NHL'94 Forums

93-12 & 94-12

slapshot67

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I looked at in the NOSE editor, and there's no way to make Nashville's home jersey's gold without also making the helmets gold (but the helmets should be navy blue).

Bummer. I may keep at it to try to improve Nashville in this file. I already fixed their lines for you.

I'll upload it when I get done.

This is the best 2011 - 2012 roster I've found on this site, though. Great work!

Edited by wEEman33

I added the trapezoid patch and goalie control patch.Enjoy this years greatest rom.

thank you so much slapshot

Sorry for newb questions....

What do the trapezoid patch and goalie patch impact? Is the weight glitch fixed in this ROM?

Why are the best players capped at 80 or so, not 100?

Can i ask when will be seeing NHL 94 roms for the 89/90 - 98/99 seasons? Simply curious is all

Sorry, hopefully soon.

OK, I looked at in the NOSE editor, and there's no way to make Nashville's home jersey's gold without also making the helmets gold (but the helmets should be navy blue).Bummer. I may keep at it to try to improve Nashville in this file. I already fixed their lines for you.I'll upload it when I get done.This is the best 2011 - 2012 roster I've found on this site, though. Great work!

I wish there was a seperate palette for helmets.

Sorry for newb questions....What do the trapezoid patch and goalie patch impact? Is the weight glitch fixed in this ROM?Why are the best players capped at 80 or so, not 100?

Trapezoid is just a graphic change, no impact on the game, I will have my own version of the trapezoid in one of the updates.

The goalie patch is a separate button for goalie control.

The weight patch is not in the game.

I use a rating template for all my roms, so roms stay consistent. here are my rating templates.

the playoffs should be fixed up with teams playing within the conferences. it's just a suggestion. it would only take a few minutes.

Will add it in one of the updates

Thanks for all your feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v1.2 is out now, get it here

*NEW in v1.2 - Roster Update, NSH & WPG Jersey/Logo Update

Hey slapshot. Any word on when your final 2012 roster trade-deadline rom will be released? I'd like to use that final rom for a project I'm working on. It will include the helmet patch, player cards, and my own selection screen logos. You can check it out here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14026-coming-soon-nhl-12-playoff-edition/

It's me by the way (nhlpa93easn@yahoo.com). I wanna thank you for all your help with everything!

Edited by dynamo11

Great job with the rosters/logos, etc in the 94 version.

Did you use a lower ratings scale for more realistic flow of play? I was noticing that some of the players that had injury struggles, but are otherwise great players (ie: Crosby/Gaborik) seem to have suffered in overall rating. Is this a conscious move to reflect the season's stats only, or would you welcome some feedback on players that seem off?

Thanks again.

Great job with the rosters/logos, etc in the 94 version.

Did you use a lower ratings scale for more realistic flow of play? I was noticing that some of the players that had injury struggles, but are otherwise great players (ie: Crosby/Gaborik) seem to have suffered in overall rating. Is this a conscious move to reflect the season's stats only, or would you welcome some feedback on players that seem off?

Thanks again.

If you go to slapshots website, he uses a special rating system to keep the rom consistent. His website is http://www.slapshot67.com

Edited by dynamo11

• 1 month later...

Here are my updates for 93 and 94, you can get them here

Updates will follow, Enjoy

Hey man, hope everything is ok! I sent you an email. Looking forward to your latest updates, you do the best job as far as rating go. Any idea when you might be coming out with an update? Just curious. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

@SlapShot... are your ROM hacks for NHLPA NHL '93 from the original ROM GoodTools format (REV00) or (REV01)? Meaning, did you hack:

NHLPA Hockey '93 (UE) (REV00) [!]

or

NHLPA Hockey '93 (UE) (REV01) [!]

Edited by OldSchoolGamer

@SlapShot... are your ROM hacks for NHLPA NHL '93 from the original ROM GoodTools format (REV00) or (REV01)? Meaning, did you hack:

NHLPA Hockey '93 (UE) (REV00) [!]

or

NHLPA Hockey '93 (UE) (REV01) [!]

Hey, can someone explain what are the differences between this two roms ?

oh. is there a coding difference for telling the cartridges apart? were there both types for SNES, too?

• 6 months later...

not likely. if I am right, MAME is an arcade emulator. you will need a Genesis emulator for these files.