NHL'94 Forums

Website request

Bo Knows NHL94

I noticed that it does not record the number of checks for the games. Would it be possible to have the website record checks per game? Also I think it it would be nice to have the option to sort by points per game for player stats so we can see who is leading in scoring points per game as well as overall points. That way if one team has played fewer games it can still be more fair to compare stats.

The site is really good btw :-)

i don't think we can extract bodycheck stat from the savestate and this because it does not count. look at the picture and you will see the players stats in the game contain only goals, assists, points, shot on goal and penalty minutes.

94draft-preseason.jpg

i don't think we can extract bodycheck stat from the savestate and this because it does not count. look at the picture and you will see the players stats in the game contain only goals, assists, points, shot on goal and penalty minutes.

94draft-preseason.jpg

In Genesis, it actually does track checks per player. Also, Time on Ice. The data is stored immediately after the goal/assist/shot/PIM data.

Haha that's good. I think it may have been because I scored a goal without hitting the shoot button, I just "walked" it into the net. So I guess a goalie could have a negative save percentage this way... or what if there was a goal and the team had no shots in the game...!!!

phpw9jvl0pm.jpg

:o

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94

Haha that's good. I think it may have been because I scored a goal without hitting the shoot button, I just "walked" it into the net. So I guess a goalie could have a negative save percentage this way... or what if there was a goal and the team had no shots in the game...!!!

phpw9jvl0pm.jpg

:o

no he can't. The formula to update the goalie stat is based on SoG. If didn't receive a shot, the stat will not updated because the division by 0 error.

there are a few ways to get this that I've seen on genesis

1 - score a penalty shot goal. the game doesn't count it as a shot.

2 - i'm not 100% sure this actually causes a goal without a shot, but I think i've seen it: score a goal while getting a penalty. the goalie will be pulled, and as soon as he starts skating away, if you somehow score, he doesn't get credited with a shot against. I could be wrong on this one...

3 - and of course score on yourself with the goalie pulled and on the bench

The server got a problem right now, i post a support ticket and we have to wait tomorrow. Sorry for that. When i will able to upload the database on the server we will have some new stats.

Team stats added :

- GFA

- GAA

- Pts%

-Goal Diff

Players

- Sh%

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna suggest, dan, that you may want to look at a formula for how the goalies appear in the top 5. For example, some of the back up goalies are in the top 5 and probably have played only a game or two.

You may want to change it so that they would've had to have faced like 30% of the teams total shots against at a minimum...or something like that...then it makes the top goalies more legit. In reality, essensa has faced 700+ shots where the guys above him (save percentage wise) have faced less than 30 shots.