NHL'94 Forums

Clarification on Rules

PRoBob38

I should've mentioned this before the season, I didn't really spend much time talking about rules because it was the same as last season and most returned from that league. But, I noticed that hokkeefan and Houly have a game logged as a 3-3 tie and realized that a lot of people may not be aware of the rule just because it's rare. I'd suppose this was done because you played through overtime and nobody scored. Just think of it this way, modern NHL rules apply to this game. If nobody scores in OT, simply exit the game, open "shootout" mode and play the lovable skills competition the NHL uses to decide a winner. Of you don't follow the NHL, the winner of the shootout is just awarded one more goal. So for example, if the score of the game after OT is 3-3, and one player wins the shootout 3-2, the score is logged as a 4-3 overtime win, not 6-5.

I haven't checked all scores yet, but if there are any other games logged as ties, play your shootout and post the updated results either on the forum or hit me up on AIM. Again, my apologies for not making sure everyone knew about this.

Edited by PRoBob38