NHL'94 Forums

Deadline Extended

PRoBob38

Well, deadline's today and we've got exactly half of the league I believe NOT above the deadline, including the vast majority of A. I've been made aware that some people will actually have more free time to play around the holidays. We've had 3 people play a combined 6 games for the Islanders in A. I can only replace so many, and I said before that my main goal was to get everyone's games played and only replace people who absolutely could not play. It seems like some people are taking advantage of how much slack I've been giving. Not accusing anyone, but that's the impression I feel like I'm getting. By Christmas eve (next Saturday), you need to have 16 games played. We cannot keep moving at a snail's pace. I'll have to replace those who do not make the deadline, and if I cannot replace everyone, well, we may have to consider shutting down the league. Sorry to leave a long, unpleasant message like this, but idk what else to do. If 7 games in 2.5-3 weeks is too much, I don't think this league can make it.

i've had the islanders for exactly three days... i have a job. i play on weekends.

ok, that still doesn't make any part of my comment invalid. The problem isn't that you haven't played, it's that 3 guys have had them and played a combined 6 games. Meaning we've already had to replace people and are in danger of having to replace a ton more (probably more than can possibly be replaced).

undnerstood, just seemed like a bit of a calling-out. anyway, like OB said in the other thread, the time of year is definitely tough for a lot of guys to find time to play. i'm sure it will pick up, especially with the blitz reg. season being done or almost done for everyone.

I get what OB was saying about this being finals week. Truth is OB is just a few games shy of the 14 game checkpoint. I don't really think there's much of an excuse for the guys who have like 6 games played. This league started a month ago!

I'm sure "Blitz & exams" don't account for everyone, and the only person I can remember saying anything along the lines of "Hey i've been really busy, but I still want to be in" was Carse................of course he also said he'd play a bunch this week ;) lol

Can we have a different deadline for B? We're way ahead of A & a 16 game deadline gives a few guys a chance to slack off. A 20 game or 22 game deadline should easily be do-able in B.

Don't see any reason why we couldn't confirm playoff matchups for B by new year?

yee this week was finals week.. I get back to Pittsburgh tomorrow, and the womans leaves Wednesday so I will be posted up w a nice connection ready to churn out gas at that point.

and Winter Classic i hope