NHL'94 Forums

Is there a helmet patch available? How do you do custom helmets?

I am working on some early 90's hacks for NHL 94 and have gotten ok with tile molester. I noticed in clockwise's nhl 11 and nhl 12 roms he has the correct helmet colors for montreal, chicago etc. Is there a patch for that available anywhere? I'd also like to know if there is a hockey tape patch. I think I saw one on here somwhere, but it came packaged with a trapezoid and those half sqaures around the faceoff circles. Since I'm working on an older rom I'd just like the stick tape patch and the helmet color patch.

Is there any way to do it by myself if there is no patch? Thanks!

Edited by nhlpa93easn

Patch: http://pixelpuck.com/?p=1776 The uniforms won't look as classic, though. The sprites are based off the Reebok Edge jerseys.

Redrawn skater sprites and overhauled goalie sprites for more accurate uniforms.

Separate color swatches for helmets and sleeve piping.

Stick tape and ’94 LASIK correction.

Updated faceoff window that’s been adapted to reflect the new uniforms.

New bench-area sprites.

Notes

The patch was designed for use with Wboy’s 30 team mod. It may be compatible with the original game, but it hasn’t been tested, and I would expect to encounter some problems with the faceoff window; there may be some oddities.

The current NHL crease with trapezoid will be added when this patch is applied.. So make sure you do any crease editing after applying the patch. Sorry if you already did.. Also, the trapezoid is very easy to remove in Tile Layer Pro, and the tiles are easy to find since they’re the only angular goal lines in the rink. Just brush over them with the ice hue.Some additional .bmp files are required to see the uniforms properly in NOSE. All you have to do is overwrite the old ones in the directory with the new ones supplied in the .zip file. Instructions are in there, too.

Patch: http://pixelpuck.com/?p=1776 The uniforms won't look as classic, though. The sprites are based off the Reebok Edge jerseys.

Redrawn skater sprites and overhauled goalie sprites for more accurate uniforms.

Separate color swatches for helmets and sleeve piping.

Stick tape and ’94 LASIK correction.

Updated faceoff window that’s been adapted to reflect the new uniforms.

New bench-area sprites.

Notes

The patch was designed for use with Wboy’s 30 team mod. It may be compatible with the original game, but it hasn’t been tested, and I would expect to encounter some problems with the faceoff window; there may be some oddities.

The current NHL crease with trapezoid will be added when this patch is applied.. So make sure you do any crease editing after applying the patch. Sorry if you already did.. Also, the trapezoid is very easy to remove in Tile Layer Pro, and the tiles are easy to find since they’re the only angular goal lines in the rink. Just brush over them with the ice hue.Some additional .bmp files are required to see the uniforms properly in NOSE. All you have to do is overwrite the old ones in the directory with the new ones supplied in the .zip file. Instructions are in there, too.

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, I applied the patch to a couple of roms and it messed up the graphics. I'm looking for just a helmet and stick patch. With no changes to any other graphics like the bench, etc. I couldnt even edit the messed up graphics out, because when I tried it seemed to all of a sudden start sharing tiles in spots it usually wouldnt. Oh well.