NHL'94 Forums

Habs need a french coach?

halifax

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the habs have coaching their team?

• The best coach available
    • The best french speaking coach available.

http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20111219/montreal-canadiens-habs-english-speaking-coach-randy-cunneyworth-language-controversy-111219.html

"Sports columnist Rejean Tremblay said Monday that the coach of the Montreal Canadiens appears on TV in Quebec more often than Prime Minister Stephen Harper or Premier Jean Charest.

For that reason, he argues that the top Habs coach simply has to speak French.

"Eighty per cent of that province is French and that means that you cannot communicate with those people," he told CTV Montreal in a telephone interview on Monday.

The 50-year-old Cunneyworth is the first unilingual English-speaking coach to lead the Habs since Bob Berry in the early 1980s."

I can understand both sides of this

but fans care alot more about winning than watching the fkn coach on tv.

Ill take a mute coach that wins over one that can speak and lose.

I rarely watched Jacques martin, it was boring cliches anyway.

This is really just political gayness.

Half the team is basically american, so who cares none of it matters now a days. Get an english coach.

Problem is, Cunneyworth doesnt speak french AND hes not the best coach available.

If Pierre Gauther would have hired a Mike Babcock, a lot less people would have complained.

damn kgirl is really getting senile...tourrete?

Lololol bring it! Longeuil universite de sherbrooke!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really just political gayness.

Half the team is basically american, so who cares none of it matters now a days. Get an english coach.

exactly - and randy is only an interim coach who gets a chance to earn the job for a longer time.

honestly for me the timing of sacking martin was a big joke. no good coach available and just a short time after aquiring kaberle - don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of his work, but i would have giving him more time - OR I've fired him back in the middle of november.

best post ever!!!!!

worst post ever :huh:

It's obvious that the Habs would be much better bringing back an experienced French-Canadian coach who once led his team to the Stanley Cup:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/agL3NHgb8Rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THE HABS SO SOFF

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94