NHL'94 Forums

How do you line change on the fly (GEN version)?

wEEman33

In the Genesis version of NHL 94, I see the computer team is able to change lines anytime during play.

Can human teams also change lines on the fly?

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like I am only able to change lines during faceoffs?

the comp can do it a little easier than us. If you hold A (not sure if you have to be in your end or not) it will bring up your lines and then you are able to choose. Careful tho make sure one of your guys has the puck. If not they could all go to the bench at once and your opponent could have a serious chance at a breakaway

Edited by minpind

A trick I have seen is to go behind your own net and press/hold A to get the line change dialog and also to keep possession of the puck by bouncing it off the back of your own net. Otherwise, you throw the puck down the ice and have to go chase it.

I see this is another area where the SNES version trumps the Genesis one.

I believe you can just press select to bring up the line change menu in SNES NHL 94?

Tru dat, man. Speaking of, where has he been lately? No SNES vs GENS wars for a while :P

A trick I have seen is to go behind your own net and press/hold A to get the line change dialog and also to keep possession of the puck by bouncing it off the back of your own net. Otherwise, you throw the puck down the ice and have to go chase it.

That's a Great trick to use! That way you don't give your opponent possession or dump it out of the rink and force a face-off, defeating your purpose