NHL'94 Forums

Live tourney in phile Jan.2 - giver buds

halifax

Haha. That's awesome. Congrats to Wookie & way to go representing the community with such class! Even giving them a 2012 cartridge! Top stuff dynamitesj!!!...................(is he still around?!!!)

Gotta say, I expected a bunch of guys to head down there seeing as Philly is so well represented on here, but perhaps a big part of the online community is the fact that you don't have to get out of your own armchair to play people from all over the world?

With that in mind, & with having this whole thread really get my brain ticking from the start, I wanna ask: Who would be interested in a trip down to Mexico for the "1st annual NHL94 World Championships"?

I live in an awesome, safe, friendly...............and sunny city called Puebla, & know a really class, modern gaming & internet place here which would be a great venue. I think it would be a perfect place for you guys to have a short break at some point in the future.

Before I go all out into seriously organising it, who would be interested, and at what time of year would it suit people? If enough were interested I could even set up both Snes & Gens championships. What do we think?

Congrats buddy! U went in like a trained ninja but I'm disappointed u ran up the score in the finals! Lol

I pretty much stopped trying after the first period and my checking line was out for most of the 3rd period because of the Auto Line Changes. In one or two games my checking line got scored on so I had to edit my lines to make my checking line my first line and 1st line my 2nd line. That wasn't necessary in the championship game. Just trying to put on a good show. B)

Congrats : )

Nice idea giving the organizer a cartridge with 2012 on it.

Just to clear it up since it seems like a common misconception, I had nothing to do with the production of the NHL 2012 ROM, it just uses some hacks I made.

I live in an awesome, safe, friendly...............and sunny city called Puebla, & know a really class, modern gaming & internet place here which would be a great venue. I think it would be a perfect place for you guys to have a short break at some point in the future.

Before I go all out into seriously organising it, who would be interested, and at what time of year would it suit people? If enough were interested I could even set up both Snes & Gens championships. What do we think?

Live tourney would be great, especially with the members from the community. Mexico will be a tough sell.

However, NYC would be nice! :P

Or Montreal?

Maybe for 2013 -- the 20th anniversary of the release of NHL'94!!! I can see EA or ESPN sponsor this idea.

isn't NYC crazy expensive to visit? Hotels..

Yeah, that's true actually, especially to stay in Manhattan. However, there are options in the other boroughs like Queens (where all the airports are anyway) and even, *gulp*, New Jersey that are more affordable, but would require a subway, bus or cab ride in (15-20 minutes or so).

Congrats wookie...great touch giving them the cartridge. Maybe we'll have some new recruits!

I second the New York tourney. Hotels are way cheaper on the Jersey side and as long as you're not against rush hour it's maybe a 20 minute bus ride to Times Square.

100% behind a Montreal tourney also. I can say we're playing for $$$ and blow all my cash on other things.

Mexico sounds crazy fun but I'd have to fly and I'd imagine many others would too.

Live tourney would be great, especially with the members from the community. Mexico will be a tough sell.

Was thinking if it was planned well in advance it cud be a major event, with time for people to plan & prepare & like a semi-vacation for you guys in the US & Canada. I imagine a NY or Montreal tourny would still involve flights for many? Although admittedly cheaper you'd save a hell of a lot on hotels & cost of drinking/eating/going out here (About $60ish per night for a nice enough hotel inc. breakfast in the city square. $1.60-$2ish for a beer & a full meal for less than $20 in the restaurants.

Still seem a tough sell? lol

You'd probably spend as much if not more going to an American city

Was thinking if it was planned well in advance it cud be a major event, with time for people to plan & prepare & like a semi-vacation for you guys in the US & Canada. I imagine a NY or Montreal tourny would still involve flights for many? Although admittedly cheaper you'd save a hell of a lot on hotels & cost of drinking/eating/going out here (About $60ish per night for a nice enough hotel inc. breakfast in the city square. $1.60-$2ish for a beer & a full meal for less than $20 in the restaurants.

Still seem a tough sell? lol

You'd probably spend as much if not more going to an American city

Pennsylvania style PREMIUM beer turns out to be about $0.33 a can ($7.99 for 24!) according to BoKnows and crew. :lol:

In all seriousness, any trip will require a good chunk of expenses. I was thinking Those near MTL may be able to car pool or bus to NYC, or vice versa, or anywhere on the east coast to save on traveling expenses.

Puebla is now on my list of places to consider for vacation! Check out this New York Times write-up:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/travel/09hours.html

I'd make the trip. Do it when carse is in town and we have four right there, then we can easily get 6-8 more guys for decent tourney

Count me in...

Puebla is now on my list of places to consider for vacation! Check out this New York Times write-up:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/travel/09hours.html

Haha. It is a great city. Very good review actually. Definitely not what the outside image of mainland Mexico might be