NHL'94 Forums

Pressure Sensitive Passing?

Kaberle15

I was looking at the NHLPA 93 about section (which is pretty interesting I have to say), and it said that pressing B harder will cause a harder pass, which makes it easier to bounce off players sticks and such. I though wow, I never thought the genesis gamepad had pressure sensitive buttons. So I tried it, and I'm not sure if I'm crazy or not, when I get the puck as my goalie and I press B hard he lobs it hard, when I press it softly it's always on the ice.

Can somebody clear this up for me?

Thanks a lot

I think this is a myth...

Either you're pressing the button, or you're not. The best it could do is know how long you held the button for, and maybe if you let go of it quickly, it changes the pass. But I suspect passing is instantaneous, as soon as B is pressed.

I think this is a myth...

Either you're pressing the button, or you're not. The best it could do is know how long you held the button for, and maybe if you let go of it quickly, it changes the pass. But I suspect passing is instantaneous, as soon as B is pressed.

Okay thanks a lot man, that's what I thought too but I'm just making sure that I'm not missing out on anything lol. If it is a myth than someone should change that in the NHLPA 93 about-passing section.

I'm currently using the gens_11b.exe program to convert a recorded game from KREC to GMV.

Noticed that in the top left corner it shows what buttons you were pressing. The buttons light up in 3 colors: blue, orange, and white.

Could these 3 colors represent different pressure levels? It may be a time-based formula, since the genesis buttons only seem to have 2 modes - on and off.