbers? I'm not sure).

EA Hockey:

NHL Hockey (91):

The main menu looks identical, except for names and logos.

I think I can confirm that they are different versions of the same game because you can't pick the last two international teams in the playoffs because they were the allstar teams in the NHL version and were thus set as ruled out. it is fun to play off-speed so the game runs fast and furiously.

Thanks guys. So no NHL game had both International and NHL teams then ?

hmmmm. Well it must have been "EA Hockey" I had so. Maybe I also got NHLPA '93 or NHL '94 at a later date as I remember very distinctly playing as St.Louis and loving Brett Hull ... in the game that is :)

btw... I've never played NHL '94 online before...anyone want to play a game ? Any leagues coming up soon ?